Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:47:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the A.R.E.'s Investigations into the Atlantic

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the A.R.E.'s Investigations into the Atlantic  (Read 11506 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« on: April 03, 2007, 03:12:54 am »

Des:

Don't get bummed out, because the genuine finds there are quite intriguing. This field has had so many mysteries (detailed in a host of 1960' and 70's books) that it's about time they get solved. Solving the old ones led to new ones, new ones that have been documented.

There were three things about Cay Sal I mentioned. Cay Sal is huge. The alleged pyramids off NW Cay Sal: sand. The recent strange satellite image of an area inside the Cay Sal Bank was investigated by us three weeks ago. It is formed by sand and bottom grass.

But the Anguilla Arc located off NE Cay Sal, at the island of Anguilla appears to be a harbor with a breakwater. We have some samples in for testing now.

Regarding Ray Brown, I never met him. The various people I have talked to about him stated that he wasn't very convincing. I doubt the accuracy of the overall story. The Berry Islands have been thoroughly investigated. If a pyramid was there, as large as he stated it was, I think it would have been validated.

Asher did, indeed, find and film quite a bit on the bottom off Cadiz, Spain. Well-formed stone blocks as well as other blocks that look like modern concrete slabs. It may be the same area lots of others have "discovered" since then.

"Ruins of roads and buildings found off Bimini Island in the 1960's by the photographed and published expeditions of Dr. Mansan Valentine. "

The above refers to the Bimini Road as well as the marble and cement columns discovered there.

"Similar underwater ruins found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet underwater. "

The above may refer to an ancient harbor area.

5. Dr. David Zink found in 1957, off the Bahamas coast, a stylized marble head, building block cast in a mold and a construction piece drilled by a bit, as well as a stone column that he reported radiated energy."

The date of the above is screwy. Zink found the marble head near the Bimini Road in the late 1970s during ARE-sponsored expeditions.

"6. A ruined harbor like complex discovered on the sea floor off Bimini by Captain John Alexander. "

Again, this refers to the Bimini Road.

"7. The deep sea diving submarine Aluminaut discovered a well preserved paved road on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean make of blacktop magnesium oxide, running along the sea floor from Florida to South Carolina. "

I've read a bit about the above. Probably a natural formation.

"8. Temple pillars, buildings, statues, wide curving boulevards with smaller avenues branching out like spokes in a wheel, majestic temples and pyramids videotaped by Captain Reyes Miraga on the Spanish named salvage ship "Talia" . "

Again around the Bimini Road, as well as Moselle Shoals north of Bimini. We took great video of wrecks and granite blocks at Moselle, but I haven't used the film yet.

"9. A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk. "

I'm stumped. How would anyone know there were 11 rooms in a pyramid that was an astonishing 11,000 feet?

"10. Several acres of white marble-like ruins found on tile ocean floor off Cuba reported by Lieceser Hemingway. "

Hemmingway was theEditor of the Bimini newspaper and the brother of Earnest. He made this report after seeing white stuff in the water from a plane. It is assumed marble because it was white. We made a long and extensive aerial survey in the same areas, but not closer than 50 miles of Cuba. Didn't see it and I doubt that what he saw was precisely what he reported.

"11. Mysterious dome structures reportedly seen in clear water by several pilots in the Straits of Florida. "

That's true, Sand humps that come and go with storms and hurricanes.

"12. Soviet expeditions to the Atlantic Ampere Seamount resulted in photographs of ruins destroyed by lava (like the Aztecs and Mayans wrote Atlan was destroyed by). This discovery was in the New York Times newspaper May 21, 1978. The photos were developed by the Academy's Petrovsky Marakuyev and reported by the deputy Director of the Soviet Academy of Science's Institute of Oceanography, Professor Aksyonove, who also reported ruins found off Cadiz, Spain in the same area as Dr. Maxine Asher's previous discovery. "

The Soviets made a lot of reports in the 1970s that haven't panned out. But there's a lot of interesting stuff in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. The Cadiz area does have stone blocks on the bottom.

"13. 1981 expedition of P. Cappellano discovered mysterious ruins with strange symbols on them on the sea floor off the Canary Islands. "

The Canaries have pyramids and Thor Heyerdahl's work showed that they did make some sort of carvings and engravings. I don't know about any underwater work there, but Andrew Collins suggested we do an expedition there.

"14. 1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was about 650 feet high. Mysteriously, the surrounding water was lit by sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at that depth. "

Sand mounts and probably "whitings."

"15. An urn brought to the surface by Dr. Asher's expedition. "

The above is reliable.

"16. The foundations of a 100 by 75 foot structure photographed on the sea bottom off Andros Island. "

This refers to the Andros Temple first reported in 1968. In our 2003 book we discussed it thoroughly and visited it. It is still there along with many other similar structures. They are sponge pens. Valentine wrote several artiucles about it and unfortunately what he wrote in the popular press does not match what he wrote in scientific journals. It's a sponge pen, formed by piles of stones placed on the bottom. Sticks are then vertically stuck into the stones. A sponge pen is utilized to allow the tidal flows to wash out collected (dead) sponge.

"17. A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for transportation". He added that he brought up a statue. "

I don't know anything about this.

"18. A six foot column or spire protruding from a double circular gear-like base embedded in the ocean floor, with peculiar light emanations from the bottom of the shaft showing up in photos taken by Dr. William Bell in 1958. "

No one else has ever found it despite great efforts made. It was found about 300 yards off S. Bimini. Based on the photos and descriptions, Bill Donato (and I) agree it's a ship mast.

"19. Pillars found on the Atlantic floor in 1969 by Robert Fero and Michael Grumley, a chunk of which was carved from rock NOT found anywhere in that part of the world. "

The above refers to the marble and cement columns found off Bimini near the Road site. The marble (and cement for that matter) do not come from the Americas. The idea that it's stone not found anywhere was a misinterpretation or gross exaggeration. The cement columns are still there. The 2 marble ones were taken.

"20. A road off the Bahamas explored by Dr. Manson Valentine. "

Refers to the Bimini Road. Strange, isn't it.

"21. Dimitri Rebikoff, using his underwater platform and a special collecting lens, reported ruins found encircling an underwater freshwater spring. "

There were several finds at Bimini this is referring to. Several stone formations, that we have not found--and we have looked for them--were formed by circular arrangements of stone. We did find 5 stone circles there, but none had springs that we could tell. There was also a land discovery in a mangrove swamp where someone had found a well and made a stone circle around it.

"22. Marble Acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on pillars. "

Again, it's the Bimini Road and nearby finds of columns.

"23. Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of Troy {which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis! IDENTICAL pottery was found in Tiahuanaco, Bolivia. "

I'm clueless about this.

"24. Twenty researchers, including archaeologists, a marine biologist, geologist, and cartographer dove onto ruins on the sea floor off Bimini in 1975 and brought back artifacts from which they concluded that the walls and roads were made of materials not found in that part of the world."

Again, it talks about the Bimini Road. The marble and cement are not from th Bahamas. Some of the stones had micrite in them, not a Bahamas variety.

I hope this helps. The skeptics have a field day with misinformation. What I find scientifically interesting is that the skeptics have themselves gone to the same lengths of misrepresentation, exaggeration, the making up of facts, and dubious science to discredit what is really there.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: