Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:04:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Olmecs

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olmecs  (Read 9621 times)
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: March 04, 2007, 12:12:02 am »

Thanks for checking for me, Zaphod, I'll do some checking myself.  I sort of doubt that they will take anything but the traditional view, but I am interested in what they say!

Of course the easy answer is nothing is as it seems; but the problem with that is these statues are mocking the Archaeology magazine people and they can't even see it...or maybe they do but that it isn't cool, yet, to talk about this in a scholarly manner, or at least on a sustained level.

I whole-heartedly agree with that, Andrew, the statues are clearly African-American and here the archaologoical community is tripping over themselves trying to explain them away!

It might also interest you to know that most of the giant heads were moved from their original locations - the first rule of archaeology is to examine something in it's native soil, taking in the context and looking for other artifacts that might also belong to an ancient people.  The Olmecs have been treated as an afterthought almost since their discovery - some very sloppy acrchaeological work involved in all this!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: