Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:13:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AKHENATEN/TUTANKHAMUN

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AKHENATEN/TUTANKHAMUN  (Read 74643 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2007, 09:07:13 am »

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:38:08 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:26 am »

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:38:36 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2007, 09:12:34 am »

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:39:00 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2007, 09:44:05 am »

And a view from Anthony Di Paolo, MS, JD:

"Before the spectacular discovery of his almost intact tomb in the Valley of the Kings (KV 62) in November 1922, Tutankhamun was a shadowy and little known figure of the late 18th  Dynasty. To a certain extent he still is, despite the prominence he has acquired from the contents of his tomb. Tutankhamun's name was known in the early years of this century from a few references, but  his exact place in the sequence of the 'Amarna kings' was uncertain.

Like Akhenaten and Ay, his name  had been omitted from the classic king lists of Abydos and Karnak, which simply jump from Amenhotep III to Horemheb. Indeed, Tutankhamun's exact identity - and his parentage - is still a matter of some conjecture, although it is clear that the young prince was brought up at Amarna, probably in the North Palace. A number of items found in his tomb are relics of his life at the Aten court, notably the Aten's disc shown protecting him and his young wife, Ankhesenamun, on the pictorial back panel of  his gold-inlaid throne.

Towards the end of Akhenaten's reign the senior members of the court, especially Ay and Horemheb, probably realized that things could not go on as they were. Smenkhkare, Akhenaten's brother (or son?) and co-regent, must have come to the same conclusion .

since he had left Akhetaten and moved back to the old secular capital, Memphis, where he may have been in contact with the proscribed members of  the priesthood of Amun before his death and burial at Thebes.

Soon after Akhenaten's death, Tutankhaten (as he then was) was crowned at Memphis.  Aged about nine when he succeeded, the young king would have had no close female relatives left - his probable mother Kiya, his stepmother Nefertiti and his eider step-sisters all being dead. He was probably under the direct care and influence of Ay, the senior civil servant, and  Horemheb, the military man. Tutankhaten's wife, Ankhesenpaaten, was evidently older than he since she was already of child-bearing age, seemingly having had a daughter by her father, Akhenaten.

As soon as the new king had been installed, a move was made back to the old religion. This was signified radically in Year 2 when both king and queen changed the -aten ending of their names to -amun. Tutankhamun probably had little to do with this or indeed many other decisions - his 'advisors' were the ones who held the reins and manipulated the puppet strings of the boy-king.

A great 'Restoration' stele records the reinstallation of the old religion of Amun and the reopening and rebuilding of the temples. The stele is known from two copies, both of which were later usurped by Horemheb, as were many other monuments of Tutankhamun.

A large number of reliefs and statues have been identified as originally belonging to Tutankhamun (the majority showing him either in the company of Amun or as the god himself); for although the inscriptions have been changed, the king's boyish features are clearly recognizable.

Extensive building works were carried out at Karnak and Luxor in Tutankhamun's name, especially the great colonnade and the relief scenes of the Festival of Opet at Luxor, but all were subsequently taken over by Horemheb."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:39:35 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2007, 09:48:33 am »

In its Structure and decorations, the tomb is one of the least impressive. It is the immense treasures of

art and archaeology it has yielded, that have made it the most famous. The tomb, discovered in the

early part of the 1900's, had been hastily prepared for a Pharaoh of secondary importance, who died

earlier. The only room to be decorated was the burial chamber,
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:40:10 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2007, 09:54:04 am »

TUTANKHAMEN (NEBKHEPERRE)     ca 1343-1333 B.C.

Tutankhamen Statue(Luxor).

Later usurped by Horemheb.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:40:39 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:14 am »

King of Upper Egpyt and Lower Egypt, Nebkheperure, son of Re, Tutankhamun, given life.

NEBKHEPERURE

NEBKHEPERURE HEGA MAAT

TUTANKHATEN

TUTANKHAMUN HEGA IUNU SEMAI
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:41:13 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:48 am »

Tutankhamen and Ankhesenamen at Karnak.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:41:43 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Majeston

« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2007, 10:34:38 am »

Tutankhamun's parentage is uncertain. An inscription calls him a king's son, but it is not clear which king was meant. Most scholars think that he was probably a son either of Amenhotep III (though probably not by his Great Royal Wife Tiye), or more likely a son of Amenhotep III's son Akhenaten around 1342 BC. However, Professor James Allen argues that Tutankhamun was more likely to be a son of the short-lived king Smenkhkare rather than Akhenaten. Allen argues that Akhenaten consciously chose a female co-regent named Neferneferuaten to succeed him rather than Tutankhamun which is unlikely if the latter was indeed his son.[3] Tutankhamun was married to Ankhesenpaaten (possibly his sister), and after the re-establishment of the traditional Egyptian religion the couple changed the –aten ending of their names to the –amun ending, becoming Ankhesenamun and Tutankhamun. They had two known children, both stillborn girls—their mummies were discovered in his tomb.

P1048:4, 95:5.10
Though the monotheistic ideal suffered with the passing of Ikhnaton, the idea of one God persisted in the minds of many groups. The son-in-law of Ikhnaton went along with the priests, back to the worship of the old gods, changing his name to Tutankhamen. The capital returned to Thebes, and the priests waxed fat upon the land, eventually gaining possession of one seventh of all Egypt; and presently one of this same order of priests made bold to seize the crown.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/ub/ppr095_5.html#P095_5_10

The Urantia Book -- Part III. The History Of Urantia
PAPER 95: Section 5.
The Remarkable Ikhnaton
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2007, 12:15:30 pm »

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE, MAJESTON?

ASK THE MAN ON THE STREET IF HE KNOWS WHO  AKHENATEN IS.....

(Better that they don't.  He turned out to be a three-time 'incestuous' father.  We ALL know what THAT is.)

ON THE OTHER HAND, ASK HIM IF HE KNOWS WHO 'FATHERLESS'  T U T A N K H A M U N  IS........

THE KEY TO ETERNITY IS      R E M E M B E R A N C E ..............

BTW: I do hope they eventually find out that Tutankhamun was NOT Akhenaten's son.  I would be
ashamed of him.  And I don't think that incest between "father and daughter" was any different then
than it is now.    A Faraoh marrying his sister was a centuries' old tradition (obligatory) for retaining
the throne.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:42:22 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2007, 12:35:38 pm »

TOO GOOD-LOOKING TO BE AKHENATEN'S SON, MAJESTON!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:43:35 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Majeston

« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2007, 03:33:46 pm »

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE, MAJESTON?

ASK THE MAN ON THE STREET IF HE KNOWS WHO  AKHENATEN IS.....

(Better that they don't.  He turned out to be a three-time 'incestuous' father.  We ALL know what THAT is.)

ON THE OTHER HAND, ASK HIM IF HE KNOWS WHO 'FATHERLESS'  T U T A N K H A M U N  IS........

THE KEY TO ETERNITY IS      R E M E M B E R A N C E ..............

BTW: I do hope they eventually find out that Tutankhamun was NOT Akhenaten's son.  I would be
ashamed of him.  And I don't think that incest between "father and daughter" was any different then
than it is now.    A Faraoh marrying his sister was a centuries' old tradition (obligatory) for retaining
the throne.

Bianca dear,

methinks you presume too much and judge upon unsound criteria.

1.  You state as if it is a fact that Iknahton (Akhenaten) was incestuous.  That has never been shown or proved.  Thau shalt not bear false witness.

2.  What's the difference if Tut was his son or son-in-law???  Well,  it won't affect my life but I'm sure it makes a difference to some people.

3.  Incest--- "(Better that they don't.  He turned out to be a three-time 'incestuous' father.  We ALL know what THAT is.)"
     It might be nice Bianca if you studied incest a little bit and really found out a bit more about it.   From what I can see it seems to be
     some Puritanical belief which has outlived its time and usefullness.  It is not illegal in many countries and cultures;  it does not always
     produce negative genetic results and many times a superior genetic predetermination can produce superior genetic results.   I think you are
     simply parroting a majority moral standard based upon superstition and ignorance.

4.   I don't agree that the key to eternity is rememberance as you state.   I believe the key to eternity is Faith. 
      Obviously it can't be rememberance because from what I recall you believe in past reincarnation and you don't recall anything.
      The only thing that can possibly lead to eternity is Knowing God and having a personal relationship with him.  It's not what you know,  but
      who you know.  Smiley

5.   You say,  "BTW: I do hope they eventually find out that Tutankhamun was NOT Akhenaten's son."
      They did find that out.  The Urantia papers tell you that Tut was his son-in-law.   The Urantia papers have never been proven wrong
      by anyone,  .........ever.

6.   quote..."TOO GOOD-LOOKING TO BE AKHENATEN'S SON, MAJESTON!!!"

actually Bianca  I think the representations of  Akhenaten are extraordinary.  Regal,  powerful,  strong,  dynamic,  kingly, 
     This silly pic of Tut makes him look like a nobody from nowhere with no extraordinary genes.  A common schlub.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:41:10 pm by Majeston » Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »

You don't check real facts much do you, Majeston?

But then you'll probably say it's all lies, anyway.  So you don't bother reading outside your
own views.

One of the daughters died of childbirth (Akhenaten's offspring) and Tut' s wife's baby by
her father died.  Don't b.s. about customs......I have to excuse it because a channeler
says he was one of the first 'monotheists'?  Like the bible says it was OK for David to
have adulterous relations with another man's wife, then to get rid of the said husband
he sends him to the front lines to be killed.......? D I S G U S T I N G!!!

BTW, devoted as I am to Edgar Cayce, I NEVER espoused his religion either.  Too many fairytales
in both the urantia and the bible.....Faith is faith, but ridiculous is still ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:47:08 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2007, 04:14:41 pm »

The Annex had been looted in ancient times an many objects that were displaced by the thieves from other parts of the tomb were hastily stacked in the Annex by the priests before the tomb was resealed. 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:39:13 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2007, 04:16:49 pm »

DETAIL OF BED ABOVE
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:38:45 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: