Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:31:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Why has Ron Paul not caught on with the Public?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has Ron Paul not caught on with the Public?  (Read 1243 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 11:22:56 pm »

Versus smart women like Naomi Wolfe  who make the CFR connection and can see the 11 steps to fascism.

You do know that Naomi Wolfe is a Clinton supporter, don't you?  Huh

No I didn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 11:25:54 pm »

From Ron Paul's own website:

Issue: Life and Liberty

“ I am strongly pro life. Life begins at conception ... but, I do not believe this should be a federal matter. All issues of life and violence and crime and murder are dealt with at the local level. ”

The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

I have also authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.”

Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

As an OB/GYN doctor, I’ve delivered over 4,000 babies. That experience has made me an unshakable foe of abortion. Many of you may have read my book, Challenge To Liberty, which champions the idea that there cannot be liberty in a society unless the rights of all innocents are protected. Much can be understood about the civility of a society in observing its regard for the dignity of human life.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty/

Okay but what percentage of women are fetus killing femi-nazis ??

There are actually more women who want to protect life than the small percentage who seek to destroy it.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 11:28:42 pm »

Besides how can women **** about not having rights themselves yet be more than willing to deprive fetuses their rights to life ??

Seems a little hypocritical.
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 11:30:29 pm »

Anyway, the Ron Paul constituency happens to be a pretty narrow one - it seems to be mostly made up of a lot of jaded former right wingers who no longer like Bush, and, for whom the choice issue was never important to them.

Yes, a lot of people mistrust the government.

No, most people do not want to pay taxes.

But you aren't going to get a lot of Democrats joining it cause Democrats believe that - if government has one purpose it is to make people's lives better, not worse!  People who also believe in the right to privacy won't be supporting him either, his policies are at odds with themselves when it comes to that.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 11:32:34 pm »

Anyway, the Ron Paul constituency happens to be a pretty narrow one - it seems to be mostly made up of a lot of jaded former right wingers who no longer like Bush, and, for whom the choice issue was never important to them.

Yes, a lot of people mistrust the government.

No, most people do not want to pay taxes.

But you aren't going to get a lot of Democrats joining it cause Democrats believe that - if government has one purpose it is to make people's lives better, not worse!  People who also believe in the right to privacy won't be supporting him either, his policies are at odds with themselves when it comes to that.

Democrats of old yes. These new CFR Democrats don't believe it.  Don't be decieved.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 11:37:34 pm »

Shocked Ron Paul is against the 4th Amendment !!!!!!  Shocked  Since when ??

This is quite the claim, you have proof right ??

Pro-life I can see the proof but anti-4th Amendment wow !!!!!!! Shocked

Proof ??  Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 11:38:14 pm »

Besides how can women **** about not having rights themselves yet be more than willing to deprive fetuses their rights to life ??

Sure, that's your belief and you're entitled to it.  But you're NOT entitled to force those beliefs on people who don't believe the same as you do. Your position is inconsistent, too.  One one hand, you mention the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, on the other, you want to give away your right to privacy. Is the right to privacy in the Contitution and the Bill of Rights, hmm?

Besides, do you know how overpopulated the world is getting??  In some areas of the world, we can't feed the people we have, nor employ them, nor house them.  It's not like we need to go out of our way to get more.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:08 pm »

Sure, that's your belief and you're entitled to it.  But you're NOT entitled to force those beliefs on people who don't believe the same as you do. Your position is inconsistent, too.  One one hand, you mention the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, on the other, you want to give away your right to privacy. Is the right to privacy in the Contitution and the Bill of Rights, hmm?

Besides, do you know how overpopulated the world is getting??  In some areas of the world, we can't feed the people we have, nor employ them, nor house them.  It's not like we need to go out of our way to get more.

What about the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you are denying that to babies by aborting fetuses.  Your forcing your belief of abortion onto a fetus whose rights are guranteeed by the Constitution.  If women were denied rights, then women would be marching in the streets.  Women are only brave against the unborn because they can't defend themselves.  How sickening and cowardly.
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 11:50:21 pm »

What about the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you are denying that to babies by aborting fetuses.  Your forcing your belief of abortion onto a fetus whose rights are guranteeed by the Constitution.

They aren't guaranteed in the Constitution!  Have you read the Constitution?  Show me one part that mentions the right of the fetus, or even "the unborn."

Women are only brave against the unborn because they can't defend themselves.  How sickening and cowardly.

Gee, I could say the same against wife-beaters!  Talk on the issues, don't resort to name-calling and dogma.
Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 11:58:41 pm »

Volitzer, check this out:

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul meets students and supporters following a convocation at Liberty University. About 8,500 showed up for Friday's event in Lynchburg, Va., the largest he has seen on the campaign trail.
JILL NANCE: THE NEWS AND ADVANCE

With losses mounting, Paul downsizes campaign
National staff for White House bid will be 'leaner' as he turns focus to keeping House seat

By BENNETT ROTH and R. G. RATCLIFFE
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Ron Paul, the Lake Jackson GOP lawmaker whose Internet-driven presidential campaign has smashed fundraising records but failed to garner substantial voter support, is scaling back his White House efforts and is focusing on the primary race to retain his House seat.

In an e-mail message sent to supporters Saturday, Paul said that while he will remain in the presidential race, he must place a priority on his congressional contest, where he faces Friendswood accountant Chris Peden.

"If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas," he said. "I cannot and will not let that happen."

With Arizona Sen. John McCain on a clear path to the Republican presidential nomination, Paul said he no longer needs as big a national staff, "so," he said, "I am making it leaner and tighter."

No third-party run

Paul repeated earlier pledges that he will not make a third-party run for president. In 1988, he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate, and thousands of his grassroots backers have encouraged him to continue his national fight through November.

While Paul's opposition to the Iraq war has drawn followers nationally, it has also stirred up dissent in his heavily Republican district. The strangely shaped district hugs the Gulf Coast, takes in pieces of Galveston and Chambers County, reaches up to include parts of Brazoria and Fort Bend counties, and stretches beyond Victoria.

In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Paul said he was not worried about retaining his seat in the March 4 primary.

"If we look at the history of running in the district, I usually win without too much trouble, and we assume we will," Paul said.

Paul's primary challenger said he was surprised at the abrupt about-face because the incumbent has thus far not been willing "to come here for a debate."

"He suddenly has awakened to the fact that he has an opponent working very hard," Peden said.

Paul indicated winning the GOP nomination for re-election will be his biggest victory in Texas but said he will make a mark in the presidential voting, too.

Ads to start airing this week

"It's a little bit early to write us off, but I'm not making any predictions that we're going to run away with it, either," he said. "We're going to be continuing the process to remind Republicans what the conservative philosophy is all about."

Paul's spokesman Jesse Benton said the national staff would likely be reduced from 150 to about 50, with those who worked in the Super Tuesday primaries in states such as California being let go.

In addition, Benton said, he and other national staffers will transfer to Paul's congressional re-election operation.

But Benton said that even as Paul wages a primary campaign he will also continue running his presidential campaign in Texas. Three staffers will be assigned to his presidential effort here. He said that the Paul campaign has purchased about $700,000 worth of radio and cable television advertising that is scheduled to start running this week in the Houston, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth markets.

Benton said that Paul still has about $6 million in his presidential election account. He said the lawmaker cannot transfer that money to his congressional campaign unless he terminates his presidential effort, which he does not intend to do.

But Benton said Paul had recently raised several hundred thousand dollars for his congressional race.

Paul is scheduled to hold a rally for his congressional race today at the Lake Jackson Civic Center from 1:30 to 4 p.m.

Opponent 'running hard'

Local Republican officials said they were not surprised by Paul's decision to concentrate on his local race.

"In terms of the presidential campaign, I think realistically, you know, he's not going to be a viable candidate at the convention, and he does have an opponent in the primary who is running hard," said Mary Anne Wyatt, the chairwoman of the Victoria County GOP.

Jared Woodfill, Harris County GOP chairman, said, "It's very surprising, if not shocking, that he's still in the presidential race. His numbers have gone absolutely nowhere."

Paul's announcement was greeted with sadness by supporters in cyberspace and at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

"His analysis is correct," said Aaron Biterman, a Paul backer from Arlington, Va. "He should be worried about his congressional seat. We don't want to lose Ron Paul in Congress."

Although the libertarian-leaning Paul outpaced all of his GOP presidential rivals in fundraising late last year, he has failed to win a single contest.

He has collected just 14 delegates, according to The Associated Press count, far behind McCain, who has almost sealed the GOP nomination with 719 delegates. Benton, however, contended that Paul has a minimum of 16 delegates and could have as many as 42 when tallies of contests already held are complete.

To win the Republican nomination a candidate must have a total of 1,191 delegates.

Patrick Brendel in the Washington Bureau also contributed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5528537.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 11:59:33 pm »

It looks like the Ron Paul for President campaign shall soon be coming to an end. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:13 am »

What about the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you are denying that to babies by aborting fetuses.  Your forcing your belief of abortion onto a fetus whose rights are guranteeed by the Constitution.

They aren't guaranteed in the Constitution!  Have you read the Constitution?  Show me one part that mentions the right of the fetus, or even "the unborn."

Women are only brave against the unborn because they can't defend themselves.  How sickening and cowardly.

Gee, I could say the same against wife-beaters!  Talk on the issues, don't resort to name-calling and dogma.

Okay wrong document... I meant the Declaration of Independence from which I quote

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Notice the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and the last part ...as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Saftey & Happiness.  It implies the unborn just like women and minorities.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 12:10:26 am »

It looks like the Ron Paul for President campaign shall soon be coming to an end. 

Only those registered as Republican can vote in the Primary and the DIEBOLD machines are still not to be trusted.

Main Stream Media is not to be trusted either.

I see independent vote auditers coming forward in the future.

The NWO aint winning that easily.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:12 am »

Then we'll find another Libertarian Candidate to take his place should he officially bail.  The anti-NAU/anti-NWO issue is far bigger than Ron Paul anyway.   Angry

He's got to stop taking pollign data from just the registered Republicans, far more independents support him that weren't allowed to vote in the primaries which are manipulated anyway.   Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:17:35 am by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:54 am »

Ron Paul has left the building, and soon the race?
by Mark Silva< and updated.

Ron Paul is not here. Well maybe he is. Talking about saving his congressional seat.

He was nowhere in this posting, not to be seen in the halls of the Washington hotel where the Conservative Political Action Convention wraps up today.

Mike Huckabee is here, along with a few dozen mostly young supporters waiting with signs at the door to greet the former governor of Arkansas, the last of the Republican candidates for president to speak here. Paul spoke the other day. So did Mitt Romney, as he was quitting the race, leaving the contest for the party's nomination, apparently, to Sen. John McCain.

The question is, when the contest is finished, where will these people go?

Where will the people who conspired to raise $6 million for Ron Paul in one record day of Internet-fundraisng in December go? Will they settle for McCain, who drew boos among the cheers as he appeared here this week, his party's nominee-apparent?

Will they stay with their party? Or will they move to the third or fourth presidential candidate on the ballot in November? The candidate like Paul, in 1988, when he ran as the Libertarian. He appeared on the ballots in 46 states and drew 431,750 votes, less than one percent.

Now Paul is here: He has ruled out running as a third-party candidate this year, saying in Texas that he is continuing to campaign but also must pay attention to not losing his party's primary for his congressional seat. He wrote on his Web-site that he is cutting his national staff and must focus on keeping his House seat.

"With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero," Paul wrote. "But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get."

Paul's latest entry on his Web site also included a request that supporters not neglect his other "priority," which is making sure that he keeps his office. ""If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas," Paul wrote. "I cannot and will not let that happen."

So, will the people who have campaigned so fervently for the Huckabees and Pauls of the party become one-percenters in November? Or will they rally to their party's cause?

Their candidates may be gone, but the decisions they make in November will have a significant bearing on the outcome of the election on which everyone is so focused here, this cold grey morning in Washington on which Mike Huckabee will take the last candidate's stand at the CPAC, the place where so much doubt about John McCain resides.

Posted by Mark Silva on February 9, 2008 8:30 AM | Permalink

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/ron_paul_has_left_the_building.html
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: