Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:22:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ghosts (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosts (Original)  (Read 2980 times)
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 11:00:47 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 08-21-2005 06:22 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys-
I've done plenty of photography around cemeteries and haunted places and mostly come up with photos of gravestones and such, of course. However, early this year I went looking for ghosts at an old Montana ghost town called Bannack. There is an old hotel there that has notorious hauntings, mostly of a gal called Dorothy Dunn who drowned in the town pond. I went there on a winter day and there was not a single person there except the caretaker. I spent time walking around with a compass, an audio recorder, a video cam, and a 35mm camera... my normal gear. I asked Dorothy to make herself known to us, as I walked around, but didn't see or hear of anything unusual.

When I got home and developed my photos, I could see an image of a MAN in one of the windows of the hotel, looking out. I asked around to see if others could plainly see and describe the man too. They could. He has a receeding hairline, dark hair, really long, old fashioned sideburns and hooded eyes. This was obviously not Dorothy, so I looked into the history of Bannack and found who I think is the man in my photo. His name was Henry Plummer and he was the corrupt sherriff of the town in the 1800's gold rush out here. There have even been a few sightings of his ghost at Bannack too as well as Dorothy's, I just hadn't know that when I started looking for ghosts there. I knew it was Henry in my photo as soon as I found an article with his photo on it. The resemblance is uncanny and after seeing the last "7 Gables Ghost photo" from which I couldn't discern anything, unlike the other photos which are so good they are almost too good to be true!! Thanks, Jennie, for the great link!) I think my photo of Henry, if that's who it is, is at least that quality, if not much better. I wish I could post it here for you all to see. I'm sort of a computer moron and am not sure how else you guys could see it other than posting here or sending it in e-mail.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: