Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:28:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Deciphering Linear A

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deciphering Linear A  (Read 4294 times)
Mark of Australia

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 12:07:14 am »

Hi Akelius,Gwen, Ideopraxist

Ok ,I will give my thoughts on the recent posts down there.

Firstly,that is a very good post Akelius and a good point.The inscriptions on the rock are fairly crude ,afterall they are on rough looking rocks.It's not as if it is dressed stone.And most importantly the figures look as if they could be from any number of ancient scripts such as the ones Akelius mentions,and I would include the so-called 'Ogham' script of Ireland and even Nordic Runes.

Secondly, knowing the provenance of the rocks is vital to identify which script it could atleast be related to.Afterall it is often said how the most important aspect of archaeological finds is the context in which they are found.Such as the particular strata of a find , but first things first , we need to know the location of the actual site where the stones were found !!   If they were found on the shores of the Baltic they could perhaps be Runes ,if found in Crete - perhaps Linear A.  I am very sceptical of the rocks simply because the find site was not mentioned straight up. It should be the first thing mentioned. It's that sort of sloppy scholarship we can do without in my opinion.  Maybe it was an honest oversite in which case it would appreciated if you would post the info concerning the rocks original location Ideopraxist.

Thirdly, I agree with Gwen .Nothing Gwen said warranted such a rant like response from you Ideopraxist.She asked reasonable questions. Questions which still have not been answered!. So I'll add my voice ...Where were the rocks found??? and who found them??

Fourthly, it seems that this conversation started going downhill when BlueHue became involved via another one of his classic, incoherent posts that are virtually impossible to make sense of.

oh and if you just ask Bluehue to send you a copy of his timeline Ideopraxist, I'm sure he will be more than happy to send it to you ,If I recall correctly Blue has a new ,improved version of it ready for release.And as he quoted me ,yes it is very colourful, and that's about all.

I don't wanna sound condescending Ideopraxist but it would definately help if you weren't so sensitive about your posts. (I hope we don't have another Bluehue on our hands Tongue)  ok ,sorry ,that was uncalled for, I just couldn't resist.

I'm sure I've just stirred up the wrath of Bluehue ...sigh  Lips sealed  I will never learn Roll Eyes

I realise that was a pretty long-winded post but I am trying to save Ideopraxist from the dark-side. Wink ..."Don't give in to hate Luke" Grin Tongue
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:33:53 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: