Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:09:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"House of Re-Animator" Is Go

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "House of Re-Animator" Is Go  (Read 143 times)
Measured Justice

« on: January 29, 2008, 10:32:23 pm »

"House of Re-Animator" Is Go, With William H. Macy Starring

At last, proof that Re-Animator 4, also called House of Re-Animator, is definitely in the works. William H. Macy (whom you may have seen in bloodfest Fargo) told press at Sundance that the politically-charged movie -- in which a George W. Bush-style prez orders the re-animation of his VP -- will definitely be happening. He'll play the president, and horror-satirist Stuart Gordon (who directed the bizarrolicious first Re-Animator) will be helming, working "slowly but surely," Macy said.

Last year the very political project was rumored to be stalled due to concerns from the studio that it was too political, and was too obviously referring to Dick Cheney being a re-animated zombie. If that was the real reason, then how is the TV show Jericho able to get away with its Obviously Cheney figure, a shady intelligence dude from DHS who may have masterminded the attacks on U.S. cities? It's a mystery to us, but we're relieved to hear that the movie is back on track.

While you're waiting for this one, be sure to check out the original Re-Animator, as well as Gordon's more recent flick Dagon, which is one of the most faithful adaptations of an H.P. Lovecraft story I've ever seen (it's a retelling of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," set in Spain).

http://io9.com/349859/house-of-re+animator-is-go-with-william-h-macy-starring
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Measured Justice

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:36:08 pm »

Re-Animator Flick On Hold Because Zombies Are Way Too Political

My heart is breaking because Jeffrey Combs just told SciFi Wire that we may be waiting a lot longer for the much-anticipated House of Re-Animator, the fourth in the Re-Animator series, and the second to be directed by its anarchist-comedian mastermind, Stuart Gordon. Apparently its political message, about a zombie Vice-President who runs amok, cuts too close to the bone. Studios are wussing out of doing some gory political satire. According to Combs:

The latest idea is too on the nose, because it's about a vice president who has a heart attack and dies, which is terrible, because he runs the country, and a kind of Karl Rove-ian character brings Herbert to the White House to revive him. All is well for a little while, and then, of course, havoc has its day. A lot of people they took the idea to didn't want to touch it. And, of course, the real power in it would be to get it out before they are out of power.
OK, why the **** did Uwe goddamn Boll get to direct a gory political satire (the wretched Postal), but Stuart Gordon - who actually has a brain and some writing ability - doesn't? What the hell, people? I think the problem is that Hollywood doesn't want progressive politics in movies to offend the delicate white liberal sensibility. Politics should be sanctimonious, and no bodily fluids should be involved. Somebody like Michael Moore gets to make "funny" political movies because he's actually an irritating dogmatist who is boring to watch, but Gordon - who threatens to entertain us - is being told zombies are just too political for the B-movie crowd.

http://io9.com/308542/re+animator-flick-on-hold-because-zombies-are-way-too-political
Report Spam   Logged
Measured Justice

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »

SFF '08: Macy on Re-Animator Sequel Status

Source: ShockTillYouDrop.com January 25, 2008

Out promoting the Hollywood satire The Deal at the Sundance Film Festival, actor William Macy gave ShockTillYouDrop.com an update on his involvement in the long-mooted House of Re-Animator. "Yeah, I'm still a part of it. Stuart Gordon...he works slowly but surely," he says.

In the fourth chapter chronicling the exploits of Herbert West, Macy is committed to play the President of the United States. West, played by Jeffrey Combs, would be called to the White House to "revive" the V.P. - at least that was an early plot hatched by Gordon and Brian Yuzna.

Having starred in Gordon's Edmond, are there any plans for the actor and director to reunite for a non-"Re-Animator" outing - perhaps another Mamet adaptation? "No, he's got lots of things in the works," says Macy. "I think my next project is going to be directing a film, my directorial debut, it's called Keep Coming Back, I'm just waiting for one movie star, everything else is in place."

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/sundancenews.php?id=4381
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: