Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:42:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Historical King Arthur

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Historical King Arthur  (Read 2565 times)
Valerie
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 05:31:42 am »

Yeah, but I don't believe your material not because it isn't sourced, but because there is no proof.  Anyone can come up with a hypothesis.  Your problem is that you believe the hypothesis that you hear, apparently because it agrees with your line of thinking, without being aware that there are other theories out there that may not only be more credible, but more accepted by historians.

You have to look at the big picture and not be so sure that your way is the right way.  Only with an open mind can true knowledge begin.
Report Spam   Logged

Neart inár lámha, fírinne ar ár dteanga, glaine inár gcroí
"Strength in our arms, truth on our tongue, clarity in our heart"
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 02:32:14 pm »

Yeah, but I don't believe your material not because it isn't sourced, but because here is no proof.  Anyone can come up with a hypothesis. it should be more accepted by historians.

You have to look at the big picture and not be so sure that your way is the right way.  Only with an open mind can true knowledge begin.

SURE, my very  DEAR  VALERIE,    . . ./ dd. 21-June- 2007

My lame excuse is that with phase-1 Alzheimer's disease I forget a lot even my little black book, so I cannot remember Sources, on the other hand, forum people that have a functioning Memory have NOT SPOKEN -out about Arthur's FRENCH origins yet.

Between the year 800 & 1200 diverse European monastry libraries seem to have been raided by a papal decree telling them to get rid of non-religious books and keep only the ones on christian doctrines, so much scriptures about secular history simply vanished from  most monastries only the Conte de Renard & the ( Thidrec-)Nibelungen-Saga survived.

It is well known, or I thought that you knew that, the 'ingeniosse Nequam or State Chancellor of Emperor LOIS-LE-PIEUX, a certain Einhart or Ebrouin suggested that the Library that  Charl -le-Main , had been collecting in a monastry in 'BRITTANY 'named Le MANS, was pillaged and destroyed just because it had 90 foreign- NON-religious Books in it

Today this Einhardt or Ebrouin, would go life in Prison for that barbarious act, but The Emperor even paid for his deed instead.

The got popularity of the ROMAN d'ARTHUR, after 400 years in hiding, 800-1200, by folk-language-translations from the Laten originals !

The Nibelungen SAGA was re-discoverred in ICELAND,  like the Snorri -Edda, but the Scene of the Story, was  in mid- Germany

The Conte de Fox Renard was rediscovered in HOLLAND, in 1200 but the original played in year 700 in SPAIN,

SO, about 1188 we find the ATHUR  SAGA in England with predominantly FRENCH names, and even FRENCH placenames
and NOW You tell me that this is a circumstational EVIDENCE ? ?

RIOTHAMUS is said to have lived in Brittany and have participated in a french battle against invading SAXONS, from SAXONY a German Author ' dr Heinz-Ritter von Schaumburg( bei Rintelen in Germany in 1990.) I forget has written a book about the Nibelungen and found out the following:

1 ROME in that SAGA was not italian Rome but the GERMAN City of TRIER which was -locally-named : " Roma-Nova-Secunda."

2 ATLI was not ATTILLA the Hun( died about 450 ad,) but CHILPERIC-1 ( died about 560.)

3 DIETRICH-von BERN, was NOT THEODERIK the GREAT( died 527.)But was King TIERRY-2 of Bona VERONA.

4 BRITTANY may just mean " Little-Britain " and NOT England,besides how do you account for the fact that in North-FRANCE, there is an ancient COUNTY named: ARTOIS, meaning ' Arthur's Kingdom ' and this was there before the year 1000 ad.

5 The original account of King/ Duc-Bellorum ARTHUR's battles in North-FRANCE may have been lost or better still it's disapearance was with the Duke of Normandy, because ARTOIS is a Vassal-County of Normandy and if in 1066 the Duc of Normandy took his Court with the State -Archives to LONDON, than THIS is the reason that the SAGA of ARTHUR moved quite naturally  to England.

6 since the French original was lost it took 100 years to re -translate the English translation, back into Frence by Jean de Troyes if I remember correctly. I am sure that there are book recently written about the 'original ' FRENCH Arthur but this is not really my subject Topic and I am not apt to go deeper into the REAL Arthur's origin, But I am sure you will in future find ample proof about " IMPERATOR BRITTANORUM ARTURUS "

I am sorry that I cannot help You very much-further,

If it may intrest You, I have a similar'PROBLEM "with another Thread:
currentl I am under attack by my traditionalist Forum members for having a different -off-Mainstream-opinion on Atlantis Location at the THREAD: 'Atlantis in the Atlantic '

In Short, by MEDIA-SHORTENING, most transcriptions of that SAGA, read that Atlantis was situated IN the MID-Atlantic.  BUT now I read that a certain GEORGEOS -recently-found out that the original Greek sentence about Atlantis Location was much longer and read THUS:

Atlantis was situated ( At the EXTREMITY of  a GULF which like a harbour to a SEA was a narrow Sidebrance of-)the Atlantic-OCEAN.(!) . . . The Greek original -PROSE POEM, is pretty garbled, but GEORGEOS deducted that The OCEAN was named " OIKUMENE-OKEANOS " and that PART which was ADJACENT to Atlantis was called differently, namely; ' SEA-of-ATLAS " thus NOT -atlantic-Ocean AT ALL.

So you see ? it is obvious, that,  by DENYING that an  ' ORIGINAL ' TEXT was mutilated into another meaning the participants stubbornly collaborated to a history forgery, and accuse US for -maliciously-doctering the ancient text

Since 105 Atlantologists at the Worldconference on Atlantis in MELOS in 2005 have all missed THAT discovery, NOW they say that GEORGEOS is an UN-SCIENTIFIC SCOUNDREL and should have 'warned 'them of his discovery much earlier

So,  when I WAS telling the same in 2004 NOBODY listened -up or PAID ATTENTION, and said that I was a LUNY, AT THE TIME that read no Greek, BUT the greek-scholars who HAD THE OPPERTUNITY TO VERIFY THAT CLAIM SIMPLY DID NOT.

Now at MELOS-2 in 2008, GEORGEOS and I have the aquired privilege to LAUGH in their faces of such a stupid ommittance.. . . very very SAD, is not it ??  Sad   Sad

SO if YOU too think that ARTHUR lived in ENGLAND whilst his retinue have all french names THINK AGAIN.
Sorry, ATHUR is not part of my hobbies, so I leave YOU to it.

Sincerely, " BlueHueCry   Cry

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 03:45:47 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Wind

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2008, 03:40:32 pm »

BlueHue your post's are always so well thought out and put together you must spend an Immense amount of time doing research and putting them together.   I just wanted to say that I appreciate your hard work and enjoy your post's.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:49 pm »

Sorry  Mr WIND,
this answer is a bit late(25-th Dec 2008.)

I appreciate your congratulations,  I do have ample time on my hands
nobody is dependant on me, but I am sure that I would do better as an amateur historian,
if I was not " socially handicapped " by Alzheimer's Disease. Cry Shocked Cry

I live alone, my wife left me because she had no intrest in researching ancient history. dd 25 Febr. 2009
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:20:51 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: