Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:42:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

John Titor

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Titor  (Read 293 times)
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:58 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 08-18-2004 09:41 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anteros,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're not in your own time line then you did not travel back in time. You pointed this out yourself but if you've learned something different since then fill me in!

Nope, nothing new here, I had actually long since forgotten about this thread!
(but, I love reliving old memories  ) (I had to re-read every post to see where we were )

Anteros,

quote:

Every conclusion I can think of indicates that you have not travelled in time so time travel is ... rubbish

Well, as I had said in my post dated 06-28-2004, the conclusions we can come to with our present understanding is simply a form of inter-dimensional travel. BUT consider this:

You are you-- same age, same height, same hair colour etc..

You ATTEMPT to travel back in time, BUT, instead merge into an alternate dimension.

You are still YOU, BUT, the dimension into which you have travelled is, in all forms, a scene of your PAST.

You see the corner-store which burned down 20 years ago, right there on the corner, as it was years ago in YOUR timeline, and you see the two friendly old men who liked to sit on the park bench everyday feeding the birds as they shoot the breeze-- but, these men have long since passed away... etc etc..

So, here you are, in an ALTERNATE reality, BUT, ALSO in the PAST as YOU know it.

These things have changed in your dimension, but are only just now being lived in this new dimension.

Effectively, what you have done is to go into another dimension, BUT ALSO, to travel back in time, as one would understand it. yes, it's different, but, it is STILL the past...
Anteros,

quote:

If it is the same 1972 what would happen if I ran into myself?

According to all logic, you would be just another smelly old man to your childhood self. You wouldn't recognize yourself in any way. Your childhood self would (presumably) be unfamiliar with genetics, thus not understand WHY your eyes look like his, or how you can have the same mole on your arms... To HIM, it is all a cooincidence which will be forgotten as soon as dinner is on the table.

quote:

So I'm in my 1972 and begin to make changes to the timeline, assuming I'm not in a loony bin. I buy my Microsoft and Intel stock after convincing a lovely lady that I'm a visitor from the future and can she please take me in.

Lovely lady eh?

May I make a recommendation?

Convince the lass that you are a Billionaire 

With your knowledge, it will happen very soon!!!

(The looney bin bit will only happen if you parade yourself and make prophesies.... just do a Batman and save the world by night(according to what you know will happen), and be normal during the day )

Anteros,

quote:

Does the timeline then "split?" Or had it already split when I went back and any memories I have become useless? Then that's not time travel, is it?

The timeline is thought to inevitably split the moment you travel, and the degree of divergence to differ according to how far/long you travel.
The timeline you travel to, is solid, it won't change. But, to YOU it will be different, as you've lived something different.

(A better question would be, " can I get home again?"..... this one is a noodle scratcher...)

Anteros,

quote:

Can anyone today really build a viable scenario that would allow for time travel without any of these contradictions?

hmmm...
Don't know... Perhaps my scenario above comes close??

Ape,

quote:

i have been studying this topic on another board ...

Tsk tsk.... so much for loyalty

According to that line of logic (9/11, titanic etc), the world HAS changed, and will never be the same again.

But, this is really no different from any other day. A flower dies, the world has changed, a baby is born, the world has changed, a piece of driftwood finds it's way to shore on a sandy beach, the world has changed.

The only difference is the degree of change it makes, and frankly, I see no noticeable changes from either 9/11 OR Titanic (besides a fear of flying and sailing...). They seem to have become trivia for the boardgame 'Trivial Pursuit'.

(sorry about the long post... but, I had fun typing it )

Posts: 1626 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2004   

Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 11:26:18 pm »

MNoble
Member # 1597

Rate Member   posted 08-19-2004 01:15 AM                       
I've seen John Titor before, its been around for a few years now.
I think most people believe that its a Hoax. I never really read posts about him, but I think if you look at the manual he provided and some of the pics of his 'ship' then there's something obviously fake about them.

Anyway, like I said, never really read posts about him, so I can't go into exactly what people say...Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 11:27:11 pm »

Anteros

Member # 1984

Member Rated:
   posted 08-19-2004 09:28 AM                       
(Head spinning round n' round...)
Ack! That's why I rarely give this subject much brain space anymore. Makes me dizzy!

One more go, however... different tack. I read somewhere (Can't remember, so no link) that our thought processes are actually quantum processes and are therefore non-local events, giving rise to the idea that maybe we really DO exist in more than one dimension at a time. What do you think of that?

Also, have you read "The Number of the Beast" by Robert Heinlein?

Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 11:27:40 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 08-19-2004 07:05 PM                       
I agree with that theory, actually  Wink

Posts: 1626 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: