Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:36:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean  (Read 35526 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2008, 07:34:51 pm »

No, Blue, it was not a case of "pons asinorum".......

Believe it or not it took me re-reading it a couple of times before it registered as

1 7 5 5 -  I kept TRULY 'seeing' it as  1 7 7 5.......

This has never happened to me before.  My eyesight is great, since I had lens replacement
surgery about two years ago.  I can only put it down to STRESS.......we have had a few
sudden deaths in the family, the last one about a week ago.  I have been trying to work
through my grief, I guess, and I am not doing as well as I thought I could......

I am so glad you liked the San Marino thread.  I have been there, of course, it is located in
my home Province, Marche.  That's where I was born and raised, right by the Adriatic sea....

Down below is Rimini and nearby is the Castle of Gradara, where Paolo and Francesca, the lovers
of the "Divine Comedy", lived......It's a lovely castle, the ceilings were done by Raffaello's father.

The last time I went 'home' was in 1993.  It was probably my last time, as money is getting
tight and I don't foresee much improvement.  So I am really, truly enjoying the chance to re-
member doing my little 'travelogues'......

"........Some of these were attracted by Earth and fell into the still watered South Arabian
DESERT the TWO Trabants or satelite rocks that Mars still carries with him might have been
the origin of the Myth of Romulus & Remus as having been suckled by a She Wolf"

Could be, Blue.

Keep in mind that this miserable little bunch of men's huts on the Tiber had to come up with
some pretty good story to make its mark.  That's why the tale of the Vestal Virgin Rea Silvia
and the god Mars being the parents of Romulus and Rhemus. And Mars was the perfect god
to pick, when one considers all the peoples they would have to fight, starting with the Sabines.

Anyway, being the romantics we are, unless things have changed, that's what was taught in
schools (officially) when I was a little girl........

......wonder if you could display some scenes still of Actor what's his name  as  Rupert of Montjoy.....

Blue, what movie is that from, 'Henry V' with Laurence Olivier?  I wasn't aware it was made in San
Marino.  As far as I know only 'Prince of Foxes' with Tyrone Power and Orson Wells was made there.

Bianca

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:55:29 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: