Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:29:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean  (Read 35523 times)
Mark of Australia

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2007, 02:46:55 am »

Hi Dhill ,

This is some of the best posting about Atlantis I have ever seen. Especially since it's about 'scientific' evidence for Atlantis in the ATLANTIC.

I want to use this thread to comment on the 'Original Atlantis in the Atlantic' thread from AR.

In keeping with the theme of a large island in the Atlantic as suggested by the O'briens. I quote Desiree from the 'original' thread:

"The problem with this rationale, Jamie, is that you act that, just because something hasn't been found in the Atlantic yet, you act like it will never be found. Well, we don't know that. There are several different possibilities for Atlantis in the Atlantic as I listed above. One of the main criteria about Atlantis is that it "sunk," so obviously it's not still above water. If we look at this scientifically, it's pretty clear that a huge land mass can't sink, so we have to be looking for something smaller, an island or city perhaps and that's what sunk. There are many candidates in the Atlantic. "   Reply 455 http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,5655.450.html

I take issue with this comment because it does appear to contradict itself or be hypocritical..  Firstly Desiree basically says that you can't say Atlantis doesn't exist in the Atlantic just because it hasn't been found there yet.  I agree with that ,but then she says that a huge landmass can't sink.  Why can't a huge landmass sink ?  Just because we haven't found out it happens yet ??

I suggest that large landmasses can sink ,landmasses about the size of O'Briens Azorean-Atlantis.

I know that Desiree's response was to Jaime's theory that Atlantis is within the Mediterranean. So, while Desiree seriously considers an Atlantic Atlantis ,I feel that she is unnecessarily limiting herself to an Atlantis that doesn't match Plato's account ,since Plato spoke of a large island.

I wanna take this moment to say that Desiree is one of the best at this forum. Smiley

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:07:23 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: