Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:58:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean  (Read 35434 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:26 pm »

George Erikson

posted 02-12-2005 10:40 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boreas, Ulf
I just posted this message to another AR thread. But it belongs here as well. Navigators seemed to have carried the spiral symbol of eternity with them everywhere, including the place that I believe to be the logical link between the Atlantic and the Pacific:

I have encountered spirals of the nature described on Ometepe Island in Lake Nicaragua. (See p. 365 of Atlantis In America: Navigators of the Ancient World). The referenced petroglyph is carved in a large stone about half-way up the slope of the southern of the two large volcanos that form Ometepe Island. On this volcano there have been many "Atlantean" figures excavated (p.363) and the curator of the Ometepe Museum has told me that the statues were found under the ground at a stratigraphic level corresponding to 12,000 YBP.
Lake Nicaragua is an interesting link between the Caribbean and the Pacific. The navigable San Juan river connects it to the Atlantic side while only 12 miles of plain and a few low hills separate it from the Pacific. This site would have been the "Panama Canal" if the Nicaraguans would have consented. The did not at that time, nor would they later consent to a joint exploration with Ivar Zapp and myself.
If Plato's "Island-Continent" with a navigational center has any veracity this would be the leading contender. Ometepe Island is situated at the center of a vast continent (the Americas) yet resembles an island in that a navigator would pass from the Caribbean-Atlantic to a very different body of water, the Pacific, in a very short portage. The height and separation of the waves reaching shore from the Pacific is what sets it apart from all other bodies of water- a feature navigators would not miss. It is what Plato described as "true Ocean". Interestingly, Lake Nicaragua is the home of the only large (12-foot) freshwater sharks, freshwater Marlin, and over 100 other species of sea-life normally only found in the oceans. www.AtlantisInAmerica.com

[This message has been edited by George Erikson (edited 02-13-2005).]

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: