Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:50:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Our Own Forum..?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Own Forum..?  (Read 1967 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:37:46 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-22-2007 02:17 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for everyone's suggestions, and for the offer of help, Orion. I have created our new internet forum and, once some friends and I get it going more, I shall give everyone it's website address. See it as you wish, a supplement to this one, or a replacement for this one.

I will answer my earlier questions:

The forum was free, fairly easy to create, and, though there will be adminisrators (myself being one, of course), it will endeavor to be free of undo censorship.

It has unlimited bandwidth, the ability to post pictures in all forums, avatars, signatures, private messaging, everything this one has and more. I used this one as a template, cut out everything I didn't like, left in everything I did.

I have already invited several old friends to help with it's creation, intend to invite many more. Once you go there, you might find some old friends of your own waiting.

It has a section devoted to Oak Island and the Da Vinc Code. It even has an arcade to play games.

Well, that is all for now. I will keep everyone posted of further developments and more information as it comes.

Cheers,

Dawn

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:38:23 pm »

Orion von Koch

Member # 2038

posted 01-22-2007 07:47 AM                   
I would like to have my own graphics section somewhere to express my new movie/s (storyboards) and other visual ideas in a forum atmosphere...will you have such? Also, I have about 2,000 former students who are all over the net doing movies, graphics, video games and various RPGs plus there are thousands of artists who have great ideas for various things...will you allow them to post???

[ 01-22-2007, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Orion von Koch ]
Posts: 5016 | From: Deep, Deep West Texas | Registered: Jun 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:39:10 pm »

Wanderer

Member # 3286

Member Rated:
   posted 01-22-2007 10:11 AM                   
I don't see "arguements" as a viably acceptable feature for mature adults discussing subjects that are often conjecture, opinion amd theory. For me everyone should express their ideas and they be received and responded to with respect by normal people perusing a forum.

Much of what folks post here gives cause for thought and reflection. Too often on other sites it's the bashing of others that rules the day.

Moderators dictate how a forum will proceed. If they discourage smart alecs great. If they besmirch members' views it's not.

I don't enjoy the allowing of a member to post things like "You must be stupid if you believe that." Censorship is not busting down smart mouth people violating the rules of a forum. I'm real tired of physically or mentally juvenille sarcasm and baiting of others on forums.

Orion I saw responses to your posts on Unexplained Mysteries by immature quaks full of glib, smirking verbiage.

Like the topic on "were the pyramids made of cement?" here. Sure one could respond with, "you idiot, you must be a retard to believe that!" Or as most people have, " no I disagree and here's why..."

I'll support any site that covers topic of interest to me but with moderation concerned with respect amongst the posters.
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 03:40:03 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 01-22-2007 10:18 AM                   

quote:
I don't enjoy the allowing of a member to post things like "You must be stupid if you believe that." Censorship is not busting down smart mouth people violating the rules of a forum. I'm real tired of physically or mentally juvenille sarcasm and baiting of others on forums.

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 03:40:34 pm »

Epsilon

Member # 3271

Rate Member   posted 01-24-2007 10:01 AM                   
I have been googling names looking for your new forum because I want to organize a raid on it attacking on all fronts with multiple personalities.

Yeah, you guys might have "Jennifer O'Dell". But my raiding party is going to have "Jennifer Biels" and "Jessica Alba" thrown in to boot. Maybe even "Naomi Watts" but she's been looking kinda ugly lately.

If you guys got any guts, reveal your forum web address and give me your worst, you cowards.

Epsilon Gooderich
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 03:41:25 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 01-24-2007 10:40 AM                   
lol Epsi

--------------------
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 03:41:52 pm »

Epsilon

Member # 3271

Rate Member   posted 01-24-2007 11:29 AM                   
Join me, Sophie, in attacking these rebels and heretics in their pathetic new forum.

We'll show these young upstarts which is the better forum.

Who else is with me? Big? Orion?

Grab your torches and pitchforks!

Epsilon Gooderich

[ 01-24-2007, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Epsilon ]
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:14 pm »

Orion von Koch

Member # 2038

posted 01-24-2007 11:34 AM                   
I do not believe in doing unto those who hate me, what they would do to me. I believe we should all compete in the arena of ideas and we all grow via equal presentations. Unless someone declares war on me, I will leave them alone. I will stand for what I believe...but I do not hold with what you seem to compute as war.
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »

Epsilon

Member # 3271

Rate Member   posted 01-24-2007 12:03 PM                   
Noble thoughts Orion, but it is them who have decalred war on us.

I've seen all the viscious unsubstantiated attacks they have made on you. Of all of us, you have borne the brunt of the attack. And you hae borne it well.

But enough is enough. I say it is time the grizzled old war horse saddles up and show them what a Texas square dance is REALLY all about!

Epsilon Gooderich
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:07 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 01-24-2007 12:10 PM                   
Grab your torches and pitchforks!lol again.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:51 pm »

Orion von Koch

Member # 2038

posted 01-24-2007 12:21 PM                   
I am about to die laughing...If there were not so much cactus around me I would be rolling all over this place.

It would all stop if a comet were to appear in the sky and threaten our collective lives...much ado about nothing.

Who are we to think we are so damn important. Heck, I have everything I need...This Big Sky is enough for me. I have fought long and for what??? No one listens to me anyway...and I have the secret to our existence.
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:15 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 01-24-2007 01:21 PM                   
Who are we to think we are so damn important

My feelings exactly

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:41 pm »

Epsilon

Member # 3271

Rate Member   posted 01-24-2007 01:33 PM                   
Nonsense.

You ARE important. You two, along with Big, and espceially myself, ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF ATLANTIS RISING.

Face it good people, without us, this forum DIES!

It is time we unite, as brothers and sisters and DEFEND WHAT IS OURS!

To the ramparts, rush, rush and do not go out unto that good night without screaming your name saying, "I AM HERE DAMN IT, REMEMBER ME!" for what you say shall echo in the Universe forever as the sound waves penetrate the flimsy bonds of earth and travel through eternity bearing your name for anyone who is prepared to listen.

Comets be damned, join me as we savor the sting of BATTLE. Join me in VICTORY!

Epsilon Gooderich
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 03:45:15 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 01-24-2007 01:49 PM                   
there are millions of other forums,

I actually feel better when I don't post

[ 01-24-2007, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: SOPHIA-777 ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 03:45:37 pm »

Epsilon

Member # 3271

Rate Member   posted 01-24-2007 02:09 PM                   
Nay good Sophie,

You will feel better when you see their forum as a smoking wreck!

As did I during my attacks on Hancock's forum and this one. But now, I have made friends among you, my former enemies, and I like the Viking raiders of Normandy, have assimilated into your culture here.

It is, therefore, time to make new enemies and make new conquests like the the Normans in 1066 at Hastings.

Epsilon Gooderich
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: