Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 04:38:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Russians' Findings

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Russians' Findings  (Read 11152 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 06:06:58 am »

More from the Russians, still kind of old:

A T L A N T I S   W I L L   B E   F O U N D

5/26/2003

Russian researchers have held the Second Congress of Explorers in Moscow.

Has legenday Atlantis ever existed?  Russian explorers and researchers have recently held a meeting in Moscow in order to discuss the material about the
legendary continent and share their opinions with each other.  Alexander Veronin,
director of the Russian Association for studying Atlantis' problems, stated at the meeting, that Atlantis would be found.  Alexander Veronin added that various findings in different parts of the planet proved the certainty of finding the Lost
Continent.

Remains of the "big land" have been found in the water area of the Brazilian island of Sao Paulo; a royal temple of thousands of years old has been found in the sea.
Voronin believes that such findings in different parts of the planed testify to the existence of a "central kindom and numerous islands, on which ten Atlas brothers
lived".

Partecipants oof the meeting stated that there had been a lot of evidence collected to prove the existence of Atlantis.  Researchers believe that one has to continue the quest, looking for other discoveries.  As far as the significance of the lost continent existence, is concerned, Alexander Gorodnisky, a member of the Russian
Academy of science, said that the discovery of Atlantis might change the concept of nature and life devolopment on Earth.  Gorodnisky believes the proved existence of supreme civilizations in the past will make the up-to-date Darwinist society recon-
sider its view.  Alexander Gorodnisky  has been on several expeditions to the places
where Atlantis allegedly existed.  He still hopes to organize a target mission in order
to study the problem in detail.  "I am sure that this issue is extremely complicated and important, so one has to deal with it seriously, on a serious scientific level",
Gorodnisky was quoted as saying.

Read the original in Russian:

http://science.pravda.ru/science/2003/6/18/10696_atlantida.html

(TRANSLATED BY: Dmitry Sudakov - PRAVDA.RU)

www.wintersteel.homestead.com/Atlantis.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:20:56 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 06:16:46 am »

dhill:

You article in post #20 of this thread follows this at:

www.wintersteel.homestead.com/Atlantis.html

Mine is dated 5/26/2003, yours 07/09/2003.  Both are almost four years old and
there is no update.

I guess funding is a problem all over the world!!!

Love and Peace,
Bianca

I suppose Professor Gorodnosky couldn't come up with the needed $200,000.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 06:56:15 am »

Still, one wonders why the accidental findings of the ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY
in 1974 are not mentioned.

Here is what Murray Hope says about it in her book:"Atlantis, Myth or Reality":

T H E   A C A D E M I C I A N   P E T R O V S K Y   P H O T O G R A P H S

I was first informed of the Soviet expedition by the late Egerton Sykes, with whom I frequently corresponded.  He used to run two small magazines, called URANUS and
ATLANTIS, in which he regularly reported his ongoing correspondence with Professor
Nicolai Zhirov, whose book ATLANTIS (1964) dealt with the historical and geological
material available on the subject, with special attention to its Atlantic location: and
V. Bryusov, who favours the 'single source' theory regarding the beginning of civili-
zation (Atlantis).

The Soviet deep-sea expedition that took place early in 1974 was carried out by the ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY, a Soviet research ship engaged in photographing the sea floor in the region of the Horseshoe Archipelago.

This is a U-shaped group of underwater mountains some 300 miles (483 kilometers)
west of Gibraltar in the same area that Captain Robson's island had appeared and
disappeared with equal rapidity.(See Charles Berlitz "Atlantis, the Eighth Continent)
Berlitz quotes from "The Atlantic Floor" by Heezen, Thorpe and Young:

"Some of them, such as the underwater mountains Ampere and Josephine, rise to a depth of less than 100 fathoms...Photographs taken of the surface of these mountains show cliffs, traces of ripples and isolated living corals.  The underwater mountains of the northern half of the Horseshoe, which have not yet been properly studied, stretch from west to east.  The southern half of the group apparently resembes volcanic cones, while for the northern half tectonic changes played an important role."

In the past expeditions to this area, notably from the Lamont Geological Observato-
ry, had proven unsuccessful, while Dr. Maurice Ewing was heard to complain that after spending thirteen years studying the mid-Atlantic Ridge, he found no traces of
sunken cities.

It should be noted at this point that the crew of the PETROVSKY were not searching
for remnants of Atlantis, nor had they any plans for doing so, although it would seem that they produced the first photographs ever taken of the legenday island
continent.

At first, they were unaware that some of the many photographs they took revealed
archaeological relics.  The aim and results of the expedition were summarized by M.
Barinov and appeared in the Soviet publication "Zananie-Sila" #8, in 1979, at the time when details of the discovery also found their way into the world press. 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:56:39 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 07:24:13 am »

THE ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY PHOTOGRAPHS                                                        continued

When the photographs taken by the ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY were developed, the
Ampere Seamount, which extends from a depth os 10,000 (3,048 metres) to within
20 feet (6 metres) of the surface, proved to be full of surprises.  Photographer Mara-
kuyev commented:

"While still on the expedition, when I had developed the photographs and made the first prints, I realized that I never had seen anything like this before.  The Insti-
tute of Oceanography of the USSR has a huge archive of underwater photographs
that have been taken on countless expeditions over many years in all parts of the world's oceans.  We also have copies of many thousands of photographs taken by our American colleagues.  Nowhere have I seen anything so close to traces of the life and activity of man in places which could once have been dry land"

But what did these amazing revelations consist of?  Although the "Znanie-Sila"
saw fit to release some information, I am sceptical whether this constitutes the entire find, as the Russians do have a tendency to keep certain facts to themselves.
However, here is the information they did decide to share with us:

"On the first photograph we can see this wall on the left side of the photograph. 
Stone blocks on the upper edge of the mass are clearly visible....Taking into account
the foreshortening of the photograph and the height of the wall, it is curious to examine more closely the strip of vertical masonry.  Although the lens was pointing almost vertically downwards, areas of masonry can be seen quite clearly.  One can count five such areas,and if one takes into account the deformation of scale caused by the nearness of the lens to the object,one may suggest that the masonry blocks
of the wall is about 75 centimeters [29.5 inches].  The masonry blocks are clearly visible on both sides of the wall.  Seaweed is visible on all the photographs, thick, reddish brown in color....

"The third photograph is from another series taken at the summit of Ampere Sea-
mount.  An area over which lava has flowed can be seen on it and it appears to de-
scend by three steps.  If one counts the upper and barely visible lower edges....in all we can see five steps.  They are broken down, of course, and overgrown with
glass-like sponges."

Copies of the photographs are reproduced in Berlitz's book ATLANTIS, the Eighth
Continent", for those who want to study them.  In my opinion the reproductions are too indistinct for the layperson to make much of, although, no doubt, the originals, if
studied with appropriate instruments, are highly informative. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:55:00 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 07:52:50 am »

THE ACADEMICIAN PRETROVSKY PHOTOGRAPHS                                       continued

FROM

ATLANTIS
Myth or Reality

Murry Hope

The fact that such a recognized authority as Dr. Maurice Ewing has failed to find any evidence of a sunken civilization in the Atlantic, whereas the Soviet ship, purportedly
on a scientific mission, in no way concerned with the Atlantis  project, should come upon such exciting evidence as though by accident, has always proved a thorn in the
side of both sceptics and believers.

There is an answer, however,which has been supplied to us by Parapsychology.It is called the "Experiment Effect", which maintains that the experimenter or researcher who believes in something is more likely to find evidence to support that belief than
the skeptic, whose searches are orientated towards disproving the proposition or theory in question.  In other words, the human mind erects its own barriers, albeit subconsciously, and stays well within their area of reference.  This, in turn, sets up a quality of PK (Psychokinetic Energy) that automatically blocks people from finding evidence to prove what they do not believe in, either by veering them in the wrong direction, or causing their experiments to produce the answers THEY WANT.  Likewise with people who believe a particular theory to be true, whose PK will tend to point them in the direction of the evidence for which they are seeking.  Einstein probably observed this principle in action, during his many years as a physicist, which, no doubt, prompted his famous comment that I quoted earlier in this chapter:

Einstein was once asked "How are discoveries made?", to which he replied:

"WHEN ALL THE SCIENTISTS PRESENT HAVE AGREED THAT SOMETHING IS IMPOSSI-
BLE, ONE ARRIVES LATE FOR THEIR MEETING AND SOLVES THE IMPOSSIBLE."

The inference is that the majority of people, and that includes scientists, are conditioned [I prefer the term "programmed"] by the collective, and it takes a brave
man or woman to break from that group-thinking or, as Jung would say, individuate.

Another famous saying of Einstein's was IMAGINATION IS GREATER THAN KNOWLEDGE", which brings us back full circle to Atlantis.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:30:52 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Mark of Australia

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »

That book by Zhirov, http://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Atlantology-Problems-N-Zhirov/dp/0898755913

I wonder if anyone knows where I could get it online using PayPal. Amazon.com doesn't use PayPal unfortunately.

I noticed dhills review on Amazon  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:58:17 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Rebecca
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 10:27:43 pm »

Here you are, Mark. This website has the book in stock and also uses Paypal:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=30843895&SearchEngine=ya&SearchTerm=30843895&Type=PI&Category=Books&dcaid=17194

There is also a 10% discount if this is the first order you placed there.  Enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 03:40:24 pm »

Thank you Rebecca , but unfortunately that site seems to only ship within America or Canada.

You had my hopes up for a second ,got all excited  ,lol Cheesy

That's the only down side to living in Australia ....'It's the ass end of the world'.  Our own Prime Minister once said that !!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Majeston

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 04:13:19 pm »

Welcome to Whoop Whoop huh Mark?
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Mark of Australia

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 05:04:18 pm »

Yeah Maj,   Grin especially here in Perth ,but it's getting better
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:46 pm »

I have finally managed to order that book by Zhirov that Dhill so recommends .I can't wait for it to arrive .
Report Spam   Logged
Rebecca
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 10:41:22 pm »

I was about to suggest Ebay as they take Paypal and accept orders from all over the world, but it was not in stock, last I checked.

Where did you find it at? 

I wouldn't be so sure about the science in there.  I see the book is thrity years old and the science is probably outdated. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rebecca
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 10:46:48 pm »

Zhirov was a chemist by trade and a leading Soviet Atlantologist. The book was written between 1959-63. New data was added for this English edition. Seismics, gravimetrics, climatology, paleobotanical data, geomorphology, plate tectonics, turbidity data, bottom current patterns, submarine erosion and geological data separate this book from most of the rest of the Atlantology field. Cites 825 separate sources in 34 pages of references - Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, German, English, Latin...

Make that nearly fifty years old.  I don't think the science in it will be very up to date. The book says that new data was added, when did Zhirov die anyway?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 01:36:59 am »

I just checked the site  I got it from ,Fishpond.com.nz  ...!! NZ !!   omg  New Zealand actually do make a contribution to the world in some way .  Tongue  Tongue  We just beat them in the Cricket ,they are ok   Grin  Tongue      http://www.fishpond.co.nz/

Yeah you are right Rebecca ,I will be wary of the science in there ,but frankly I will savour every word if he is actually trying to be scientific. You know what the subject of Atlantis is like I assume- Not known for being very scientific. So I'll take what I can get.

Scientific works that argue for a real Atlantis are as rare as hens teeth.

I should be able to salvage something from it. Pardon the pun.

Oh ,and the damn thing cost me $70  !!! Shocked
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:39:39 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 07:23:47 pm »

MORE ON THE RUSSIANS FROM:

Mysteries of Atlantis,
By Edgar Evans Cayce
(E.C.'s Son)

"...........In the late 1970s, the Soviets announced that they had found
the ruins of Atlantis.  According to an article by Oleg Sulin in SOVIET
LIFE in September 1980, the Soviet research vessel MOSKOVSKY UNI-
VERSITET took underwater photographs on the Ampere seamount of
what appeared to be giant staircases.

Interpretations of the photographs varied from Atlantean ruins to natural
formations.  A year later, Dr. Andrei Aksyonov, deputy director of the
Shirsov Institute of Oceanography, announced to the press (in an Asso-
ciate Press story in the VIRGINIAN-PILOT on Friday, June 26th, 1981) that
more recent photographs were now believed to be of natural formations,
and that the search for Atlantis in this area had been discontinued.

Considering the catastrophic destruction of Atlantis, it may be too much
to hope for recognizable buildings in this volcanically active area.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: