Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:27:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Russians' Findings

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Russians' Findings  (Read 11247 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 07:24:13 am »

THE ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY PHOTOGRAPHS                                                        continued

When the photographs taken by the ACADEMICIAN PETROVSKY were developed, the
Ampere Seamount, which extends from a depth os 10,000 (3,048 metres) to within
20 feet (6 metres) of the surface, proved to be full of surprises.  Photographer Mara-
kuyev commented:

"While still on the expedition, when I had developed the photographs and made the first prints, I realized that I never had seen anything like this before.  The Insti-
tute of Oceanography of the USSR has a huge archive of underwater photographs
that have been taken on countless expeditions over many years in all parts of the world's oceans.  We also have copies of many thousands of photographs taken by our American colleagues.  Nowhere have I seen anything so close to traces of the life and activity of man in places which could once have been dry land"

But what did these amazing revelations consist of?  Although the "Znanie-Sila"
saw fit to release some information, I am sceptical whether this constitutes the entire find, as the Russians do have a tendency to keep certain facts to themselves.
However, here is the information they did decide to share with us:

"On the first photograph we can see this wall on the left side of the photograph. 
Stone blocks on the upper edge of the mass are clearly visible....Taking into account
the foreshortening of the photograph and the height of the wall, it is curious to examine more closely the strip of vertical masonry.  Although the lens was pointing almost vertically downwards, areas of masonry can be seen quite clearly.  One can count five such areas,and if one takes into account the deformation of scale caused by the nearness of the lens to the object,one may suggest that the masonry blocks
of the wall is about 75 centimeters [29.5 inches].  The masonry blocks are clearly visible on both sides of the wall.  Seaweed is visible on all the photographs, thick, reddish brown in color....

"The third photograph is from another series taken at the summit of Ampere Sea-
mount.  An area over which lava has flowed can be seen on it and it appears to de-
scend by three steps.  If one counts the upper and barely visible lower edges....in all we can see five steps.  They are broken down, of course, and overgrown with
glass-like sponges."

Copies of the photographs are reproduced in Berlitz's book ATLANTIS, the Eighth
Continent", for those who want to study them.  In my opinion the reproductions are too indistinct for the layperson to make much of, although, no doubt, the originals, if
studied with appropriate instruments, are highly informative. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:55:00 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: