Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:01:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dreams of Atlantis

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams of Atlantis  (Read 7474 times)
Lawrence Fragg

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

The Atlanteans had a very orderly society where they venerated the rich, made things difficult for the poor and made their middle class pay for everything. That is as it should be. Their greatest leaders were two men, one named Rea-gun, the other one being Bushe, the last of which's bloodlines were of great renown. They had a splendid military and at one time invaded not just the Mediterranean, but the Levant and Mesopotamia, where they waged war, seeking the area's rich natural resources (namely oil). They conquered all said places, liberating them from the banality of their daily lives, but the selfish populaces then revolted against this benevolent rule. All was darkness when the Atlantean leader, Obomber took the helm, made things easy for the terrorists. Luckily his successor, the Donald, managed to put things right once again, and Atlantis once again became a place where the wealthy would be appreciated and admired once again.
Report Spam   Logged
Rennes-le-Château
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »

Well, look what came through the woodwork, my old friend, a worm, and caring being. Oh, excuse me, I meant "warm." Surely one of Atlantis' better citizens, and always seeming to be looking out for his fellow citizens; so gracious and unselfish of you. I had a feeling to expect you here, although I though you had departed these here neck of the woods, not having noticed, on this site, any wiggling from any of your worthless heads.

GOOBER ALERT
Once again, Hermaphodite uses insults to cover up his lack of knowledge and abundant hot air. Dude (if you are still a dude),I am sorry that the hormone replacement therapy and new surgically created genitalia isn't working right for you, but them's the risks, little buddy, and you knew that when you went under the knife. Now, get along, my transvestite friend, I am sure there is a good tranny board that would love to have you.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Fran

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »

By golly, Lawrence, that Atlantis sure sounds like it was a nice place to live in!  Sure wish I could have been there.
Report Spam   Logged
Edith

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 06:52:58 pm »

Lawrence, please tell us more about your visions of Atlantis, it sounds like it was a  good God-fearing place. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 12:45:29 pm »

By golly Lawarence Fragg. Better hold on to your r or Rennes the worm will make you to be a Fagg too! But I do like your humor. You don't know just how close you are to the truth, except that if Donald the duck quacks his way into the royal city of Atlantis the calamity is sure to come sooner than later.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 01:02:23 pm »

To all that want to participate, whether seriously or in jest, I welcome you. As they say, any news is not good news, but only the good. After all, we are all here for fun, right? It's good news to just hear a voice on this thread; I had thought this thread was a call to the dead. Reincarnation has resurrected the souls of those, long ago, citizens of Atlantis. Edgar Cayce did say that we, old souls and citizens of Atlantis, are all reincarnating in the USA.

Is there any one here that has, seriously, put forth a theory of their own? I hope that none of you are just another head of the hydra that stalks me on this site. Only the initiated in the old mysteries should participate here.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »

How you, O Atlantis seekers, have been affected by my accusers, I cannot tell; but I know that they almost made me forget who I was—so persuasively did they speak; and yet they have hardly uttered a word of truth. But of the many falsehoods told by them, there was one which quite amazed me;—I mean when they said that you should be upon your guard and not allow yourselves to be deceived by me, since they say I want to discredit the truth about Atlantis and I'm a devout Christian, too. To say this, when they were certain to be detected as soon as I opened my lips and proved myself to be anything but a great lover of the truth of it, did indeed appear to me most shameless—unless by the uniqueness and strangeness of my proof about Atlantis, they believe that I'm only jesting and jeering those that believe in Atlantis; for if such is their meaning, I admit that my account appears to be such as they believe it not. But it's not as they say. It's only that my Atlantis story and the beauty of it is very much different from all other accounts, and is a perfect reflection of Plato's own. But in how different a way from theirs? Well, as I was saying, they have scarcely spoken the truth at all; but from me you shall hear the whole truth: not, however, delivered after their manner in a set oration duly ornamented with times, places, shapes, words and phrases of which Plato never mentioned. No, by heaven! but I shall use the words and arguments which occur to me at the moment; for I am confident in the justice of my cause: at my time of life I ought not to be appearing before you, O men and ladies of Atlantis, in the character of a juvenile jester—let no one expect it of me. And I must beg of you to grant me a favour:—If I defend myself in my accustomed manner, and you hear me using the words which I have been in the habit of using in that life, I would ask you not to be surprised, and not to interrupt me on this account. For I am older than I can imagine, and appearing now for the first time to be remebering that past life of long ago. But only vaugly, as through a glass darkly. Am I making an unfair request of you? Never mind the manner, which may or may not be good; but think only of the truth of my words, and give heed to that: let the speaker speak truly and the judge decide justly.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Plato placed Atlantis in his distant past. But nothing can be further from the truth. It was only to disquise the prophecy for the future. This would become evident as the future history unfolded. This unfolding was carefully told us in the Critias diologue itself.

"The progress of the history will unfold the various nations of barbarians and families of Hellenes which then existed, as they successively appear on the scene."

One has only to use this key; the key to the future, and not the past. Atlantis never sank in the past, although it may actually do that in the very near future. And that my friends is the truth as to why no one has found any ruins or other archeaological evidence of any kind, indicating that such advanced civilizations could have existed. And not only of  Atlantis, but nothing can be found for those others to have existed at the same time, too. By coexisting I mean the ones that Atlantis held sway over, the ones that Atlantis exchanged diplomatic and commercial activity with, and the ones that she went to war with. For the same reason, geology and modern day oceanography cannot account for the disappearance of such a vast land mass; one bigger than Asia and Lybia put together.

Well, then, I must make the truth obvious to you too, as it is to me, and endeavour to clear away, in a short time, a slander which has lasted a long time; 2,500 years long. May I succeed, if to succeed be for my good and yours, or likely to avail me in my cause! The task is not an easy one; I quite understand the nature of it. And so leaving the event with God, in obedience to the law I will now make her defence.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 01:45:08 pm »

What has been the scope of having searched for Atlantis, to find all that gold, silver, and orichalchum? I think not, for the majority. But let me tell you, those that have an inkling to know, what it would really mean to find Atlantis. Simply that Plato spoke truly. But truly about what, just the tale of Atlantis? To that the answer is, NO! Plato told us true about everything; God, gods, the creation of the physical universe, the soul's immortality, reincarnation, human nature, justice, law and order, etc. But most of all, Plato tells us how to get our soul out of these "hellish" cycles of being imprisoned in a physical body. The great battle between Socrates' Republic and the becoming-evil Atlantean empire has yet to be fought, as Atlantis in not yet evil enough, but soon. And to understand Cayce's "coded" messages about reincarnation and Atlantis, as relating to Plato's own "coded" messages, one has to embrace and understand the symbols within the symbols used by both men. And prophecy is at the heart of the matter.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 01:57:08 pm »

Is there anything that anyone may have overlooked in finding Atlantis? From of old we have searched far and wide, high and low, in and out, and even gone in outer-space to find our elusive Atlantis. The new fad of "past-life regression therapy" is now taking a crack at it, too. And we are being told by a "highly creditable" psychiatrist who does some innovative hypnotic regression that her hypnotized patients had some very detailed and disturbing accounts of Atlantis from recalling their past lives. Wow, what amazing good luck for those of us searching. Only if we can now request the hypnotists to suggest to their patients to be more creative and give us more details as to where, when, and how it all went down, as it was told by Plato, and not by Madame Blavatsky and Cayce. Surely those that claim to have been there, on Atlantis, in a previous life, ought to be able to solve the riddle for us! But what about the present day dreamers, and visionaries? How is it that they only dream and see mere topical generalities, but no specifics? Where do their dreams and visions come from? And why are they incomplete as to the whole? And therefore the search goes on, and on and on....because we are addicted to love, the love for finding Atlantis.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 02:16:35 pm »

Although I sound as if I find fault with Edgar Cayce, and his readings on reincarnation associated with Atlantis, or with the people that have "true" feelings and dreams about having existed on Atlantis, I'm not, really! And this will become evident later. Anyway, many that know a little on the subject of prophecy will understand that a prophecy of a future event is not understood at the time of the prophecy, but only when the future time nears. I think that most will also know that a prophecy can be one that has no warning about it, and will tell of something that will happen for sure. However, they should also know about the prophecy that comes with a warning. And although this prophecy seems to have a full description of unfolding events as though they actually happen, it is only meant to show just what can happen. This type will or will not happen for certain, as it will depend on the actions taken in reference to the warning. Well, that prophecy is at the center in Cayce's work is all too evident, and needs no one to make a case for it, obviously. But for Plato it's something very different, indeed. To keep this in perspective, one has to understand that it is for Plato's sake and in full support of Plato's work that we have Cayce's own work.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »

Socrates' God.

To begin to understand Atlantis, it's not enough to consider only what the two founding "gods," Athena and Poseidon represent, but one has to also consider the god Apollo and the Muses. But above all, one has to consider and associate with tale the Timaeus' main theme, which is all about the origin of the physical universe and the ultimate Good; The One and only God, Father/Creator of everything. This everything will include the creation, symbolically, of all the Greek "mythological" gods themselves.

As anyone who is familiar with Plato's work will know that Athena is the founding godess of the Athenians of that day, and Poseidon is the founding god of their enemies who fought with them, the kings of Atlantis. I have already, in other posts on this site, given a short explanation, mainly as it relates to Athena's own birth, and the "seemgly" logical contradiction of the date given by the priests for the founding date of Athens, with the same date given as to when the war with Atlantis occured; both being 9,000 years before the date of the conversation between Solon and the priests of Sais. And also how Athena figures for the way the "winning" Athenian military was demised and disappeared. There also, I gave a short account on a parallel basis as to Poseidon's representation as to the nature of the specific events that "sunk" Atlantis.

On this topic thread here, I have, previously, posted another reason why Poseidon was used to represent the father and founder of the Atlantis race, although the very lands of Atlantis, before they were known as Atlantis, already existed and were already populated by one of the races of the "earthborn" men.

Besides knowing Plato's work well, before anyone can sniff out the trail that leads to the truth about Atlantis, one has to study Greek mythology well. Note that in Greek Mythology before Plato's time, there are no accounts whatsoever about Atlantis. This is very significant, because, although we have tons of mythical tales and accounts about Poseidon, his love affairs, and the children he fathered, yet, where is Cleito and her 5 set of twins sired by Poseidon? Nowhere to be found! Also we need to consider what Herodotus wrote about the Egyptians and their gods, and especially about the Sais priests. Their sacred writings, whether on stone or papyrus, never once mention the deity Poseidon. And as far as Atlantis goes, in the scheme of the Egyptians' quest to trace back history of man, to determine if the Egyptians themselves may have been the eldest race, as Herodutus himself tells us about this quest, he is as totally ignorant as the Egyptians are about Atlantis. Not one word about what the Sais priests, supposedly, told Solon.

One who was very innomured with the tale of Atlantis, and who wrote, extensively, about it, trying to depict his own envisioned idea of some type of Atlantis being a true account, although not at all as it meets with Plato's account, showed his lack of insight and expertise in the matter, although once having been held to be a real expert on Atlantis. This man, Lewis Spence, who also wrote The History of Atlantis, besides, also claimed to be quite an expert in folklore and mythology. Yet, he never considered the total absence of mythological and local folklore accounts for the two main adversaries, Atlantis, and ancient Athens, and the epic war to have occured between them and their allies. Wow, we have all kinds of mythological accounts of gods being involved with the outcome of the Trojan war, as Homer tells it, and yet nothing of a war to have been so much more prominent and on a much grander scale. On the scale that the Trojan war was just a local scrimage, as compared with the "world war" between the vast Atlantean empire and all the nations of Europe, "Libya" and the Asian countries bordering on the Mediterranean sea. No matter how busy Solon may have been on returning to Greece after being told the tale by the Egyptian priests, he would have put all aside, to share with as many as possible, such an historic and fantastic account of his historical Athens. In fact, he would have already written down the whole, in draft at least, while sailing back to Greece from Egypt, and then shared with all his friends, peers, and countrymen. In the long interval between Solon's time and Plato's time, there would have arisen thousands of versions and stories about Atlantis, both mythically and historically. None of that happened, though. Why? Your daily food for thought!

To those that dream of getting out of this place, Plato's/Socrates' cave, dream on, as it's not by chance.

But enough for now!

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 06:03:31 pm »

If they are real, and their posts are not just meant in jest, to entice similar retaliatory remarks on their unique and "colored" posts, what are Fran and Edith doing on Atlantis Online? Is it any wonder that Atlantis is sinking? They probably think that Plato is that "silly putty" they gave their kids to play with. They sound identical in their very limited capabilities to comprehend democracy as being a type of government that, ideally, is to distribute equal rights to all its citizens. But if one really understands Plato/Socrates, they would know why little old ladies like them, with voting rights, makes democracy the worst government, with the exception of only tyranny, as we are told in the Republic. How true, how true. But if they stick around this cave of ours long enough, they will have the privilege and honor to live under a dictatorship, as they desire. Because the best breeding ground for tyranny is a democracy; decked out in bells and whistles.

Yes, he said, I am quite aware that this is their way of talking.
And, as in a body which is diseased the addition of a touch from without may bring on illness, and sometimes even when there is no external provocation a commotion may arise within-in the same way wherever there is weakness in the State there is also likely to be illness, of which the occasions may be very slight, the one party introducing from without their oligarchical, the other their democratical allies, and then the State falls sick, and is at war with herself; and may be at times distracted, even when there is no external cause.

Yes, surely.
And then democracy comes into being after the poor have conquered their opponents, slaughtering some and banishing some, while to the remainder they give an equal share of freedom and power; and this is the form of government in which the magistrates are commonly elected by lot.

Yes, he said, that is the nature of democracy, whether the revolution has been effected by arms, or whether fear has caused the opposite party to withdraw.

And now what is their manner of life, and what sort of a government have they? for as the government is, such will be the man.

Clearly, he said.
In the first place, are they not free; and is not the city full of freedom and frankness --a man may say and do what he likes? 'Tis said so, he replied.
And where freedom is, the individual is clearly able to order for himself his own life as he pleases?

Clearly.
Then in this kind of State there will be the greatest variety of human natures?

There will.
This, then, seems likely to be the fairest of States, being an embroidered robe which is spangled with every sort of flower. And just as women and children think a variety of colours to be of all things most charming, so there are many men to whom this State, which is spangled with the manners and characters of mankind, will appear to be the fairest of States.

Yes.
Yes, my good Sir, and there will be no better in which to look for a government.

Why?
Because of the liberty which reigns there --they have a complete assortment of constitutions; and he who has a mind to establish a State, as we have been doing, must go to a democracy as he would to a bazaar at which they sell them, and pick out the one that suits him; then, when he has made his choice, he may found his State.

He will be sure to have patterns enough.
And there being no necessity, I said, for you to govern in this State, even if you have the capacity, or to be governed, unless you like, or go to war when the rest go to war, or to be at peace when others are at peace, unless you are so disposed --there being no necessity also, because some law forbids you to hold office or be a dicast, that you should not hold office or be a dicast, if you have a fancy --is not this a way of life which for the moment is supremely delightful

For the moment, yes.
And is not their humanity to the condemned in some cases quite charming? Have you not observed how, in a democracy, many persons, although they have been sentenced to death or exile, just stay where they are and walk about the world --the gentleman parades like a hero, and nobody sees or cares?

Yes, he replied, many and many a one.
See too, I said, the forgiving spirit of democracy, and the 'don't care' about trifles, and the disregard which she shows of all the fine principles which we solemnly laid down at the foundation of the city --as when we said that, except in the case of some rarely gifted nature, there never will be a good man who has not from his childhood been used to play amid things of beauty and make of them a joy and a study --how grandly does she trample all these fine notions of ours under her feet, never giving a thought to the pursuits which make a statesman, and promoting to honour any one who professes to be the people's friend.

Yes, she is of a noble spirit.
These and other kindred characteristics are proper to democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.

We know her well.
Consider now, I said, what manner of man the individual is, or rather consider, as in the case of the State, how he comes into being.

Very good, he said.
Is not this the way --he is the son of the miserly and oligarchical father who has trained him in his own habits?

Why yes! All that prejudice, hate, and resentment is passed on from father to son and mother to daughter!

Say then, my friend, in what manner does tyranny arise? --that it has a democratic origin is evident.

Are not our two senior lunatic citizens tyrannical with their wishes?

Clearly.
And does not tyranny spring from democracy in the same manner as democracy from oligarchy --I mean, after a sort?

How?
The good which oligarchy proposed to itself and the means by which it was maintained was excess of wealth --am I not right?

Yes.
And the insatiable desire of wealth and the neglect of all other things for the sake of money-getting was also the ruin of oligarchy?

True.
And democracy has her own good, of which the insatiable desire brings her to dissolution?

What good?
Freedom, I replied; which, as they tell you in a democracy, is the glory of the State --and that therefore in a democracy alone will the freeman of nature deign to dwell.

Yes; the saying is in everybody's mouth.
I was going to observe, that the insatiable desire of this and the neglect of other things introduces the change in democracy, which occasions a demand for tyranny.

How so?
When a democracy which is thirsting for freedom has evil cupbearers presiding over the feast, and has drunk too deeply of the strong wine of freedom, then, unless her rulers are very amenable and give a plentiful draught, she calls them to account and punishes them, and says that they are cursed LIBERALS.

Report Spam   Logged
Mitt Romney

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 11:31:06 pm »

Gosh, what a bunch of swell visions on Atlantis. And I hope that you all vote Republican this year so that America doesn't go the way of those Atlantean gents and sinks beneath the waves.
Report Spam   Logged
Elmer Jessup

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 12:09:53 am »

Larry, your vision of Atlantis sounds like a certain country I know.  Are you sure you're not talking about America?
Report Spam   Logged

"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." - LUKE 5:32
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."- MATTHEW 26:41
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: