Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:11:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dreams of Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams of Atlantis  (Read 7463 times)
Shayla
Superhero Member

« on: March 22, 2007, 01:09:50 pm »

I'm certain that many of you will think I'm flaky, but I have been having dreams about Atlantis and a great flood since childhood, even back before I knew what Atlantis was. They start with me in a giant stone building, and then this massive tidal wave comes washing towards me and I'm just gone, killed by it. In the first dreams, I'm a child, now that I'm an adult, a grown woman some twenty years later, the same thing happens, only more vividly: fear grips the city, somehow I get disconnected from my parents, and then we see the wave, and everyone runs. It hits, and everything is gone, destroyed by the crashing water. I sink beneath the waves, I begin drowning, the water is very dark and cold. There are bodies all around me along with stone debris, statues and blocks fall into the water, on top of us. Then I awaken, sometimes in a cold sweat, it's that realistic.
As I said, I didn't know anything about Atlantis at all when I first began having the dreams, as a kid. When I was twelve, I finally learned of the legend and everything just seemed to fit. In the dreams, the city is even surrounded by the pretty concentric rings of water and land. I don't know if that detail was there when I was a kid, but it's definitely there if I have the dream now.

There are other details about the dream that I remember: the ruler of Atlantis, who seems to be, not Poseidon, but a woman, huge mountains off in the distance, giant statues. I believe that Atlantis not only existed, but I used to live there in another incarnation..?

Does anyone else ever have any dreams about Atlantis? Maybe there's some kind of evidence in the dreams themselves if we put them altogether.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:40:06 pm »

Hi, Shayla;

I have not had dreams, but visions, and I still see them.

Since I have moved to Florida in 1989, there is a whole tribe of people.

So many of them.  They all look travel weary, just like in the paintings

of the Exodus or the Cherokees' Trail of Tears pictures:  clothes torn,

babies and children hanging onto  their parents or in their arms.

Old men and women being helped by the younger ones.

There are so many of them!

They don't speak and I can see them almost at will.  It took me years

to figure out who they were.  I thought they were pre-colombian

natives.  Until the telepathic messages finally got through my thick

skull.

They are not:  They are MY people.  They fled the cataclysm that over-

took what WE call Atlantis.  Once they landed, they kept on walking,

until they could go no more.  The Sea stopped them.  They are MY

"Tribe".  I was left behind because I "had a job to do" and I perished

with our homeland.

Ghosts or an 'imprint' left for me to find? 

Just like your dreams, it is up to us individually to make of these

"occurrences" what we will.

By the way, I live in Florida, on the Gulf of Mexico.  I Knew nothing of

the local natives when I first started seeing this.  Now I know that the

so-called rise off the beach, where they appear, was a "mound",

better known to archaeologists as a "midden".  Just like the rest of

them in this area, this one too has been built on and paved over........

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Shayla
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »

Great post, Bianca! I thought I was the only one who had these kinds of visions.

What ethnicity would you say they were, and did your dreams tell you anything about the destruction like mine did, or where Atlantis was?

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »

No, Shayla, I have no recollections whatsoever, NADA, ZILCH.

I figured out over the years (I am almost 70 years old now), that even though I
I sure there was an Atlantis and I always knew that I was an Atlantean, my
memory is completely erased.

My death there must have been a very traumatic experience and my memory is
totally blocked.

I have a totally unbelievable phobia for machines and electronics, except for
automobiles.  I mean, ridiculous, really.  I bought a new sewing machine years
ago but, by the time six months had passed, I had not touched it. (and I used to
love sewing.)  My daughters would laugh their heads off and tease me merci-
lessly.   Don't even trust me to take a simple photograph, you'll regret it.  Not
to mention the dreaded COMPUTER.......

A total stranger once told me that I was at my station with the crystal when
Atlantis went down.  That seems to be why I have this phobia.  The POWERS
THAT BE must have helped to erase the horror from my conscious memory.

That's about it.  Nothing, just a blank.  Look how many years it took me to figure
out who the "Indians" were.......But when I talk to people like you, I know it's all
true.  There are a lot of people I've met with the same recollections as yours.  I
totally believe them, but I feel totally detached when they talk to me about it.
Does that make any sense?

But there is one thing:  I just instinctively know when something is true or not of
where it was located and how large it was.  I just "know", but I don't remember.

My"Indians" do not look any different than you or I, really. The strange thing is they
are well covered, but their clothes are in rags and they are a MULTITUDE and I
can't really see their faces.  Funny thing is they seem to be coming from the
beach, about 10-12 blocks away and they NEVER cross over to the other side of the
road, where the light is.  They seem to march shoulder-to-shoulder, right across
this wide avenue.  Why don't they ever cross?  Maybe there was water, or a marsh
or alligators, I don't know.  It's all built up now, from that point, all the way to
Clearwater and beyond - I'm in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Oh, this is trivial but, do you like Turquoise - the stone?

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Spell

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:40:03 pm »

http://
OH, I can totally relate to this dream. I have so many visions and dreams. Women of power were of the house of Poseidon in my telepathic communication.

I see myself on a pillar, very tall, with many people around during a time of some chaos. And I am talking with them to help them. Around my neck is a large necklace that is pulsating with crystals of the chakra centers shaped like the sun.

I am not crazy either and have talked with many many people who have similar experiences. It seems that many of the ones I have come into contact with are keepers of the crystals. It must have taken many many people to attend to the crystals.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 09:54:55 am »

Hi, Spell

WELCOME!!!

Yes, there are a lot of us that have dreams and/or recollections.

They all come spilling out when we meet one of our own.

And we all seem to recognize one another.

BTW. I cannot wear crystal.  It gives me terrific headaches.  It must have something to do
with how I died.

Turquoise yes.  I can and do wear tons of it.  And it feels very conforting.

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Spell

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 10:09:42 am »

Have you heard of Larimar? Larimar is the stone of Atlantis and is mined in the Dominican. I wear my jewelry for calming. The most beautiful colors and in some pieces you can see the ocean.

I have met others with similar dreams and more than mine. In one lucid dream, I was taken to a crystal of ( oh, I cannot describe the color effectively) as the colors are so much more than what we know..but a pink rose sort..I was placed on the table in the middle of the ocean, the top of which rolled back as the back of the structure resembled a sea shell..and the feeling I just cannot find words that describe..bliss is all. During this dream, I woke up, walked to the bathroom and back..then fell asleep again while still dreaming. There was a male swimming near me and it seemed as though he was not only monitoring the effects of the crystal but the moon rays on the crystal for the effect. It seems as though I was told the projection must be exact.

Many, many memories. Too, I was told my name then was Ariane.

Spell
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 12:48:39 pm »

I'm certain that many of you will think I'm flaky, but I have been having dreams about Atlantis and a great flood since childhood,...

Hi Shayla,

I don't think you are flaky at all, as I have been approached by dozens of other people who have similar dreams and past life recall.  You probably have a subconscious memory from that time.
The psychic Edgar Cayce said that millions of Atlanteans were reincarnating into modern times --especially in America.
Some of his clients had similar dreams like this one in 1935:

(Q) Why in early childhood did I dream so many times that the world was being destroyed, always seeing a black destructive cloud?

(A) From the experience in the Atlantean land, when there were those destructive forces as indicated. The entity saw or lived through those experiences of at least two, yea three, of the destructive periods; saw the land breaking up, as it were."

This connects back an earlier part of the same reading where Cayce told her that she had lived in Atlantis when it was destroyed and had fled to the Yucatan:

"... the entity was in the land now known as the Atlantean, and many were the sojourns... The entity was among the priestesses of the Law of One, serving in the temples where there was the raising of the light in which the universal forces gave expression ....
With the periods arising when there was the last of the destructions (for the entity sojourned in the Poseidian land, and about that temple there, in the spirit influences of the material activities, for some six thousand years - if counted as time now), the entity journeyed with those people for the Yucatan land, or the establishing of the temple there in which the entity aided. " (823-1 given 2-11-35)

There were also tragic readings given for people who stayed behind and drowned.  These perfectly parallel accounts given to me by people, and from work I do as a hypnotherapist conducting past-life regressions.

"...the entity in the Atlantean land. HERE the entity was near to those that made for the destructive forces, as well as for those that were the SAVING of the peoples in the land, aiding then in making the preparations for the sojourning or the leaving of peoples that would go to other lands before the final destruction came to this land;
yet choosing to be rather among those to REMAIN - as would be termed - in the sinking ship."  (2733-1 1-12-33)

I know one of these people who had vivid recall of a life as a Atlantean healer, and she chose to stay behind and aid people while her husband and child fled to Egypt. When I showed her pictures of the submerged Bahama Bank and Andros Island, she cried.

"...the entity was in the Atlantean land, when there were those disturbances arising in which there were the warnings for those peoples that the end of those activities was at hand, and when many journeyed to the varied lands.
The entity chose rather to remain.
Hence we find latent within the present experience a dread of something, the entity knows not what; a fear of being in that position of not taking the warnings given, and yet rebelling - deep within - self against that of rule without the reasons for same."  (2443-1 given 2-1-41)

I'm guessing the last death throes of Atlantis were sudden like Plato wrote, or perhaps there just wasn't enough transportation for everyone to evacuate.  Some poor people probably couldn't afford to move either.

"...we find in that period when Atlantean forces were in activity. The entity then among those that gathered in the mountain tops and watched over the destruction by the incoming of waters...." (1740-1 given 10-22-30)

"In that before this we find when the ruling force of Poseida was before the gates of the mighty waters that in ages back submerged this plain."  (4228-1 given 12-12-23)

Blessings,
Horus
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:57:10 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Jon

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:00 am »

I know it's been a few years since you created this post Shayla, but I just found this website. There is something I would very much like to share... I just finished reading the two volume set of "An Amazing Human Journey" by Dr. Shakuntala Modi, a psychiatrist who does some innovative hypnotic regression. Her hypnotized patients had some very detailed and disturbing accounts of Atlantis - a magnificent civilization that had inverted into hell on earth before it's destruction. Her patients described tidal waves overcoming a society that had made the mistake of advancing their technology without advancing their spirituality. And that's where Bianca's reply to you post is so interesting... Bianca says she has an innate fear of technology. Amazingly, this fear fits directly with Dr. Modi's hypnotized patients' claims that the whole world suffered a revulsion and rejection of technology after the extreme horrors that had manifested in the dark age of Atlantis. Her patients also claim that what happened to Atlantean society can also happen to our society now...unless we can raise our spirituality to sufficient levels.

I just thought I'd share how amazing it is that the details in this post match the past life regression of others.

Report Spam   Logged
Shayla
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »

Fascinating post, Jon, did these people have any other details in their visions about just what Atlantis looked like, the kind of tech they had and where it actually was?

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, it has actually been over eight years since this topic was started!  Time flies.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

Fascinating post, Jon, did these people have any other details in their visions about just what Atlantis looked like, the kind of tech they had and where it actually was?

I don't know about those others, but I believe that I can provide the information. How can I do that, and on what authority? On my own authority, of course! Suspecting to be the reincarnation of the author's master, I, of all people, can give a full account, in detail. I don't claim to be anywhere near having the intellectual abilities that were mine in that other life, far from it. I'm not endowed with the same eloquence, wisdom, or ability to gather a crowd of disciples around me, as then, nor do I recall much other about that past life. Only that there is a reason for my grasping what I believe to be an unique, and crazy understanding of this Atlantis tale, and the rest of Plato's works. Although I have not yet worked out every little part of the tale, but for the most part, it has come back to me. Like Critias said, by thinking I recovered nearly the whole of it. I will tell you that you must also use more than just facts, but anything else that will, satisfactorily, make sense and explain in all respects; allegorically, symbolically, factually, representative, dimensional correctness using various measurement standards and even approximations, geographically, and topologically representative of the climatic conditions laid down. And all meeting logical explanation as to the description of governments, diplomacy, commerce, and history. And I think that I can even make sense of the part that Cayce plays in this, which is even stranger than anything that anyone can say about Cayce and his psychic abilities, to date.

However, who is willing to listen, if we introduce all this reincarnation and new age stuff, including dreams, feelings, and visions? It's hard enough to make a case about the reality of Atlantis even using a few scientific and historical events to show that, at most, Atlantis can only be an allegorical, glorified account to real, historical clashes of ancient Greek and Persian empires, or an exaggerated, date and location distorted, representation of a catastrophic natural disaster. But it should also be mentioned, for those that are only familiar with the two dialogues that deal with Atlantis, that the immortality of the soul, reincarnation, and the just conduct of mankind is at the core of Socrates' philosophy and reflected in Plato's works. Those with visions and dreams, cheer up as you may not be so crazy/strange! However, just realize that I could be even more nuttier than any of you, as this has already been suggested.

But for those that believe, and see the light in these crazy things, I will provide just as a teaser, and I will tell you why Poseidon was selected and used to figure as the father and founder of the "Atlantian" race. It's all about sailors and ships. Just think about it. The tale is about revealing the existence of a land unknown to the general populace of the old world.  Starting with the 5 twins, it should have been easy for those of the modern times to use this clue as one of the first pieces to lay down in composing the "puzzle." Is it not obvious why five, and why twins? Were there not 5 great "naval" powers that colonized the Americas? Were there not 5 twins established in the Americas? The British, the Spaniards, the French, the Portuguese, and the Dutch?
Report Spam   Logged
Rennes-le-Château
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 08:12:29 pm »

BOREDOM ALERT!
Do you really think the New Age Atlantis believers are going to buy your 'Atlantis isn't real' smear anymore than the Platoists did?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »

Do you really think the New Age Atlantis believers are going to buy your 'Atlantis isn't real' smear anymore than the Platoists did?  Roll Eyes

PEST ALERT, GET YOUR PESTICIDE READY!

Well, look what came through the woodwork, my old friend, a worm, and caring being. Oh, excuse me, I meant "warm." Surely one of Atlantis' better citizens, and always seeming to be looking out for his fellow citizens; so gracious and unselfish of you. I had a feeling to expect you here, although I though you had departed these here neck of the woods, not having noticed, on this site, any wiggling from any of your worthless heads. Greetings you multi-headed hydra; do I need to call my trusted companion, Iolaus, to come to my assistance again? I see that you have not evolved, and are still the same persistent pest, eating away at the frame of this noble place, and are still as dumb as ever. With a dumb-dumb like you, the Atlantis tale will only remain a myth. Go and play with those conspiracy plots, Templar knights, Masons, and the Angels and Demons you crave, and plague Dan Brown. Leave philosophy, facts, and truth alone, you are blind to it, as you have no eyes to see, like all other worms.

Still, since you always crave to converse with me; what are Platoists? Are you trying to learn a language of some type? Or are you making up things, since you know practically nothing?
And now, having subjected Atlantis to every sort of test, let us not appear to be too sparing of reincarnation and the knowledge that comes with dreams and visions: let us ring their metal bravely, and see if there be unsoundness in any part, until we have found out what in them is of the purest nature; and then the truest elements both of Atlantis' location, and the knowledge of not being a myth may be brought up for judgment.

Therefore, crawl back to where you usually hide, and stop being a pest, or we will have the principle call your mother. You cannot stay here, it's too complex for your tiny, wormy brain.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:24 am »

Another day in Atlantis, just dream about it; she calls out to the man on the street, have you had a dream too? Up to a few years ago, I had always wondered why there was/is so much irresistible love, and interest about Atlantis outside of philosophical circles; but I know now. People even dream about it, and they assure us that they had not even heard the word, "Atlantis." Edgar Cayce, we are told by his sons on the preface of an A.R.E. book on Atlantis, had no knowledge of Plato's work when he gave those readings of his on Atlantis and reincarnation. Well this is certainly a very strange thing, indeed! I know better in regards to Cayce, as I recall some written evidence that cites E. Cayce's own words that would easily disprove it. And yet, something has to give. Who's pulling the strings? Cupid of course!

WHY, why, why? I will tell you why. Because it is meant to be so by the "Higher Powers." Believe it or not, the question should not be; "why all the interest on whether Atlantis is, or is not a myth? But more so, we should ask ourselves; "what will those seeking Atlantis do with it, once really found? We are intrigued by the prospects of finding it, and we dream on; forming many personal and varied fancies about it. It's an illogical love affair, it would seem, as we, those inspired and moved by this tale, fall easy prey, as lovers do when falling madly in love. And as they say that, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," therefore to each beholder the beauty of their wishful fancies of an Atlantis of their very own is all too beautiful to them, even if it happens to be, in reality, very ugly as compared with Plato's true Atlantis. We are all easy lovers, here.

Easy lovers of mystical places, once Atlantis gets a hold on you, believe it like no other. Before you know it you'll be on your knees, she's an easy lover, and she'll take your heart but you won't feel it, she's like no other, and I'm just trying to make you see she's the kind of myth you dream of. You will dream of getting hold of Atlantis, somewhere, somehow. But you'd better forget it, you'll never get it. Atlantis will play around and leave you. Everyone seems to have her. Yes, deceive you and leave you. Better forget it, oh you'll regret it. No you'll never change her, because Plato described her as she really "is." So leave it, leave that land as he described her. For she'll say there's no other till she finds another that says; I found her! Better forget it, they will laugh at you too when you tell them, "Atlantis is mine!" Get out quick 'cause seeing in dreams is deceiving. Oh my people come out from under her spell before the catastrophy comes. It's the only way you'll ever know her, in your dreams and imagination, easy lovers. Before you know it you'll be on your knees begging anyone to tell you more. Atlantis, she's an easy lover for those that seek to dream of her. But you have to wait just a bit longer, like everyone has for 2,500 years, before she will be found; faithful and true, still with the living and under the sun, and not the sea. She will show herself soon enough. But soon is sooner than anyone can dream. Truth does not come easy, but come it will. Truth comes at its own time, which is always the right time to come. Understanding the love for Atlantis does not come easy, and like any true love, it has taken time to find our beloved, sun filled Atlantis. 

Let us be clear, those that think otherwise. Friends, Atlanteans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I have come to prove the existence of Atlantis, and not to debunk a myth. And although some of you may think that I am joking, I declare that I will tell you the entire truth, soon enough! But only a little at a time, to allow you to chew on it sufficiently, to aid you in swallowing and digesting it. And it will take a lot of chewing and swallowing, if you believe me. But I'm confident that anyone of you here can do it. And let me tell you that it will be sweet in your mouth, but it will turn bitter in your stomachs, because such is the effect of prophecy/truth. Afterall, seeing just what kind of stuff people are chewing and swallowing around here, in comparison, my food is fit for the gods. Needless to say, the recepies and food quality is not much better at other sites where they are also serving up Atlantis appetizers.

But despair not, as time has come today, and it's time to realize what Atlantis is really made of.  Awaken, all those who sleep and dream, and reincarnate! For the Kingdom of God is at hand, too!  You cannot have the one without the other.

TIME HAS COME TODAY!

Report Spam   Logged
Lawrence Fragg

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 05:22:55 pm »

I can see that you are all "play-acting" at being Atlanteans. Since all of you are so interested in what it was like to be Atlanteans, I'll tell you the truth. and none of you can tell em that it wasn't the truth either because I was there and you weren't, so there. My word is unimpeachable.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: