Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 05:14:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dreams of Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams of Atlantis  (Read 7614 times)
Hermocrates

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 12:04:45 pm »

I occasionally visit the Atlantipedia site to keep myself up to date on what is new on Atlantis, and where our dear beloved, "missing," island continent has been found. I have to admit that I'm not completely devoted to the task of keeping track with the latest news about it, nor am I completely familiar with all literature and claims about Atlantis that has surfaced in the past 50 years or so. But apparently whomever maintains the Atlantipedia web site is so dedicated and enamored with the myth of Atlantis that he was moved to compiling just about everything anyone knows or tells about Atlantis. Further, being that he retains himself quite an expert on the subject, he therefore, besides presenting the persons and their ideas, giving all the necessary references, also gives a short personal evaluation as to the plausibility of meeting Plato's version. This site, for those that may not already be aware of it, is worth visiting for anyone that wants to get more familiar with whom is who, past and present, that seeks to prove the verity of Atlantis, and where and when it may have existed, or still exists, but unrecognizable due to time passage.

As I was saying, in visiting this Atlantipedia site, the very latest had been the posting of yet, another claim, as to where Atlantis was supposed to have been, as given us by a British scientist and author of a very recent book of his; About Atlantis: Finding the lost city of Atlantis,  paperback – 17 Nov 2015. And here is a quick introduction about the book, as posted on Amazon.com. Which, in it, the author is claiming that the Northern Italian PO valley is supposed to be the very plain surrounding the royal capital city of Atlantis.

"When someone says Atlantis, you probably think of a large island that suddenly disappeared below the sea and vanished forever. The story of Atlantis is based on legends dating back three thousand years, these stories are actual dim recollections of real events. With the passage of time the truth has become clouded by myth. An ancient natural disaster swept away a large city at the top of the Adriatic where the Po valley is. Over thousands of years the sea was forced back and the place where Atlantis had once been again became dry land. Twenty years of painstaking and thorough research coupled with major advances in technology have finally stripped away the myth from the fact and revealed the truth behind the legends. The ancient records can now be seen to tell the true story of a catastrophe that changed the course of history and is still remembered to this day."

For those that are not familiar with this Northern Italian region, nor versed in fine culinary traditions, should know that it is the very region from where we get the famous cheese, Parmigiano, and a special ham, Prosciutto, both from the city of Parma (parmesan cheese, and cured raw ham, for the ignorant not watching any of the cooking shows on the cable/satellite channels). But the region is especially noted for their Mortadella. But Mortadella comes from another city, also located within the Po valley, and which is Bologna. Why do I emphasize the Mortadella? Because the city of Bologna, where the origin of Mortadella is supposed to have come from, is also where we get our name for our famous, but cheap version of the imitation of Mortadella, and which goes by the name of  "bologna sausage." But the point I want to make is not strictly culinary, but is relevant to one of my posts here about all the "junk" food we are being fed about Atlantis, and the way which most will devour it, with fervor pitch, and easily swallow this junk. Where is the connection with Mortadella and the author's claim? It is this. When one hears or reads something very absurd, totally unfounded, lacking logic, evidence, and any other acceptable, substantiated proof, we have a term for that, which we express it in this way; Boloney! And this author, with his claims about the Po valley and Atlantis, is full of BOLONEY!   

Now, as far as I'm concerned, I know all about Atlantis, what it means, where and when, and exactly what was on Plato's mind in writing about it. Although this claim of mine sounds and looks arrogant, conceited, and totally absurd, if taken seriously, is not mere boloney. Or as others may see it, is just something that seems to be sarcastic towards those that are trying to justify and put credence to their dreams and visions about reincarnation, since my, seemly, and outrageous claim of knowing for certain is based on my own reincarnation suspicions of my soul having been Plato's own master. Then, someone may, and justly I may add, ask if I'm not even more full of boloney? Yes, and yes, and yes; three times yes. But give me time, and I will show that I have fed on the more noble and much more expensive meat, Prosciutto. Although, like bologna sausage, also coming from swine, but unlike it, since bologna is "cooked-up" and prosciutto is raw meat, which requires a special long-time curing process, and interval driven, specifically-timed sensitive treatment methods, besides also requiring a particular, controlled environment, to achieve and rendering prosciutto its savory, pleasant, and outstanding taste, in the end. These expensive and painstaking procedures, besides giving the meat such a wonderful and delightfully unbelievable flavor, they also render the meat more digestible, even to newborn babes being weaned off milk.... If you get my meaning.  But as I was saying, I have to give my prosciutto to all of you a little at a time, since prosciutto is salted as part of the process of "creation," and it contains high levels of sodium. Therefore I don't want any of you to suffer from high blood pressure. And the old saying of taking this with only a grain of salt is not appropriate, since you will have to take it with a "shtttttt" load of salt! Mine is good salt, though. Therefore be cheerful, as Jesus said this about good salt; "Therefore, salt is good; but if even salt has become tasteless, with what will it be seasoned? "It is useless either for the soul or for the manure pile; it is thrown out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

In time, with good salt, I will attempt to prove that we, those that are Atlanteans, as Edgar Cayce told us, are reincarnating in the USA. Therefore, as Donald the duck declares, no foreigners are welcome in the good Old U ass of A. Or in this case, no one foreign to Plato's and Cayce's works needs to chime in on this "dreamy" thread started back in 2007, but left to stale in time. And this is why I'm attempting to resurrected it, to reincarnate it with some savory meat, and not mere boloney. But Prosciutto, unlike bologna sausage, is mostly lean meat, whereas bologna is mostly fat. So let us cut out the "fat" parts and images on this thread. Especially duck meat, which is very fat indeed, and let us, by words and deeds, elect to, Trump the boloney.

My own predicament in trying to convey my sentiments about the matter is quite, remarkably mirrored in music, my kind of music. And for which, this tune, coincidently or not,  kind of reflects and expresses my own outrageous claim of, uniquely, knowing Plato's very own mind. I have reincarnated to ring the division bell; separate the goats from the sheep. I'm coming back to life to set the record straight about Atlantis. Any bird brains out there , please, pay attention!

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
And where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun
Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence