Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:29:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dreams of Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams of Atlantis  (Read 7626 times)
Hermocrates

« on: January 06, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

Fascinating post, Jon, did these people have any other details in their visions about just what Atlantis looked like, the kind of tech they had and where it actually was?

I don't know about those others, but I believe that I can provide the information. How can I do that, and on what authority? On my own authority, of course! Suspecting to be the reincarnation of the author's master, I, of all people, can give a full account, in detail. I don't claim to be anywhere near having the intellectual abilities that were mine in that other life, far from it. I'm not endowed with the same eloquence, wisdom, or ability to gather a crowd of disciples around me, as then, nor do I recall much other about that past life. Only that there is a reason for my grasping what I believe to be an unique, and crazy understanding of this Atlantis tale, and the rest of Plato's works. Although I have not yet worked out every little part of the tale, but for the most part, it has come back to me. Like Critias said, by thinking I recovered nearly the whole of it. I will tell you that you must also use more than just facts, but anything else that will, satisfactorily, make sense and explain in all respects; allegorically, symbolically, factually, representative, dimensional correctness using various measurement standards and even approximations, geographically, and topologically representative of the climatic conditions laid down. And all meeting logical explanation as to the description of governments, diplomacy, commerce, and history. And I think that I can even make sense of the part that Cayce plays in this, which is even stranger than anything that anyone can say about Cayce and his psychic abilities, to date.

However, who is willing to listen, if we introduce all this reincarnation and new age stuff, including dreams, feelings, and visions? It's hard enough to make a case about the reality of Atlantis even using a few scientific and historical events to show that, at most, Atlantis can only be an allegorical, glorified account to real, historical clashes of ancient Greek and Persian empires, or an exaggerated, date and location distorted, representation of a catastrophic natural disaster. But it should also be mentioned, for those that are only familiar with the two dialogues that deal with Atlantis, that the immortality of the soul, reincarnation, and the just conduct of mankind is at the core of Socrates' philosophy and reflected in Plato's works. Those with visions and dreams, cheer up as you may not be so crazy/strange! However, just realize that I could be even more nuttier than any of you, as this has already been suggested.

But for those that believe, and see the light in these crazy things, I will provide just as a teaser, and I will tell you why Poseidon was selected and used to figure as the father and founder of the "Atlantian" race. It's all about sailors and ships. Just think about it. The tale is about revealing the existence of a land unknown to the general populace of the old world.  Starting with the 5 twins, it should have been easy for those of the modern times to use this clue as one of the first pieces to lay down in composing the "puzzle." Is it not obvious why five, and why twins? Were there not 5 great "naval" powers that colonized the Americas? Were there not 5 twins established in the Americas? The British, the Spaniards, the French, the Portuguese, and the Dutch?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: