Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:59:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Atlantis Conspiracy/Maxine Asher

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Atlantis Conspiracy/Maxine Asher  (Read 431 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 11, 2008, 02:26:11 am »

The Atlantis Conspiracy/Maxine Asher

dhill757, posted 05-10-2004 12:21 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This book details Dr. Asher's 1973 expedition to the Cadiz area off of Spain that has long been considered a part of the Atlantis story. Her dives were inconclusive, and the book is mostly about the dificulties she had dealing with the Spanish government in getting permission to dive, but, as an autobiographical account, it is still worth a read. Dr. Asher has a lively writing style that draws one in, it's not very long, and I finished it in about two nights.
According to an Internet website, Dr. Asher is still having expeditions there and says that she has recovered much evidence of Atlantis, but, because of political concerns, has yet to produce any of it to the press. The website also says that she produces a newsletter and each one claims that they are on the verge of a great discovery there, yet never seems to produce the evidence.

Be that as it may, she must have found something of interest there, or else she wouldn't keep going back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:27:40 am »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2004 11:43 AM                       
A link to Dr. Asher's research, still under construction as of May 2004.
www.atlantisresearch.com
Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:27:54 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

Rate Member   posted 05-20-2004 05:28 PM                       
dhill: Where is Dr.Ashers research area in reguard to the area being investigated by Georgio?
Posts: 9973 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:16 am »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2004 08:13 AM                       
Brig, she's working in the Cadiz area, which is off the western area of the coast of Spain. I'll look for a map for you later. According to Maria, she has always confined her theories and research dealing with Atlantis to this one area. Georgeos and Maria haven't been very specific about where they are looking, which is understandable, but I imagine they have investigated Cadiz as well, among other sites off Spain. Maria and I are discussing this under the "Atlantis Research" topic in the other forum.
Both have uncovered things (Dr. Asher supposedly has film of sunken underwater walls and temples, according to Maria), but in my view, Georgeos deserves more credit if only because he's revealed more to the public.

Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:37 am »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 05-22-2004 02:05 AM                       
Maria told me that the ruins Dr. Asher is investigating are Phoenician, so that they are no longer interested in them. To be fair, a lot of other Spanish researchers have also investigated Cadiz over the years.
Maria said that they are now investigating the mouth of Gibralter (where Jaques is going this summer)
Here is the quote of the regions:

"The area in that they are working Georgeos, the team of scientists (and I also, of course) it includes from the same Straits of Gibraltar or Columnas de Hercules, Tarîfa, Barbate, Trafalgar, Chiclana de la Frontera, Conil de la Frontera, Cadiz, Rota, Chipiona, Guadalquivir River, and the coasts of Huelva until the Guadiana River. We are speaking of a great extension of many thousands of square kilometers, that they are filled with "Nêsos", that is, of islands or peninsulas, and you castrate submerged of different dimensions, between the -5 meters until the -50 meters of depth, but the majority located between the -5 meters and the -20 meters of depth."

So it seems that Georgeos is working in a much wider region than Dr. Asher is working in.

[This message has been edited by dhill757 (edited 05-22-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:56 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

Rate Member   posted 05-22-2004 09:59 PM                       
If I understand Maria and Georgeos correctly (I may not) he is concentrating on an area where there is a seamount or rise which lies pretty close to the mouth of Gibraltor.
Posts: 9973 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: