Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:37:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Writing a book based on Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing a book based on Atlantis  (Read 2153 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 01:57:54 am »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 03-26-2004 07:36 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could see that, too, but just because the Minoans built an ancient civilization that had a fleet and was advanced in other ways doesn't mean it was Atlantis. An ancient civlization doesn't have to be Atlantis to be impressive and nine times out of ten, the ones that are found won't be (especially if they aren't in the Atlantic Ocean).
Plato was very specific, no matter how people want to play with his words: in the Atlantic Ocean, beyond the Pillars of Hercules, 9,000 years before Solon, and that it was also a "true" story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000823#000005
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 05:12:02 pm »

dhill757

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:54:37 am » Quote 

To quote James Bramwell:

quote:

"Either Atlantis is an island in the Atlantic or it's not Atlantis at all." -James Bramwell, Lost Atlantis,

1937--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 01:18:58 pm »

MINOANS were originally called MINEANS
MINEA was Atlantis or around ASIR in ADEN
LAND  of  Ad " was translated in Latin as Atlantis(=Ras Aden-crater.) Cry Shocked Cry

dhill757  posted 03-26-2004 07:36 PM                       
I could see that, too, but just because the Minoans built an ancient civilization that had a fleet and was advanced in other ways doesn't mean it was Atlantis. An ancient civlization doesn't have to be Atlantis to be impressive and nine times out of ten, the ones that are found won't be (especially if they aren't in the Atlantic Ocean).
Plato was very specific, no matter how people want to play with his words: in the Atlantic Ocean, beyond the Pillars of Hercules, 9,000 years before Solon, and that it was also a "true" story.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000823#000005
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:19:59 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
ronald

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 02:01:30 am »

great, you are writing a book based on Atlantics . i have some knowledge about it and i am not able to help you from my some knowledge but i can help you in a great way from other site such as you have to go to google and type ezinearticles  and then search about Atlantics i think you will get many results and i am sure it will help you to write as whenever i get in a problem i use this process
Report Spam   Logged

although ketty editing provides something different , i trust in it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: