Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:38:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton and McCain pull off upsets in NH

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton and McCain pull off upsets in NH  (Read 151 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »

In New Hampshire, Obama got 102,000 votes, which is 16,000 more than McCain, who won the Republican primary with only 86,000.

All the excitement and turnout is with the Democrats this year.  No matter who the nominee, I expect us to win the presidency! 

Okay as long the Illuminati-agendist comes from the Democrat party you'll be satisfied.

See you in the FEMA Camps.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Vanguard of Truth
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 11:42:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Vanguard of Truth
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 11:43:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Spirit of Vengeance
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 12:56:15 am »

This isn't a very flattering picture:

Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 10:26:36 am »

Voter who made Clinton teary picked Obama
Posted: 06:30 PM ET

Marianne Pernold Young looks on Monday after asking a question that led Hillary Clinton to tears.
(CNN) – Many political observers are crediting Democrat Hillary Clinton's surprise win in New Hampshire to the New York senator's rare display of emotion at a Portsmouth Coffee shop Monday morning.

But Clinton's tearful moment failed to win at least one Granite State voter — the very woman who prompted her response in the first place.

Marianne Pernold-Young told CNN Wednesday she ultimately picked Barack Obama in Tuesday night's primary because of the Illinois senator's performance at a recent rally she attended.

"I was moved to tears. Not once, but twice," she said. "And he has this enormous electricity. And I was just taken aback. And I just had to go with my feelings." (Video: Young speaks on American Morning)

On Monday, Young asked Clinton how she was holding up under the rigors of a presidential campaign — an inquiry that cause the presidential candidate's eyes to well up and voice to tremble.

"It's not easy, and I couldn't do it if I just didn't, you know, passionately believe it was the right thing to do," a teary Clinton said. "You know, I have so many opportunities from this country, I just don't want to see us fall backwards." (Video: Clinton gets emotional)

The moment instantly became the most-covered event on the campaign trail on the day before the critical New Hampshire primary, drawing praise from some who said Clinton had finally bared her true self to voters. The next day, Clinton won among voters who said a candidate who "cares about people" is most important (a category John Edwards won in Iowa.)

Young told CNN she herself was touched by the event, though it was not enough to convince her to support Clinton.

"I was very touched and I was totally in awe that she would open up to us, all of us there," Young said. "But it was a delicate matter."

On CNN's American Morning, Clinton wouldn't speculate whether the moment had put her over the top in the Granite State the night before, but said, "I'm really glad that I had a chance to say what I believe with all of my heart, that politics isn't a game, it's not a horse race. It's about people's lives." (Video: Hillary Clinton on American Morning)

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Barack Obama • Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire

Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Jeremy Dokken
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 10:33:12 am »

Obama won the paper ballot precincts and lost the ones with the Diebold voting machines.

Something is up here.
Report Spam   Logged
Kris Conover
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:17 am »

Guys, no matter what Democrat gets the nomination, they would still be a thousand times better than the Republican nominee, right?  The worst thing would be to get another Bushlike person in there.
Report Spam   Logged
Roy McGiness

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:52 pm »

I just don't understand how you Demos make your decisions.  The most important criteria for a Presidential candidate should be whether he is a regular guy, not one of those smarty-pants intellectuals.  You know, the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with.

Do any of you think that Hillary or Obama would be a beer drinker?  Both look like winers to me! 

Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:17 pm »

If they have CFR memberships they are going to Bush-like.
Report Spam   Logged
Roy McGiness

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 01:26:03 pm »

I doubt that anyone could fill W's shoes the same way that he could fill them, Volitzer.  Hey, maybe we should run W. again?  Can we make an exception for him?
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 01:29:17 pm »

I doubt that anyone could fill W's shoes the same way that he could fill them, Volitzer.  Hey, maybe we should run W. again?  Can we make an exception for him?

He wasn't elected the fisrt 2 times.  Fat chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: