Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:46:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton Gets Emotional on Campaign Trail

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton Gets Emotional on Campaign Trail  (Read 54 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:19 am »

Clinton: 'I actually have emotions'
Posted: 10:45 AM ET

Watch Clinton discuss her emotional moment on the campaign trail.
(CNN) — Democrat Hillary Clinton talked to CNN's John Roberts about tearing up on the campaign trail Monday, saying the incident proves she has emotions.

"Well you know, I actually have emotions — I know there are some people who doubt that, but you know, I really am so touched by what I hear from people," said the New York senator. "It's usually about their problems.

“It's usually a mother who throws arm around me and says thank you for the Children's Health Care insurance program, or a man who drove here all the way here from New York to say I'd saved jobs in New York. That's really moving to me. That's how I judge the job I'm doing."

"So when this woman, this really kind woman, said to me, 'Well, how are you doing?' it was so touching to me," she said. "I'm so other-oriented. You know I'm not good about talking about myself. I don't get up and think about how I'm going to present myself. I think about, 'What am I going to do today to actually make a difference in someone's life?'"

The comments are in reference to Clinton's visible display of emotion at a campaign event in Portsmouth Monday morning, following a undecided voter's question about how the New York senator is dealing with the rigors of a presidential campaign.

"It's not easy, and I couldn't do it if I just didn't, you know, passionately believe it was the right thing to do," Clinton said, her voice breaking a bit.

"You know, I have so many opportunities from this country, I just don't want to see us fall backwards," she added, while the audience applauded. "This is very personal for me, it's not just political, it's [that] I see what's happening, we have to reverse it — just put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds."

Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: