Atlantis Online
December 12, 2019, 12:40:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 2671 times)
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 09:10:54 pm »

Trent

Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted 03-27-2005 09:02 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Datah, what do you believe that God's communication with you meant?
More to the point, I would like to know just how many people here believe it is possible to communicate with the dead? I gather that I am one, along with Tracy and Zodiac, how many others..?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 09:11:18 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 03-31-2005 10:07 AM                       
Trent
I believe.... hallelyah, I believe

It is the responsibility of those gifted with the discernment of spirits to aid them in crossing over. This is a sacred obligation not a parlor game.

Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 09:11:55 pm »

Anteros

Member # 1984

Member Rated:
   posted 03-31-2005 01:50 PM                       
Do I believe that communication with the dead is possible? As the following story attests, I have no choice. Do I believe it's wise? Probably not.

quote:
Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had mourned for him and buried him in his own town of Ramah. Saul had expelled the mediums and spiritists from the land.
The Philistines assembled and came and set up camp at Shunem, while Saul gathered all the Israelites and set up camp at Gilboa.
When Saul saw the Philistine army, he was afraid; terror filled his heart.
He inquired of the LORD , but the LORD did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets.
Saul then said to his attendants, "Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her."
"There is one in Endor," they said.
So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and at night he and two men went to the woman. "Consult a spirit for me," he said, "and bring up for me the one I name."
But the woman said to him, "Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?"
Saul swore to her by the LORD , "As surely as the LORD lives, you will not be punished for this."
Then the woman asked, "Whom shall I bring up for you?"
"Bring up Samuel," he said.
When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out at the top of her voice and said to Saul, "Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!"
The king said to her, "Don't be afraid. What do you see?" The woman said, "I see a spirit coming up out of the ground."
"What does he look like?" he asked.
"An old man wearing a robe is coming up," she said. Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"
"I am in great distress," Saul said. "The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has turned away from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do."
16 Samuel said, "Why do you consult me, now that the LORD has turned away from you and become your enemy?
The LORD has done what he predicted through me. The LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors-to David.
Because you did not obey the LORD or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the LORD has done this to you today.
The LORD will hand over both Israel and you to the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The LORD will also hand over the army of Israel to the Philistines."
Immediately Saul fell full length on the ground, filled with fear because of Samuel's words. His strength was gone, for he had eaten nothing all that day and night.

1 SAMUEL 28:3-20 NIV

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 09:12:35 pm »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-01-2005 09:05 PM                       
Anteros, I imagine you haven't received any reply to this because it's entire meaning was lost on it's intended audience. Absonite would deny that there is such a thing as spirits, absolving mankind of any guilt it might accumulate should it cross a spirit's path. GOD would have you aknowledge the existence of spirits, yet have you DENY them should you cross the spirit's paths.
There are some who seem to come here with the sole intent of seeking to beguile and confuse.

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 09:13:33 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-03-2005 08:50 PM                       
Calvin
you do not know anything about what i would deny or affirm.
I read your post 5 times and i still don't know what you are talking about and i don't think you do either.

As far as spirits coming here to beguile and confuse, the only one I know would be you. You even beguile and confuse yourself.

And furthemore, before Jesus that was true but since he incarnated he put a stop to all that "possssed by evil spirits stuff. Now it is simply your own evil ways that beguile and confuse. Just read some of your own posts to see the truth of that.   Smiley

quote:

THE REBEL MIDWAYERS

77:7.1 The majority of the primary midwayers went into sin at the time of the Lucifer rebellion. When the devastation of the planetary rebellion was reckoned up, among other losses it was discovered that of the original 50,000, 40,119 had joined the Caligastia secession.

77:7.2 The original number of secondary midwayers was 1,984, and of these 873 failed to align themselves with the rule of Michael and were duly interned in connection with the planetary adjudication of Urantia on the day of Pentecost. No one can forecast the future of these fallen creatures.

77:7.3 Both groups of rebel midwayers are now held in custody awaiting the final adjudication of the affairs of the system rebellion. But they did many strange things on earth prior to the inauguration of the present planetary dispensation.

77:7.4 These disloyal midwayers were able to reveal themselves to mortal eyes under certain circumstances, and especially was this true of the associates of Beelzebub, the leader of the apostate secondary midwayers. But these unique creatures must not be confused with certain of the rebel cherubim and seraphim who also were on earth up to the time of Christ's death and resurrection. Some of the older writers designated these rebellious midway creatures as evil spirits  and demons, and the apostate seraphim as evil angels.

77:7.5 On no world can  evil spirits possess any mortal mind subsequent to the life of a Paradise bestowal Son. But before the days of Christ Michael on Urantia -- before the universal coming of the Thought Adjusters and the pouring out of the Master's spirit upon all flesh -- these rebel midwayers were actually able to influence the minds of certain inferior mortals and somewhat to control their actions. This was accomplished in much the same way as the loyal midway creatures function when they serve as efficient contact guardians of the human minds of the Urantia reserve corps of destiny at those times when the Adjuster is, in effect, detached from the personality during a season of contact with superhuman intelligences.

77:7.6 It is no mere figure of speech when the record states: "And they brought to Him all sorts of sick peoples, those who were possessed by devils and those who were lunatics." Jesus knew and recognized the difference between insanity and demoniacal possession, although these states were greatly confused in the minds of those who lived in his day and generation.

77:7.7 Even prior to Pentecost no rebel spirit could dominate a normal human mind, and since that day even the weak minds of inferior mortals are free from such possibilities. The supposed casting out of devils since the arrival of the Spirit of Truth has been a matter of confounding a belief in demoniacal possession with hysteria, insanity, and feeble-mindedness. But just because Michael's bestowal has forever liberated all human minds on Urantia from the possibility of demoniacal possession, do not imagine that such was not a reality in former ages.

77:7.8 The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p077.htm

quote:

153:4.1 In the midst of the discussions of this after meeting, one of the Pharisees from Jerusalem brought to Jesus a distraught youth who was possessed of an unruly and rebellious spirit. Leading this demented lad up to Jesus, he said: "What can you do for such affliction as this? Can you cast out devils?" And when the Master looked upon the youth, he was moved with compassion and, beckoning for the lad to come to him, took him by the hand and said: "You know who I am; come out of him; and I charge one of your loyal fellows to see that you do not return." And immediately the lad was normal and in his right mind. And this is the first case where Jesus really cast an "evil spirit" out of a human being. All of the previous cases were only supposed possession of the devil; but this was a genuine case of demoniac possession, even such as sometimes occurred in those days and right up to the day of Pentecost, when the Master's spirit was poured out upon all flesh, making it forever impossible for these few celestial rebels to take such advantage of certain unstable types of human beings.

153:4.2 When the people marveled, one of the Pharisees stood up and charged that Jesus could do these things because he was in league with devils; that he admitted in the language which he employed in casting out this devil that they were known to each other; and he went on to state that the religious teachers and leaders at Jerusalem had decided that Jesus did all his so-called miracles by the power of Beelzebub, the prince of devils. Said the Pharisee: "Have nothing to do with this man; he is in partnership with Satan."

153:4.3 Then said Jesus: "How can Satan cast out Satan? A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand; if a house be divided against itself, it is soon brought to desolation. Can a city withstand a siege if it is not united? If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? But you should know that no one can enter into the house of a strong man and despoil his goods except he first overpower and bind that strong man. And so, if I by the power of Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges. But if I, by the spirit of God, cast out devils, then has the kingdom of God truly come upon you. If you were not blinded by prejudice and misled by fear and pride, you would easily perceive that one who is greater than devils stands in your midst. You compel me to declare that he who is not with me is against me, while he who gathers not with me scatters abroad. Let me utter a solemn warning to you who would presume, with your eyes open and with premeditated malice, knowingly to ascribe the works of God to the doings of devils! Verily, verily, I say to you, all your sins shall be forgiven, even all of your blasphemies, but whosoever shall blaspheme against God with deliberation and wicked intention shall never obtain forgiveness. Since such persistent workers of iniquity will never seek nor receive forgiveness, they are guilty of the sin of eternally rejecting divine forgiveness.

153:4.4 "Many of you have this day come to the parting of the ways; you have come to a beginning of the making of the inevitable choice between the will of the Father and the self-chosen ways of darkness. And as you now choose, so shall you eventually be. You must either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else will the tree become corrupt and its fruit corrupt. I declare that in my Father's eternal kingdom the tree is known by its fruits. But some of you who are as vipers, how can you, having already chosen evil, bring forth good fruits? After all, out of the abundance of the evil in your hearts your mouths speak."

153:4.5 Then stood up another Pharisee, who said: "Teacher, we would have you give us a predetermined sign which we will agree upon as establishing your authority and right to teach. Will you agree to such an arrangement?" And when Jesus heard this, he said: "This faithless and sign-seeking generation seeks a token, but no sign shall be given you other than that which you already have, and that which you shall see when the Son of Man departs from among you."

153:4.6 And when he had finished speaking, his apostles surrounded him and led him from the synagogue. In silence they journeyed home with him to Bethsaida. They were all amazed and somewhat terror-stricken by the sudden change in the Master's teaching tactics. They were wholly unaccustomed to seeing him perform in such a militant manner.

[ 04-03-2005, 21:14: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 09:13:56 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-03-2005 08:52 PM                       
Datah,

that's a very kool story about your sister. I believe it.
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 04-06-2005 09:24 PM                       

quote:
As far as spirits coming here to beguile and confuse, the only one I know would be you. You even beguile and confuse yourself.

And furthemore, before Jesus that was true but since he incarnated he put a stop to all that "possssed by evil spirits stuff. Now it is simply your own evil ways that beguile and confuse. Just read some of your own posts to see the truth of that.

Absonite, I find Calvin's views on things most persuasive, and believe that you have mischaracterized his postions with that statement.

Also, what chapter and verse of the Bible does it say that Christ put a halt to all evil spirits? I must have missed that one. Thank you.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:58 pm »

Trent

Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2005 09:56 PM                       
Wow, check out all the new posters, or old ones that have come back, whatever the case may be.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:44 pm »

Zodiac

Member # 2231

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2005 11:09 PM                       
Oh, for crying out loud, first a Bush icon, now a Cheney one, doesn't anyone here but me read Marvel Comics?
Posts: 260 | From: the Netherworld | Registered: Nov 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 09:16:05 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 04-07-2005 10:15 AM                       
LOL@, zodiac.

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 04-07-2005 10:37 AM                       
zodiac

Is that Ghost Rider! awesome

The problem appears to be some people only have one book. I would like to mention that in this country books are freely avilable at your local public library. Look into it, reading is FUNdamental.

[ 04-07-2005, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:49 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-07-2005 03:17 PM                       
unknown

i hope you are not lumping me into that remark.
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:16 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 04-07-2005 03:25 PM                       
I know you are an avid reader Abs it shows.

Sometimes I get PO'd and say things I shouldn't.

[ 04-07-2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:55 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-07-2005 05:19 PM                       
ok buddy,

for that you get another star   Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 09:19:17 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 04-07-2005 08:02 PM                       
Thanks

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: