Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 02:48:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 8450 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2008, 10:17:39 pm »

Europa

Member # 2616

Member Rated:
   posted 08-07-2005 08:02 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd say that part about people seeing ghosts is just a matter of coincidence, Mish, I don't personally believe that, rather, that they are more in tune with the afterlife than some of the rest of us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2008, 10:18:06 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 08-14-2005 06:32 PM                       
I was thinking of starting a second topic on ghost stories, but don't want it to be a quickie. Anyone here game? It would be sort of along the lines of our Halloween theme!
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2008, 10:18:51 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 08-14-2005 08:26 PM                       
Sounds like a good idea to me Jennie.

[ 08-14-2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: unknown ]
Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2008, 10:19:19 pm »

ronjonesponciau
Member # 2641

Rate Member   posted 08-14-2005 08:31 PM                       
I have been fascinated by the toos and fros on the Ghost interpretations - so much research and intellectual overload my brain aches. To gain knowledge you must experience first hand - its OK reading about things - they merely point to understanding and do not reinforce belief.There is confusion between 'Ghost' and ' Spirit. Spirit is part of each human soul and continues to exist as an intelligent being after the demise of the physical body . It can rarely be seen with physical eyes and is seen through spiritual eyes or psyche. It can communicate with the 'medium ' through sight , sound and feeling.
A Ghost does not have this abilty to communicate and in my experience goes through a programme of activities that it did in physical life. I lean very much to the theory of residual energy for this phenomenon and that surroundings 'record' events ,particularly strong emotions, and can release these events in certain circumstances as a replay which can be detected by physical senses.Psychic ability takes a long time to develope (I started development 24 years ago )and still have a long long way to go.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2008, 10:19:47 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 08-14-2005 08:35 PM                       
Welcome to the forum, Rnjonesponciau, if you are into ghost hunting here, you are in good company.

Have you ever seen a ghost yourself?

Jennie, sounds like a good idea to me, too...you mean as in collecting ghost stories..?
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »

Pagan

Member # 2369

Member Rated:
   posted 08-14-2005 09:04 PM                       
I'm all for a discussion on ghost stories, in fact, you can start one on STD's here, too, and I'll be sure to participate in that one too!  Wink

--------------------
╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:39 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 08-15-2005 07:32 AM                       
Jennie - You guys KNOW I'm all for any more ghosty threads! :-)

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:03 pm »

ronjonesponciau
Member # 2641

Rate Member   posted 08-15-2005 07:42 AM                       
Hi Jennie - many thanks for the welcome -I hope to join in with as many discussions as possible.I have seen two ghosts in my life and also witnessed two materialisations , one in a formal seance and one in an area of strong spirit presence. I will compile a full account shortly for posting.
Great to meet you

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:25 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 08-22-2005 06:00 AM                       
Ron - Please do! I personally would be really interested to hear someone else's first hand account of a ghost experience!! Are you a practicing psychic or a medium of some sort? I ask because you said you've been working on it for 24 years...

Nice to meet you, too. :-)
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:48 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 09-10-2005 04:38 AM                       
Gee, we haven't seen Mish, Trent or Sandra around here lately either. Hope they weren't all attacked by ghosts, like Aries said. This thread was one of the ones that most peaked my interest...
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:15 pm »

Pagan

Member # 2369

Member Rated:
   posted 09-18-2005 10:09 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by ronjonesponciau:
Hi Jennie - many thanks for the welcome -I hope to join in with as many discussions as possible.I have seen two ghosts in my life and also witnessed two materialisations , one in a formal seance and one in an area of strong spirit presence. I will compile a full account shortly for posting.
Great to meet you

Hi there, Ronjonesponciau! I don't know about everybody else, but I'd sure like to hear a little more about your ghost sightings! We are really into the supernatural around here, in case you didn't notice!

--------------------
╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:54 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 09-26-2005 09:50 PM                       
GHOSTS OF THE PRAIRIE

History & Hauntings of America

Amityville:
Horror or Hoax?
A Look at this Classic Case
by Troy Taylor

There seems to be little doubt that one of the most famous American hauntings to ever be documented occurred in the quiet town of Amityville, New York, a peaceful enclave on Long Island’s south shore. There stands no other case from the latter part of the 20th Century that so captured the imagination of the general public... and no other case that filled us with such fear.

I was barely a teenager when the sensational book by Jay Anson, “The Amityville Horror”, was released. I will never forget snatching up a copy from a local bookstore, only to read it and then re-read it again. Could such things really happen? Could ghosts destroy a family the way that evil spirits did George and Kathy Lutz? Could a ghost force someone to kill, as demonic entities caused Ronald DeFeo to murder his entire family?

And most terrifying of all.... could the American public be so easily deceived into believing the events chronicled in the book were actually real? The answer to that question is a resounding “yes” as is proven by the fact that many people still believe in the veracity of “The Amityville Horror”, one of the greatest paranormal hoaxes of all time!

But how did it all begin? How could we all be fooled so easily? And what events led up to the release of the book? To answer those inquiries, we have to go back to November 1974 and understand the true events that occurred in the house on Ocean Avenue.

The horrific carnage that prefaced the story of the “Amityville Horror” began one dark fall night in 1974. The DeFeos, Ronald Sr. and Louise, their two young sons, Mark and John, and two daughters, Dawn and Allison, were sleeping peacefully in their comfortable, three-story, Dutch Colonial home in Amityville. The silence of the house was shattered when Ronald DeFeo murdered his parents and his siblings with a high-powered rifle. One by one, he killed each of them as they slept, although strangely, the sound of the gunshots never awakened the other family members.

Ronald DeFeo Jr.
DeFeo blamed the massacre on the malevolent force of an evil spirit that was present in the house. He stated that the creature began speaking to him and controlled him while he committed the murders. Not surprisingly, he pleaded insanity at his trial. The prosecutor countered the plea by stating that DeFeo was not crazy at all, but merely trying to cash in on his parent’s substantial life insurance polices. Again though, we are left with an unanswered question.. how could DeFeo have thought that he would get away with the murders and in turn, collect on the insurance policies?

Regardless, the jury ignored DeFeo’s claims and found him guilty of six counts of first-degree murder. State Supreme Court Justice Thomas M. Stark sentenced him to 150 years in prison.

The tragedy in Amityville made grim local news but few outside of New York ever heard about the house until some time later. The horrendous events that followed began on December 18, 1975, when a young couple named George and Kathy Lutz bought the house on Ocean Avenue for $80,000. Just a week before Christmas, they moved into their new “dream home” with Kathy’s three children from a previous marriage. They would later claim that the “dream home” soon became a nightmare!

Almost from the moment that they moved into the house, the Lutz family would insist they noticed an unearthly presence in the place. They began to hear mysterious noises that they could not account for. Locked windows and doors would inexplicably open and close, as if by invisible hands. George Lutz, a sturdy former Marine, claimed to be plagued by the sound of a phantom brass band that would march back and forth through the house. When a Catholic priest entered the house, after agreeing to exorcize it, an eerie, disembodied voice told him to “get out”.
After the aborted exorcism, the events began to intensify. The thumping and scratching sounds grew worse, a devilish creature was seen outside the windows at night, George Lutz was seemingly “possessed” by an evil spirit and green slime even oozed from the walls and ceiling. The family was further terrified by ghostly apparitions of hooded figures, clouds of flies that appeared from nowhere, cold chills, personality changes, sickly odors, objects moving about on their own, the repeated disconnection of their telephone service and communication between the youngest Lutz child and a devilish pig that she called “Jodie”. Kathy Lutz reported that she was often beaten and scratched by unseen hands and that one night, she was literally levitated up off the bed.
George and Kathy Lutz

The family managed to hold out for 28 days before they gathered up their possessions and fled from the house. According to their story, they left so quickly that they didn’t take their furniture or many of their other possessions with them. The demonic spirits, they said, had driven them from their home!

And then, things started to get really scary....

In February 1976, not long after the Lutz family left the house, local residents were stunned to see New York Channel 5’s news team doing a life news feed from the house on Ocean Avenue. The news crew filmed a seance that was being conducted and a dramatic investigation of the place conducted by Ed and Lorraine Warren, two of America’ most famous “demonologists”. The Amityville house would soon become the center of a three-ring circus!

For those not familiar with the Warrens, Lorraine claims to be a clairvoyant and a trance medium who is said to have the uncanny ability to contact the spirit world. On the other hand, her husband Ed, purports to be an expert on hauntings and exorcism. From the 1950’s through the 1980’s, the Warrens, who are based in Connecticut, were recognized as authorities when it came to ghosts and demons. While they are still active today, their methods have been replaced by more scientific standards of investigation. Regardless, in 1976, their stamp of approval on the events reported at Amityville caught the attention of a nation.

The Warrens went to the house for the first time in February and while supposedly George Lutz refused to accompany them, he did loan them a key. The Warrens stated that they found old newspapers around the house and that the refrigerator was still stocked with food. It was obvious to them, they said, that the Lutz family had left in a hurry. The Warrens brought two other psychics with them to the house to conduct their seance. They later reported that they “sensed” an “unearthly presence” in the house and Ed Warren also claimed to experience heart palpitations that he blamed on the occult forces. The house was haunted, they said, by the angry spirits of Indians who had once inhabited the area and by “inhuman spirits”. The story was that the Shinnecock Indians had used that very parcel of land as a place where sick and insane members of the tribe were isolated until they died. They did not bury the dead there however because they supposedly believed the land was “infested with demons”.

For God's Sake... what was Rod Steiger thinking??
Not long after, the George and Kathy Lutz teamed up with a writer named Jay Anson and together, they authored what would become a best-selling book called “The Amityville Horror”. The book would then go on to spawn a bad movie and a number (of even worse sequels) and not surprisingly, the Warrens were hired by producer Dino de Laurentis and the production company to serve as consultants about the supernatural occurrences portrayed in the film. They also made the rounds of the talk show circuit, discussing the horrifying events in Amityville.

The “Amityville Horror” grew from news reports and newspaper articles to books, magazines and television. The story would become internationally known and around the world, people recognized the name of Amityville. Most amazing was the fact that this terrifying story was absolutely true... or so it read in bold print on the cover of the phenomenally selling book. But not everyone was convinced, even in paranormal circles. In fact, a few of them smelled something bad in Amityville!

One of those was a paranormal investigator from New York named Dr. Stephen Kaplan. George Lutz had approached him in early 1976 about conducting an investigation of the house on Ocean Avenue. At that time, Kaplan was the executive director of the Parapsychology Institute of America, based on Long Island. He received a phone call from Lutz on February 16 and wanted the society to investigate the house for supernatural activity. He asked about a fee for the group’s services and Kaplan told him that they did not charge for the investigation but that “if the story is a hoax...the public will know”. A few days later, Lutz called and cancelled the investigation. He claimed that he and his wife did not want any publicity about the house. This may have been why the Channel 5 news story came as such a surprise to Kaplan and his colleagues a few days later!

As the story of the “Amityville Horror” was becoming an international sensation, Kaplan was at work collecting evidence and materials about the house and the claims made by the Lutz family, Jay Anson, the Warrens and the media. Although convinced of the validity of the paranormal and supernatural activity, Kaplan was not convinced of the truth behind the Amityville case. While it was possible that a haunting could have occurred at the house, especially in light of the violent events that had taken place there, there was something not quite right about the accounts of the Lutz’s. After some initial investigation, Kaplan became sure that a hoax was being perpetrated on the public and such a hoax could prove to be damaging for legitimate paranormal cases in the future. With that in mind, he became determined to show that the entire story was a farce.

Little did he know that he would face an uphill battle, not only against the Warrens, but against the general public as well. By this time, the Warrens had become too firmly entrenched to back out of the case. They continued to resolutely support the Lutz claims of the house being haunted, or possessed, by evil forces. They began their own campaign to try and discredit Stephen Kaplan, especially after his untimely death a number of years later. To this day, in spite of confessions and in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the Warrens still maintain that the house was haunted.

The general public had been so force-fed the story by the media, that Kaplan’s evidence against the house being haunted seemed to fall on deaf ears. Thanks to the fact that the truth was not as glamorous or as dramatic as the original story, the new story was scarcely reported and was barely noticed at first. In fact, Kaplan’s diaries of the investigations were turned into a book that did not get published for many years after the events took place. The problem remained that the public loved the story and the house on Ocean Avenue became a Long Island landmark. People traveled from all over the country to drive past and stare at it. Tourists made it their first stop on Long Island and locals soon began calling the sightseers the “Amityville Horribles”. The trouble with curiosity seekers and complaints from locals were so bad in the late 1970’s that they drove one Amityville police chief into early retirement!

Kaplan had discovered that the “Amityville Horror” was pure invention. In 1979, a lawyer named William Weber confessed to his part in the hoax during a paranormal radio show hosted by author Joel Martin. Weber had been the lawyer for convicted killer Ronald DeFeo and he admitted that he and George Lutz had concocted the story of the haunting over a few bottles of wine. Weber’s motive was to get a new trial for DeFeo, using a “Devil made him do it” defense. According to Weber, Lutz merely wanted to get out from under a mortgage that he couldn’t afford. His business was in trouble and he needed a scheme to bail him out.

Kaplan found ample proof, outside of the glaring confession, that the story was a hoax. He gained access to the house on many occasions and found that the so-called “Red Room”, where the book claimed occult ceremonies took place, was nothing more than a small pipe well that gave access to them if they needed to be repaired. No “demonic face” had ever appeared on the bricks inside of the fireplace. He also noted that the original front door of the house (blown off its hinges in the book) was still in place and intact. In addition, he found a writer for the local newspaper that had also been suspicious of the story. After some searching, the columnist discovered that the Lutz’s had returned the day after “fleeing” from the house to hold a garage sale. He also charged that during their “28-day nightmare” that never once called the police for assistance, something that would have been commonly done under the circumstances. The list of things that did not happen in the house went on and on and to Kaplan (and to most everyone who listened to his rational arguments), the evidence for an “Amityville Hoax” was overwhelming.

Jim and Barbara Cromarty, who later moved into the house, also maintained that it was not haunted. Because of the problems they had experienced with the curiosity-seekers, they sued the hardcover and paperback publishers of the “Amityville Horror”, as well as Jay Anson and George and Kathy Lutz. They stated that the entire case had been a put-on from the beginning and it had “blighted their lives”. The suit was later settled with the new occupants for an undisclosed amount.

This, along with the publication of “The Amityville Horror Conspiracy” by Stephen Kaplan, should have put an end to the case, but it did not. In fact, more than two decades later, people still often question the facts behind the case and the real events that may, or may not, have occurred in Amityville. Today, most researchers concede that the story was mostly, if not entirely, fabricated. To the general public though, the truth remains much more of a shadowy thing and some theorists who believe that there are still things about the story that do not add up will point to a string of tragedies that surround the case.

- Paul Hoffman, the writer who penned the original story for newspapers and for “Good Housekeeping” magazine, died a few years after the story broke under mysterious circumstances.

- Jay Anson, author of the best-selling book, made a fortune from the story but died shortly after he received his first million dollar advance for his next book. That book, an occult novel entitled “666“, was a failure.

- Demonologist Ed Warren, suffered a heart attack a few years after his initial investigations of Amityville. He maintained the illness was caused by the house.

- David Cromarty, the son of the house’s new owners, died an early, tragic death. He used the bedroom that had once belonged to Ronald DeFeo for several years.

- Dr. Stephen Kaplan, who took on the hoaxers, almost died from a major heart attack in 1976 and then passed away several years later. His death was untimely and cut short a distinguished career. He would not live to see his book on the case published.

Some would say that the house “got them” but others would admit that these events are nothing more than strange coincidences that have been arranged to look like something they most likely are not. To this author, they are a perfect example of this entire case as a whole... a blending of fact with fiction in an attempt to titillate and terrify the American public.

Sources:
The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson (1977)
The Amityville Horror Conspiracy by Dr. Stephen Kaplan (1995)
ESP, Hauntings and Poltergeists by Loyd Auerbach (1986)
The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by Rosemary Ellen Guiley (2000)
True Tales of the Unknown: Beyond Reality by Sharon Jarvis (1991)
The Encyclopedia of Ghosts by Daniel Cohen (1984)

(C) Copyright 2001 by Troy Taylor. All Rights Reserved.

Ghosts of the Prairie Home Page

http://www.prairieghosts.com/amityville.html

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2008, 10:24:04 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 09-26-2005 09:52 PM                       
The Warrens Investigate: The Amityville Horror

Note: This article contains some of the only photos ever taken inside this house.
There are more in the photo gallery.

Ed and Lorraine Warren’s most famous case by far is their investigation of the home which was the subject of The Amityville Horror. The Warrens were 2 of 9 people who investigated the home. Even now, 24 years later, the Amityville investigation is their most requested lecture topic. We’ve included some photos here on the website, but to see the most shocking, revealing, and interesting photographs, you’ll need to attend one of the Warrens’ many lectures.

Over the years, rumors have abounded which claim to prove the Amityville case a fraud. How these rumors started and how they became so ubiquitous is unclear; what is clear is that the Warrens saw the house for themselves, and experienced some of the phenomena which occurred. They have photographs and reports which show remarkable proof of the existence of very remarkable phenomena in that house.

It’s believed that the hoax rumor began with a man who called himself Dr. Steven Kaplan, although he held no doctorate degree from any university. This fact was exposed on several occasions, yet that never stopped Mr. Kaplan from making these claims. He was the self-proclaimed president of the Parapsychology Society of Long Island and some other related societies, presumably founded by himself. As far as the Warrens can tell, he hated them because Mr. Lutz, the owner of the Amityville Horror home called Mr. Kaplan prior to calling the Warrens, and asked him to investigate the situation. Mr. Kaplan came to the home to “investigate” with 6 witches and the Channel 7 news team, and Mr. Lutz threw Mr. Kaplan off the property---and then called the Warrens. This started a 20 year vendetta of Mr. Kaplan against the Warrens.

The basic claims of Mr. Kaplan insisting Amityville to be a hoax were discussed with Ed Warren and Mr. Kaplan on a Long Island radio show. Kaplan insisted that Amityville was a hoax because Jay Anson’s book, The Amityville Horror, has some inconsistencies in it, and it was not 100% accurate. The Warrens felt that Mr. Anson’s book was not 100% accurate as well, but only because Mr. Anson was unfamiliar with the terms of art of the field of demonology, not because of any purposeful error on his or Mr. Lutz’s part. Apparently Mr. Kaplan simply could not let go of the idea that he had ruined his chance to become involved in what may be the world’s most famous paranormal investigation, and therefore started the rumor that it was all a hoax.

Mr. Kaplan wrote a book concerning the Amityville story, called The Amityville Conspiracy, and one week before the book was published he died from a heart attack. The book contains far more contradictions and mis-stated facts than The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson. Kaplan was never even inside of the Amityville house (except to attend a party--not as part of an investigation), despite his claims to the contrary.

Kaplan nevertheless swore that he had photographs and investigative materials. Ed Warren offered him $5000 to show him the hoax evidence, yet Kaplan declined. When Ed Warren asked how Kaplan had conducted his investigation, Kaplan couldn’t even specify what equipment he’d used. Somehow, he managed to lie his way out of every possible detail.

Ultimately, a Babylon, NY radio station made Mr. Kaplan apologize to the Warrens because they’d uncovered that Kaplan had fabricated the hoax rumor. Kaplan said on the radio program, “I will never go against the Warrens again.” Given his health, he was never able to try, although his apology was short- lived.

The Warrens found that Mr. Lutz’s descriptions of the paranormal activity in the home were very accurate for a case of demonic possession, although the Lutz’s had never studied demonology--they would not have know how to fabricate the story that they told.

But why is the hoax story so popular? Part of the reason was that the chief of police’s son was a newspaper reporter, and the police hoped to get vandals out of the area--since the story had broken, the traffic in the area had been nonstop. An erroneous story was printed in Newsday about how the Amityville case was a hoax, and that helped to perpetuate the hoax myth.

But who would have profited from fabricating such a story? The Lutzes received little or no money from the books and movies. Jay Anson, the author of The Amityville Horror surely profited from his book, but it seems that no one else did. Another rumor persists that the Lutz’s lawyer, Attorney Webber, fabricated the story with them over several bottles of wine. Truth be told, the Lutzes didn’t drink and had only a bottle of blessed wine in the house given to them by Father Pecoraro. Rumor has it that Webber wanted to write his own book, but Jay Anson simply beat him to it.

Jay Anson, author of The Amityville Horror had a heart attack while he was writing the last chapter of the book. He recovered from this heart attack but had a second, fatal heart attack while writing his second book “666” on the anti-Christ. These are only two of the many “coincidences” that plague the Amityville story.

What follows is a short version of the Warrens’ own story about their Amityville investigation. This was compiled from their oral history taken during a NESPR meeting in October, 1997 (these classes are open to the public--details on how and where to attend are included elsewhere in this web site) We’ve included it here to help dispel the rumors that Amityville was a hoax. The New England Society for Psychic Research strongly believes that only through dissemination of accurate information concerning paranormal activity can the public be informed that such activity really exists--and that evil is among us. It is not until the public understands that this is so that we can begin to combat such forces in our midst. As long as fraud stories persist, and as long as people who experience real such trauma are ridiculed, Satan and evil forces can continue to do their work here on earth. It is only through information and understanding that good can prevail.

History of the property: The property was used as a sort of insane asylum for Native Americans who were sick and dying. There had been an enclosure on the property, where the patients were housed. Inhuman spirits revel in such suffering and are able to infest the graves of those who were buried in unconsecrated ground.

Background: The problems at the Amityville house seemed to stem from the Ronald DeFeo murders on November 13, 1974. Mr. DeFeo hated his father and had plotted to kill him--he’d even worked out a scheme by which he could do so. Mr. DeFeo was on drugs, and his father knew about it. Later he said that there was a shadow ghost alongside of him during the killings which compelled him to shoot his two brothers and his sister at 3:15 am on November 13, 1974. Although the houses in this quiet Amityville neighborhood were only 40 feet apart, no neighbors awoke during the shootings. All of the victims were found on their stomachs. The Warrens believe that the victims were in a state of phantomania, which in effect paralyzed them, making them unable to cry out for help.

How the Warrens became involved: Ed and Lorraine Warren met with a priest, Father Pecararo, and the Lutzes when they were first called in to investigate. The Lutzes were living at Mrs. Lutz’s mother’s house in Deer Park, NY because they were too afraid to go back to the house to live. They were all but afraid to even speak of the phenomena, so deep was their fear. They’d even left all of their furniture and possessions behind, not daring to return to move out--it simply wasn’t worth the risk.

The first time the Warrens went to the house it was with an anchorman from the Channel 5 news, a professor from Duke University, and the president of the American Society for Psychic Research. That first day was horrifying. Lorraine received nonstop clairvisual and clairaudial messages about the phenomena which had occurred.

Anxious to see for himself whether or not the phenomena was real, Ed, who normally experiences little clairvoyant feelings at all, went into the cellar. The cellar is typically where evil spirits spend their days, and Ed therefore felt that would be the best place for him to start. Despite his usual immunity from witnessing phenomena, Ed saw shadows along with thousands of pinpoints of light. These shadows attempted to push him to the ground. Ed used religious resistance and commanded the evil spirits to leave. He immediately got the sensation of something attempting to lift him off of the ground, and he knew then that this was truly a house of evil. Although he knew that this was serious case, he had no idea how severe it really was. He has never been so seriously affected in any case before, or after, the Amityville Horror case.

Lorraine’s Experiences: Lorraine was frightened even before she’d entered the house. She’d contacted some priest friends in advance and asked them to accompany her in spirit into the house. She took relics with her of Padre Pio which she’d received in a letter from a total stranger earlier in the week.

As she went to the stairs to go to the 2nd floor landing, she felt as if there was a huge force of rushing water against her, and the atmosphere around here was solidifying.

On the second floor, Lorraine went into the sewing room. Marvin Scott, the Channel 5 anchorman, told Lorraine, “I hope that this is as close to hell as I ever get,” as they went into Missy’s room. Lorraine immediately clairvoyantly knew that Missy’s room had the same furniture as it had when the DeFeo girls were murdered. Mr. Lutz had let his children sleep in the DeFeo children’s death beds.

In the master bedroom, one wall was all mirrors. Lorraine sat on the bed where the DeFeo parents had been shot. Only the mattress on the bed had been changed. The feeling in the rooms was that of absolute horror, and going from room to room did not dissipate the feeling at all. One just seemed more horrible than the next.

On the third floor, Lorraine clairvoyantly encountered Ronald DeFeo. This encounter was so awful, and he was so sinister, that she felt there was absolutely nothing she could do to help--or eject--his spirit from the house.

Once she was downstairs again, she was asked to do something she had never wanted to do after entering the house--she was asked to communicate with the spirits in the house and ask what had really happened. All of the investigators were in the room. The investigator from Duke University actually passed out cold from fear! Two of the other investigators complained of heart palpitations and had to rest on the floor. The house seemed to have the most dire effect on men. Mary Pascarella, the Director of a prominent psychic research group in New Haven, actually became so ill that she had to be taken outside and from that moment forward she never entered the house again.

Ed and Lorraine Warren left a 1:00am. Both were so affected that they vowed they’d never go back into that house again. But they did....and the Amityville Horror story was born.

http://www.warrens.net/amityvill.htm

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #298 on: January 20, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 09-26-2005 09:58 PM                       
Hi Jennifer, I've just been busy with my summer. Now that it's pretty much over, hopefully there will be more time to concentrate on ghosts again.

Hey, Mish, hope that the ghost hunting is going well and that we see you here again before Halloween!

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »

Pagan

Member # 2369

Member Rated:
   posted 09-26-2005 10:04 PM                       
Well gee, Sandra, so nice to see you again!!

My third favorite person here behind Michelle and Aphrodyke! :;

--------------------
╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: