Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 05:00:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 8459 times)
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2008, 03:50:26 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 12:10 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2008, 03:51:23 pm »

Topic: Communicating with the Dead 
rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 12:15 AM                       
Unk,

I sent you 2 messages.....

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000215;p=7
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2008, 03:51:47 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 12:16 AM                       
private?

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2008, 03:52:06 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 12:18 AM                       
Yes,

When you go to the main board you will see a blinking by your name....

--------------------
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2008, 03:52:25 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 12:28 AM                       
Thank You So much Rocky, Luv yah babe

I will make sure my mother gets this...

[ 07-30-2005, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2008, 03:52:45 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-30-2005 06:17 AM                       
Unk - I just woke up and read about your mom's cancer. I am so sorry. I will make sure to send all my wishes to you and your family right now. It's no wonder you want to lash out at everything, but you are being nothing but sincere and hurt and are not offending anyone by doing so, so don't be sorry to us for your sadness. Just keep us posted on how she(and you) are doing and if any of us can help in any way. Or yell and scream if you want (can you do that by computer?)... we'll be here for that too if that's what you need, my friend. My best wishes to your mom,and you - Mish
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2008, 03:53:12 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 07-30-2005 06:36 AM                       
God bless you unknown, channel all that wild man energy into healing energy.

blessings

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2008, 03:53:36 pm »

Heidi Paget

Member # 2243

Rate Member   posted 07-30-2005 07:42 PM                       
Sorry about your mom, Unknown, she is in my prayers, too.
Report Spam   Logged

Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:35 pm »

Heidi Paget

Member # 2243

Rate Member   posted 07-30-2005 08:02 PM                       
From Amazon.com about Journey of Souls by Michael Newton:

One of the most important books you'll ever read!, December 10, 1999
Reviewer: "technobliss" (Reno, NV USA) - See all my reviews
As a reader of hundreds of books on the mystical, the occult, spirituality, etc. (Robert Monroe, Jane Roberts, Castaneda, Tibetan Book of the Dead, Lobsang Rampa, Theosophy, Yogananda, Chuang-Tzu, Dion Fortune, Eckankar, etc., just to give you an idea of what I brought to reading this book), I can only say that I was ASTONISHED by this book. There are so many questions answered here for which I've never gotten satisfactory answers: for example, how suicide affects karma, why humans are so often evil (and what happens to them when they die), what the ultimate goal and purpose of life is (stated everywhere, especially in Christianity) but for some reason this is the first explanation that has made any sense to me. This description of the nature of the universe and our place within it is fully compatible with discoveries in quantum physics, is simultaneously scientific and spiritual. I experienced profound shifts while reading this book- am changed by it. I cannot recommend it enough. If you buy only one book this year, make it this one!

Thanks, Rockessence, I think I will be picking this up.

[ 07-30-2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Heidi Paget ]
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:56 pm »

Heidi Paget

Member # 2243

Rate Member   posted 07-30-2005 08:09 PM                       
Couldn't find the thread on grief in OBE, Docyabut. I am very sorry you lost your father, too. I doubt that the hurt ever really goes away for any of us.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-30-2005 08:17 PM                       
Thanks Heidi,

I underline what he says above..."If you buy only one book this year, make it this one!"

My husband (Jack)and I heard Michael Newton speak on Art Bell about a year before Jack died. For that whole year I remember wishing I knew what the guy's name was so I could find out more. Later on I heard him back on Art's show again and then was able to get his two books.

It changed everything I felt....from the grief over Jack to my perception of my own life and purpose.

Run don't walk, to get Journey of Souls.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:37 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-31-2005 05:39 AM                       
Heidi - Sorry about your Dad. Also, welcome to the group. I just ordered Journey of the Souls as well since I looked into it and I read the same sort of incredible reviews. It ought to get here in a few days. Thanks for the book tip, Rocky.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:58 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-31-2005 07:37 PM                       
Unknown, I am sorry about your mom, she will be in my prayers.

Heidi, I lost my father, too, but the one thing losing him has taught me is that we never really lose someone, they are always with us in one form or another. I feel my father watching over me. In fact, if you read earlier in this thread, it was seeing his ghost that started my own quest into the supernatural.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-31-2005 07:39 PM                       
Rockessence, actually I have never heard of "Journey of Souls" until you brought it up. After reading all the glowing reviews, I'm ordering it, too.

Mish, can't wait to hear about the results of your spirit photography. I would also like to know the conditions with which you're doing it, too!
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2008, 09:58:03 pm »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-31-2005 07:42 PM                       
The Borley Rectory

The haunting of the Borley Rectory during the 1920s and 1930s, is undoubtedly one of the most famous in Britain, as well as being one of the most controversial. There seems to be a consensus among many people that the rectory was never really haunted at all, all phenomena being put down to fraud, misinterpreted natural phenomena, and the will of Harry Price to create an interesting case. The wealth of sightings and experiences by independent witnesses, suggests that although much of the phenomena can be explained in rational terms, a percentage remains which can still be seen as inexplicable at the present time.

History
The rectory was built in 1863, on the site of an old Benedictine Monastery for the Reverend H.D.E Bull and his family. In 1892 the Reverend Bull died in the Blue Room. Harry Bull then took over from his father until 1927, when he also passed away in the Blue Room, now with a reputation as the haunted room of the house.

After a year standing empty, the Rev Eric Smith and his wife moved in, and lived there for three years. It was during this time that Harry Price stayed over at the house for three days, as part of his long-term investigations. In October 1930, the Rev L.A Foyster and his wife Marianne moved in, and stayed for 5 years. In 1935 (after the Foysters had moved out) the property was leased to Harry Price for a whole year, the results of which were published in The Most Haunted House in England.

The rectory was gutted by fire in 1939 when the occupier, Captain William Gregson, who had bought the property, accidentally turned over an oil lamp near a bookstand. The fire caught hold quickly destroying the rectory beyond repair. The ruin was finally demolished in 1944.

Ghostly sightings, Legends and Strange Phenomena
From around 1885, there were sightings of a ghostly nun in the grounds of the rectory, and poltergeist activity was observed. According to local lore, the ghostly nun was the spirit of a 13th century nun from a local convent, who had fallen in love with a monk from the local monastery. They were said to have fled from the area in a coach and horses. Captured shortly afterwards, they were brought to swift justice; the monk was hanged, and the nun was walled up inside the convent. It is difficult to say whether this story had been around for a long time, or was a result of sightings during the Reverend Bulls tenancy.

What is certain, is that there are a lot of reports of sightings during the time that H.D.E Bull and his son Harry were in residence. In 1886 a nurse is said to have left because of strange phenomena, possibly phantom footsteps. Around 1900, the two sisters of Harry Bull saw the ghostly nun in the garden during the daytime. Many local people were also witness to the spectre.

Mr and Mrs Edward Cooper, who lived in a cottage near to the rectory saw the ghost, and also witnessed a phantom coach and horses. The Bulls must have taken the strange happenings in their stride, as they were in residence until the death of Harry Bull in the Blue Room in 1927. It must be noted that Harry Bull had jokingly remarked that he would return after his death, and make his presence known by throwing mothballs around, he must have had a good sense of humour. In the year after the reverend's death, in the time when Borley was unoccupied, the ghostly nun was seen several more times by local witnesses.

The next real concentration of reports comes from Eric Smith and his wife. During their short stay they complained of mysterious footsteps, doorbells ringing of their own accord, and phantom stone throwing. In response to this poltergeist phenomena, the reverend phoned the Daily Mirror, who sent along a reporter, and then contacted Harry Price from the SPR. So began his long and controversial association with the rectory.

His first response was to ask permission to stay at the Rectory for a short period of time. While staying there, Price witnessed first hand the poltergeist activity, and is said to have got in touch with a spirit, (The Reverend Bull) while holding a seance in the Blue Room. The phenomena continued and the Smiths, having enough of either the haunting, or the publicity had left by 1930.

The next residents were the Reverend Lionel Foyster, and his wife Marianne Foyster. The strange events within the rectory continued, and the Foysters were witness to poltergeist phenomena, ranging from smashed glasses and stone throwing, to mysterious writing on the walls. Marianne is also said to have been thrown from her bed by a strange force. The strange writing is the most curious part of the phenomena, which defies mistaken identification of natural events, although a rational explanation cannot be ruled out in any circumstance.

The Foysters left after a five-year stay, and Price now got the opportunity to study the rectory in isolation, with a team of different researchers. Price leased the property from June 1937 to 1938, but the results were relatively disappointing in comparison to what had been observed before. An account of the haunting was published by Price in 'The Most Haunted House in England'.

Even after the rectory had burned to the ground, strange events are still said to have occurred, and there has been relatively recent phenomena observed in the Parish Church.

Harry Price died in 1948, and since then many authors have pulled apart his work at the rectory, explaining all recorded phenomena as misinterpreted natural occurrences, hoaxing and hearsay.
For more on Borley check out one of the most informative web sites on the subject at: www.borleyrectory.com

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/hauntings/borley.html

[ 07-31-2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Sandra Taylor ]
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: