Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 05:39:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 8462 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2008, 02:45:10 am »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 06-03-2005 12:01 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sandra Taylor:

I'll tell you all about my experiences with seeing my father. He died about a year ago so the grief I have towards him dying is still very fresh in my mind. The first time I saw him was only a couple of days after he died and it was very startling. He was sitting in this chair in my apartment and just staring at me. While he was alive, my father only came to my apartment once, but he was sitting in the same chair he'd been in while he came to visit. After being startled at first by his appearance, I actually wasn't that afraid. I know my father would never hurt me and I got the feeling that he only came because he cared about me so much and wanted to see how I was doing. I looked away, and when I looked back again, he was gone.

He actually has visited me two more times since then. Once, I awoke from an afternoon nap and saw him standing over me, and then he walked into the closet and disappeared. The other time, he was sitting in the chair again, just staring at me. I just said something like, "it's okay, Dad, you can go now," and I haven't seen him since. I've never gotten close enough to him to actually put my hand through him, but he doesn't look quite real when I see him. He's also a few years younger than he was at the time when he died.

Each time he appeared, I've never been afraid, and he seems to appear simply to comfort me. Maybe I am insane, but I am certain of what I saw. Even today, I can still feel his presence around me at times, when I'm troubled about something, even if I can no longer see him. I was very close with my father while he was alive, in case you couldn't tell.

My experiences, seeing my father are what has got me interested in pursuing the whole idea of life after death. I would like to learn more about how to communicate with him, and wish I had seized the opportunity at the time, if only to find out more of what the afterlife is like. He doesn't say anything, just stares, and I don't exactly know what he is trying to say, I can just sense it.

I'm not certain what would happen if I took a picture. I've seen ghost pictures before and usually they look like bad exposures. Most spirit photography seems to be faked. On the other hand, there are things like EVP and automatic writing that I tend to believe in a little more as methods of contacting the dead.

I believe you Sandra cuz I had an experience with an 80 year old neighbor who was known as Grandma to all the kids in the neighborhood. Anyway I was in my teens when she died but earlier in life I got a glimpse of her bingo buddies. Anyway after the funeral and everyone being depressed, I had this dream that I came down the stairs during sunrise and saw her meet up with her bingo buddies right in our camp. I, in my dream, got halfway down the stairs, she looked at me and I her and her body language and eye language seem to convey that death wasn't to be feared but had a reunion feel to it and a sense of release from the Earthly plane. Given the suns position at that time it felt like it was around the 9 am hour. Of course being a teen I was like, I'm watching dead people congregate in my house, freaked out, woke up and headed downstairs to find the room empty but the sun in nearly the same position with the same warm feel of the room I had in my dream.

I told my parents about what happened and how I reassured her family that she was comfortable in the afterlife and they (my parents) told me never to bring it up to anyone in her family again.

To this day I've wondered why she met her friends in the after-life in my family's camp.

Okay Norm;  what we are dealing with here is now beyond the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dimesions, length, width, height, time. Thanks to Richard Hoagland and his lectures on Martian tetrahedral geometry we now know that events that start in the higher dimensions manifest themselves in the lower ones eventually. The spirit world operates much the same way it appears. This is what I mean by politics, religions are so worried about their base that they see all sciences as evil-detractors. 

Let's not forget it was in the South where they had to pass laws requiring that kids of religious zealots were to be taken to the hospitals for treatable illnesses. This was becuase the zealots had themselves convinced that man's surgical hands weren't to be trusted in place of the Divine's and that prayer was the only acceptable form of treatment. That was until a poor kid died from a treatable stomach illness and the doctor sued the family for neglect cuz it had gotten in the advance stages. So try to keep an open mind with emerging sciences okay. 
Posts: 6625 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Oct 2000   
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2008, 02:45:56 am »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 06-03-2005 12:07 AM                       

quote:

[QB] Hi again Sandra,

My experiences, seeing my father are what has got me interested in pursuing the whole idea of life after death. I would like to learn more about how to communicate with him, and wish I had seized the opportunity at the time, if only to find out more of what the afterlife is like. He doesn't say anything, just stares, and I don't exactly know what he is trying to say, I can just sense it.

Yeah it was the same thing in my dream/vision.  Shocked
Posts: 6625 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Oct 2000
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:46:28 am by Sandra » Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2008, 02:46:58 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 06-10-2005 01:55 AM                       
Volitzer, we are reunited with our family members in the afterlife, and death is not something to be feared. It is a change in our existence, is all. Like an embryo becomes a baby and a baby becomes a young adult. Nothing that lives ever truly dies, it just changes it's energy and form.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:44 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 06-10-2005 02:02 AM                       

quote:
Your father has not gone into some great void oif nothingness, he has continued his journey and the seperation from you is only temporary. Treat it as such and when you are reunited you will have a wealth more to share than if you had put him completely out of your mind simply because he was not in the same room with you.

Thank you for that very thoughtful reply, Absonite. I do treat my absence from my father as temporary and I know I will see him again.

I believe we live our lives over and over again, with the same people, and we keep doing it until we get it right. Only then do we pass on.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2008, 02:48:14 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 06-10-2005 02:06 AM                       
Norman, I don't know why you think I'm crazy for seeing my father's ghost. Even your Bible tells us that spirits exist. I wish you'd learn to temper your remarks so we can spend less time discussing them and more on the research.

Trent, thanks for sticking up for me.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:07 am »

ignorant_ape
Member # 1121

Rate Member   posted 06-10-2005 03:01 AM                       
Mr Pounders

see : keeping this as polite as posible

i dont want to assume your position on metaphysical matters , BUT you self label as " christian " so may i for a moment assume the following of you :

i ) you believe in a higher power [ specifically the god of the bible ]

ii ) you belive that you have a soul

iii ) you believe that " post motrem " your soul { ii } has a special destiny promised by your god { i }

the punch line is of course - how do you KNOW this , i acept that you believe it [ though naturally i disagree ]

before further denigrating peoples unfounded beliefs , please consider your own carefully

i will not call you a hypocrite yet [ on this ussue at least ]

i am being friendly today  Smiley

but you know i i am itching to  Cheesy

--------------------
YRS - APE

Posts: 730 | From: in your face Tongue | Registered: Aug 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:52 am »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 06-13-2005 08:02 PM                       

quote:
Mr Pounders

see : keeping this as polite as posible

i dont want to assume your position on metaphysical matters , BUT you self label as " christian " so may i for a moment assume the following of you :

i ) you believe in a higher power [ specifically the god of the bible ]

ii ) you belive that you have a soul

iii ) you believe that " post motrem " your soul { ii } has a special destiny promised by your god { i }

the punch line is of course - how do you KNOW this , i acept that you believe it [ though naturally i disagree ]

before further denigrating peoples unfounded beliefs , please consider your own carefully

i will not call you a hypocrite yet [ on this ussue at least ]

i am being friendly today

but you know i i am itching to

Sorry to miss your post, Ignorant Ape, I'm attacked around here on an everyday basis so often it’s hard to keep track of them all and put each of you back in your place.

I know these things because of one simple thing, faith perhaps you've heard of it. No, of course not, atheists like yourself only seem to scoff at things you can’t see.

In regards to how my faith has anything to do with Sandra and her predilection towards seeing "spirits," well, I don't entirely discount the idea that she might have seen them. However, she seems to have only seen her father in times of stress so clearly she was simply hysterical.  Smiley

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2008, 02:50:20 am »

Zodiac

Member # 2231

Member Rated:
   posted 07-06-2005 06:05 AM                       
You'll all excuse me for drawing this one out of the mothballs once again, but I think we could use a little more research into our communication with the dead!

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share, similar to Sandra's?

And Sandra, I believe your story, too, by the way.
Posts: 260 | From: the Netherworld | Registered: Nov 2004   

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2008, 02:51:09 am »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-06-2005 07:23 AM                       
I just ran across this thread and have been discussing hauntings with Brig elsewhere...but with a lot less tormenting! Round up the wolves, I'm gunna tell you guys a whopper...

Here's a brief sum up of my story. (You can read more on the haunting thread too).

I have personally seen 5 sightings of what many would consider 'ghosts'. One dog, one cat, and three different run-ins with people. This all happened in the same house called Spring Cottage (a 400 year old cottage I lived in in England as a teen). I had never before, or since, seen anything like what I saw at there, and this is the main reason I persued the sciences throughout my life... to try to explain what I saw in this house. Ghosts have been my 'hobby' now for years. It is why I joined this forum.

As a result of all the strange happenings at Spring Cottage my brother made a ouija board. It worked very quickly and gave us a lot of broken information that many people, including children, had died there all about the same time. I wanted to believe at the time that it WAS indeed my brain moving the planchette across the ouija board, and creating the 'ghosts' I kept seeing because at the time I didn't believe in any afterlife or religion for that matter.

Fast forward 20+ years, and many books later I decided to research the history of Spring Cottage, as you can do this without any owner permission. Turns out that Spring Cottage sits on a large, clean well of water and so it was used as a local hospital during the Black Plague (summer of 1695 I believe..) and a lot of people died there at once - including children.

The ouija board was correct.(Insert creepy music here :-) I saw five 'ghosts' at Spring Cottage among many other strange occurences (stereos going that weren't plugged in, noises of children playing ball in the hallways at 2am, etc, etc)and since I have not had another experience like this yet in my life I cannot believe that it is something 'in my head'. I think the HOUSE was haunted, and not me, so I have been investigating the phenomenon of 'ghosts'and hauntings ever since.

Okay. Let the ridicule begin! (No worries... After 20+ years I am used to people telling me that they can't possible believe this. I certainly understand as I would have NEVER believed it had it not happened directly to me.)

Better go - I can feel Norm and Absonite just waiting to pounce.... heh heh heh

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2008, 02:52:03 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-07-2005 01:29 AM                       
Welcome, Mish, it is nice to have you aboard, another person with the same interests we all share. Don't worry about ridicule from others, Norman may be a bit abrasive, but I believe that Absonite tries to understand people. When you say you've been investigating the phenomenon of ghosts and hauntings, do you mean actual field investigation?

You might have read earlier in this post that I have seen my father's ghost as well. The experience wasn't menacing, though, not like yours seems to have been. I got a comforting feeling out of seeing him, I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2008, 02:54:17 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-07-2005 01:31 AM                       
And thank you for your belief in me, Zodiac, I have been meaning to work in this again for awhile now, but until lately, haven't had much time.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2008, 02:55:26 am »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-07-2005 08:04 AM                       
Sandra, Yes I do a bit of field investigating, but not much these days as I am the full time mom of 2 little ones. I go to (public, so far) places reputed to be haunted, run video, take photos, and record in case of EVP. I've gotten a few interesting photos, but not much else. My next place to investigate is going to be the LittleBigHorn Battlefield (where Custer's last stand was). Apparently that place is crawling with images and sounds of the past.

I did read about your experience seeing your father and though I guess I must have given a 'menacing' impression of my 'ghosts', it wasn't that way at all. It was VERY much how you described - I felt calmed and unafraid of them somehow (after the initial shock of seeing them wore off) and was very distressed to learn we were moving as I didn't want to leave my 'ghosts' behind. They comforted me somehow and I missed them when we moved a few towns away and they didn't follow. I even asked them to follow, in case that would work, and it didn't.

Oh, I also always got the sense they wanted to tell me something too, like your dad, but couldn't. I could sense them hanging around me a lot in that house even when I couldn't see them. A lot of what goes on when you see ghosts is in your 'gut', I've learned, and not something you can document. That's why it's hard for scientists to take this stuff seriously. So much of it isn't about data and numbers you can observe.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2008, 02:57:31 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 07-07-2005 11:17 PM                       
Mish, I think that, as a rule, ghosts tend to haunt places more than they do people, and yet, my father was definitely "haunting" me, I guess would be the term. When you saw your ghosts, were they visible for a long time? My father was actually there for several moments, just looking at me. When I saw him, he didn't seem quite real, and yet, he lingered in the room for many long moments and I was certain that I saw him there. When I turned away and looked back again, he was gone.

I'm impressed that you've done so much field work into this. I've done a little, but had a creepy experience once while doing it alone once and so I've tapered off on it a bit. In the fall, I'm going to resume it with my boyfriend, because the two of us share similar interests. I've found it's almost impossible to photograph a ghost. Even the recordings don't turn out that well, a lot of disortions that weren't part of the original sounds are on the tapes.

I'm envious about your trip to Little Bighorn. A lot of old battlefields tend to have ghosts on them.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000215;p=5
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2008, 02:58:12 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 07-08-2005 04:42 AM                       
Sorry guys, I did`n see this tread on Communicating with the Dead and am very interested since my dad jut passed on to.

My question is how do we really know that ghosts are not just a figuration of the mind? When my kids were little, they only went to one funeral of their uncle`s. After that everytime they went in the basement (no where else in the house.) They come up yelling they seen his ghost.There were two other uncle`s that died just before that and they didn`t see theirs.
Posts: 7892 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000   

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2008, 02:59:13 am »

shedthefear

Member # 2490

posted 07-08-2005 09:45 AM                       

quote:
 My next place to investigate is going to be the LittleBigHorn Battlefield (where Custer's last stand was).

Mish – I would be extremely interested in your results, I have been to a few different Civil war battle fields around the U.S. and in my humble opinion I believe there are ghosts/spirits that still linger in those places. Although I don’t have irrefutable proof….. 

quote:
 I go to (public, so far) places reputed to be haunted, run video, take photos, and record in case of EVP.

I am very interested in your findings. Have you been successful in capturing anything substantial? !? (Yes, that is excitment you are reading!)  Smiley

--------------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-STF-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: