Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 04:08:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 8456 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2008, 02:34:13 am »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-26-2005 11:32 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want some of what she's smoking,

Sandra, Absonite raises an interesting point. Why are so many of the women that come here seem to have psychological problems or are otherwise hysterical? Sandra, did you all meet in a mental ward or something?

[ 05-26-2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Norman Pounders ]

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2008, 02:34:39 am »

Seekerofknowledge

Member # 2439

Member Rated:
   posted 05-27-2005 02:41 PM                       
What is that noise?

--------------------
"the truth cannot be told, only found"

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2008, 02:35:18 am »

Seekerofknowledge

Member # 2439

Member Rated:
   posted 05-27-2005 02:45 PM                       
There it is again, oh wait thats just the dogma barking again.  Grin

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2008, 02:35:47 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-27-2005 03:59 PM                       
Sandra,
don't pay attention Norman, he can't help it.

Seriously though, would you tell us more about this first hand experience of yours. This is one of the most interesting thing I have seen in awhile since I think you are being truthful about it.
One thing I'm interested in is why you are not startled by this anymore. Anybody would be startled by such an experience I would think and if happened on a continuing basis they would be checking out their own sanity. Why aren't you?
How many times have you had the experience and what would happen if you took a picture? Can you put your hand through the image? Tell us what you will about it.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:13 am »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 05-27-2005 11:44 PM                       
Jen,

RE: "What are ghosts anyway but a continuation of consciousness"

I believe it has been shown that they are residual energy that was left at death. Very incomplete, though, and really lacking conciousness, as we recognise "conciousness".

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:45 am »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 05-30-2005 10:39 PM                       

quote:
RE: "What are ghosts anyway but a continuation of consciousness"

I believe it has been shown that they are residual energy that was left at death. Very incomplete, though, and really lacking conciousness, as we recognise "conciousness".

I believe that is a good way of putting it, Rockessence, however, it has to have some consciousness, else the dead would not be inclined to keep trying to contact us, which seems to be the whole point of this thread.

I think, as has been mentioned before, when someone dies, there's a brief period of time when their consciousness stays in this world before it passes on. For people who met their ends more violently, the period of time might last longer. That's just my own personal opinion, based on some of the things that I have read.

[ 05-31-2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Jennifer O'Dell ]
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2008, 02:37:33 am »

Sandra Taylor

Member # 2492

Member Rated:
   posted 05-31-2005 12:56 AM                       
Hi Trent,

I'll look for some new material to add to this later in the week.

Absonite,

I'll tell you all about my experiences with seeing my father. He died about a year ago so the grief I have towards him dying is still very fresh in my mind. The first time I saw him was only a couple of days after he died and it was very startling. He was sitting in this chair in my apartment and just staring at me. While he was alive, my father only came to my apartment once, but he was sitting in the same chair he'd been in while he came to visit. After being startled at first by his appearance, I actually wasn't that afraid. I know my father would never hurt me and I got the feeling that he only came because he cared about me so much and wanted to see how I was doing. I looked away, and when I looked back again, he was gone.

He actually has visited me two more times since then. Once, I awoke from an afternoon nap and saw him standing over me, and then he walked into the closet and disappeared. The other time, he was sitting in the chair again, just staring at me. I just said something like, "it's okay, Dad, you can go now," and I haven't seen him since. I've never gotten close enough to him to actually put my hand through him, but he doesn't look quite real when I see him. He's also a few years younger than he was at the time when he died.

Each time he appeared, I've never been afraid, and he seems to appear simply to comfort me. Maybe I am insane, but I am certain of what I saw. Even today, I can still feel his presence around me at times, when I'm troubled about something, even if I can no longer see him. I was very close with my father while he was alive, in case you couldn't tell.

My experiences, seeing my father are what has got me interested in pursuing the whole idea of life after death. I would like to learn more about how to communicate with him, and wish I had seized the opportunity at the time, if only to find out more of what the afterlife is like. He doesn't say anything, just stares, and I don't exactly know what he is trying to say, I can just sense it.

I'm not certain what would happen if I took a picture. I've seen ghost pictures before and usually they look like bad exposures. Most spirit photography seems to be faked. On the other hand, there are things like EVP and automatic writing that I tend to believe in a little more as methods of contacting the dead.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2008, 02:38:02 am »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-31-2005 09:35 PM                       
Sandra, allow me to be the first one to say so since it seems that everyone else is too sensitive towards the possibility of hurting your feelings. You are in dire need of a physician's attention if you are truly seeing these things. Please stop posting here and consult a psychiatrist. I have one all lined up for Dawn, perhaps you would like to see him as well.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2008, 02:38:31 am »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 05-31-2005 10:29 PM                       
Norman, I totally believe Sandra's story. If you have read anything about ghosts, this is how they tend to appear. Most ghosts are not threatening, we just have the impression they are from the movies.

There is one noticeable exception to that, the Bell Witch story from the 1800's. A very spooky poltergeist haunting that I think happened in Virginia.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2008, 02:39:19 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-31-2005 10:38 PM                       
Hi again Sandra,

quote:

My experiences, seeing my father are what has got me interested in pursuing the whole idea of life after death. I would like to learn more about how to communicate with him, and wish I had seized the opportunity at the time, if only to find out more of what the afterlife is like. He doesn't say anything, just stares, and I don't exactly know what he is trying to say, I can just sense it.

Sandra,
at this level the after life is no different than where you are now, at least not different in what matters. When you awake from your first "sleep" the only experience that you will have gained is the experience of awakening and knowing that you have continued. You will not be all wise and all knowing and able to "see" God or virtually anything else new. You will be right where you left off before death occurred. You will still have to learn how to get along with people, there will still be study, experience, music etc.
The act of prayer doesn't necesarily change God or Gods ways or much of anything else except that it changes the Pray-er. If you speak to or pray about your father, the inward growth and reflection and expansion of your continuing relationship with him will be enhanced no differently than if you were speaking face to face. Your father has not gone into some great void oif nothingness, he has continued his journey and the seperation from you is only temporary. Treat it as such and when you are reunited you will have a wealth more to share than if you had put him completely out of your mind simply because he was not in the same room with you. He will not be stagnant and neither should you.

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2008, 02:39:52 am »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-31-2005 10:44 PM                       
Jennifer, if you believe Sandra's story, you are almost as in need of help as she is.

Absonite, you should have stuck with your original reaction to Sandra's "story." The initial reaction is usually the correct one.  Smiley

--------------------

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2008, 02:42:37 am »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 05-31-2005 11:06 PM                       
Awww, don't you believe in ghosties, Normie??

And here, I thought you would after Jacob Marley came, chains rattling and all, to go and visit you on Christmas Eve! Humbug!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43:18 am »

Seekerofknowledge

Member # 2439

Member Rated:
   posted 05-31-2005 11:33 PM                       
Bark, bark bark

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:02 am »

Trent

Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted 06-01-2005 12:56 AM                       
Pounders, lay off Sandra, she is not going to be one of your victims.

And she actually did see the things she said she did. You'd know this stuff was possible if you cared enough to investigate any of it. She's not crazy, you sure seem to be, though, the way you and your boy Calvin treat all the women around here.

--------------------
"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:39 am »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 06-02-2005 10:55 PM                       
Norman, I have never personally seen a ghost, but I believe in their existence and find everything I've seen here, at the very least, credible.

The reason why you're knocking her is because you're prejudiced against women, simple as that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: