Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:36:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 9718 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2008, 10:31:23 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 10-18-2005 06:53 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi again everyone! Does anyone here have any sort of past-life memories? I don't, but all the info about children being closer to the 'other side' and therefore able to sense it better (thanx Pagan :-) hit home since I have kids that are 3 & 5. I'm not the kinda mom that tells them 'ghosts aren't real' or 'dreams aren't real', because by my own experiences it would make me a liar. I've lived in a haunted house, and had precognitive dreams myself. So, I tell them so. The confusion lies with the things they have learned from TV about ghosts and such (especially this time of year)so I yanked the cable last year - except in my husband's office - so now my babies are being totally braiwashed by their crazy, ghost-seeing mom instead of the media!Oh boy! Ha!

My son, the 5 year old, has always had very vivid dreams. For example, I just had tree trimmed that hangs over my house because my son took me out there last winter, pointed up to one particular, large, dead branch and told me he had a dream that it fell through the window of the house. He has had plenty of imaginary friends too, including an older woman who he said was a teacher named Miss Maury who would come and teach him things until me or daddy came in the room - then she 'shrinks into a little ball and flys off to the universe where me and daddy can't see her.' (Though, Miss Maury hasn't made an appearence since two years ago when we first moved to this house so I wonder what happened to her.) My son also says he sees my cats (both of whom are dead now and have been for years) all over the house. One cat never even lived at this residence. The cat visions scare him, and it has made him afraid of real cats somewhat. Do you suppose animals 'hang around' their former owners after they die? Two of my 'ghost sightings' in my haunted house back in the 80's were of animals, so between that, and my son's visions of my cats, I have always wondered...

Obviously, I take my sons dreams seriously because he does this kinda thing a lot and it seems that HE takes them very seriouly too, even at 5. I also think I mentioned before how when I asked my son if he remembered anything before me and daddy, he says he 'picked me out at the mommy store'.

Do any of you remember past lives, or have odd dreams that seem to reflect that? Do you think we are communicating with another realm when we dream sometimes? (I've personally had amazingly real dreams of talking with dead relatives in the past) Maybe when I 'go with my gut' on things, I am just doing what other lifetimes have taught me, and not really aware that that is what I consider my 'gut'...? I'm not sure if I believe in reincarnation myself, but I've always wondered... okay, I'm rambling now.... :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: