Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 04:46:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 9431 times)
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2008, 03:06:41 pm »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-18-2005 08:17 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandra - Not a believer in ghosts - eh? :-)

Yes, the spiritualism movement and it's subsequant offspring of fortune tellers is unfortunate. It is all this trickery that makes a real scientific study of the phenomenon nearly impossible. It is an area overflowing with fraud and I feel sorry for the poor souls who buy into it. There should be a stupidity tax on fortune tellers! :-) But since we are on the subject of medium tricks and such....

Can we discuss Ouija boards? :-)

Every cell in my body wants to tell me that it is a harmless and silly game that people make up stories for to perpetuate a myth. However, my brother made a homemade one when we lived in a 'haunted house' in england (see previous posts in hauntings to get the whole tamale') It gave us some eerily accurate information about a number of people, including children, dying in the house at about the same time. I found out a long time later, while researching the house, it was used as a hospital during the Black Plague of 1695.

This is TOO weird to be a coincedence. How did I get that information about a large number of people dying at this house unless it was from some OTHER source than my imagination? If my brother and I were controlling the Ouija with our subconcious (what I always WANTED to believe before this all played out) how did we know about the hospital/blk plague thing?? I'm not supporting any 'Ouija magic'or anything, and am normally very skeptical about such things, but I have never found a satisfactory explanation for the information I got out of the Ouija board. Any ideas?

I have been too chicken to try the Ouija again for over 15years, tho' I do own one just in case. I've heard too any stories on how it's like throwing the door open to your house and yelling for ANYONE to come over... you could draw a real psycho to you or something, and I have 2 kids to think about! :-) But, the skeptic in me WANTS to try it again as my house is over a century old and, who knows, it may have something to say.

Waddaya think?? Any thoughts on the mystery that is the Ouija Board???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: