Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:45:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead (Original)  (Read 8626 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2008, 02:51:09 am »

Mish

Member # 2552

posted 07-06-2005 07:23 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just ran across this thread and have been discussing hauntings with Brig elsewhere...but with a lot less tormenting! Round up the wolves, I'm gunna tell you guys a whopper...

Here's a brief sum up of my story. (You can read more on the haunting thread too).

I have personally seen 5 sightings of what many would consider 'ghosts'. One dog, one cat, and three different run-ins with people. This all happened in the same house called Spring Cottage (a 400 year old cottage I lived in in England as a teen). I had never before, or since, seen anything like what I saw at there, and this is the main reason I persued the sciences throughout my life... to try to explain what I saw in this house. Ghosts have been my 'hobby' now for years. It is why I joined this forum.

As a result of all the strange happenings at Spring Cottage my brother made a ouija board. It worked very quickly and gave us a lot of broken information that many people, including children, had died there all about the same time. I wanted to believe at the time that it WAS indeed my brain moving the planchette across the ouija board, and creating the 'ghosts' I kept seeing because at the time I didn't believe in any afterlife or religion for that matter.

Fast forward 20+ years, and many books later I decided to research the history of Spring Cottage, as you can do this without any owner permission. Turns out that Spring Cottage sits on a large, clean well of water and so it was used as a local hospital during the Black Plague (summer of 1695 I believe..) and a lot of people died there at once - including children.

The ouija board was correct.(Insert creepy music here :-) I saw five 'ghosts' at Spring Cottage among many other strange occurences (stereos going that weren't plugged in, noises of children playing ball in the hallways at 2am, etc, etc)and since I have not had another experience like this yet in my life I cannot believe that it is something 'in my head'. I think the HOUSE was haunted, and not me, so I have been investigating the phenomenon of 'ghosts'and hauntings ever since.

Okay. Let the ridicule begin! (No worries... After 20+ years I am used to people telling me that they can't possible believe this. I certainly understand as I would have NEVER believed it had it not happened directly to me.)

Better go - I can feel Norm and Absonite just waiting to pounce.... heh heh heh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: