Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 04:01:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis  (Read 19983 times)
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 08:58:13 pm »

site 6

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:01 pm »

site 7

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:54 pm »

site 8

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:38 pm »

Or ancient salt extraction workings??!!

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »

A sea of salt at the Salar de Uyuni also known as the Salar de Tunupa

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2007, 09:02:34 pm »

Present day salt collection at Colchani near Uyuni
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2007, 11:57:03 pm »

Hi Morrison
Cool pictures.

What is under the mounds of salt that it reflects the pile of salt?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2007, 09:39:20 am »

I think that's scraped salt rock, Q.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:42:22 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007, 11:07:42 am »

Amazing!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
julia

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007, 02:21:31 pm »

Where else Morrison? Atlantis In the Moon?? my Theory of Richat structure is more believeable than this..I am sorry, But not every ancient structure under the sea is not Atlantis..There are many places in the world once was a civilization and now it is under the water.Like Japan, India, Indonesia.etc..Not all them are Atlantis..How in the world would Greeks suppose to fight with The Bolivians??In 500 BC  even the Americas  were not known..
Even if I am an admirer of the Native American civilizations, this idea is ridiculous!
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2007, 03:13:23 pm »

It's only ridiculous if you haven't taken the time to study any of the research involved with any of this theory, Julia.  But then, I am not out to convince you, it seems your mind is closed and your attitude similar to Georgeos. 

The folly of many an Atlantis researcher is that they seem to settle on one theory that they like, to the exclusion of the possibility of all others. 

And the Americas were known to the Egyptians far longer than 500 ad., for your information.  In fact, traces of **** (grown only in the Americas) was found in Egyptian mummies.  Not only that, there is an ancient tradition of sea-faring in the Americas, and, only recently, the body of an Incan warrior was found with the Vikings.

Please try and get your facts straight before you begin your scoffing next time.  Thank you.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2007, 04:02:36 pm »

FOR ANYONE WHO DOUBTS MORRISON, PLEASE GO TO:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2524.0.html

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1784.0.html

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1580.0.html

It never ceases to amaze me that, by and large, people think the ancients were "dumb" and not at all "technically advanced", compared to us.

Personally, I think it is often the other way around......
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 04:22:47 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
julia

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2007, 06:03:30 pm »

Dear Morrison: was There a great civilization In Mid and South Americas.yes, I believe in Toltec, Olmec, Maya,Aztec, Inca Civilizations.They were big civilization./As big as european or egyptian.yes, the Inca and Aztec, may etc pyramids look like That we imaginwe Atlantis.but, How can be possible the Atlanteans made war with the Greeks??It must be an Ocean Power:))
I am sorry but, this Atlantis story becoming more ridiculous every day..I am not going to take place in the discussions anymore..Everybody has another idea and it is really confusing for me.I am not going to believe in Atlantis story anymore until someone finds the channels.thats it..
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2007, 12:41:53 am »

Thank you Bianca, I am glad that some people here have a dash of common sense.

Julia,

It is not confusing at all,  if you are confused it is because it is simply a case of too much listening to Georgeos.  At it's core, Atlantis was a great ocean empire, larger than Libya and Asia combined.  There is, as yet, no sunken continent uncovered in the Atlantic Ocean, so obviously, if we are looking for something of immense size, he must have been talking about the Americas.

(Bear in mind, Plato never visited it himself, nor Solon, he simply heard of it).

In Bolivia, there is the legend of Tunapa, which mirrors, precisely, the legend of Poseidon and Cleito.  There is a circular city surrounded by water.  There is evidence of ancient canals and agriculture.  The pyramids of Mesoamerica clearly are evidence of an advanced civilization, one that was on the rise even as Egypt was also beginning.  As George Erikson states, the older sections of the pyramids are the ones most perfect, meaning that people like the Mayans built over the work of their ancestors.  There are cities covered by centuries of forest growth  I am not sold that Bolivia held the capital city, but it is clear that this land was the one Plato wrote about, it fits almost all the criteria.

As for the Richat Structure being the capital of Atlantis, it was Ulf Richter who first brought that anomaly to our attention at the other forum years ago. There is no evidence of any advanced civilization thrived around it, artifacts from a few tribesman and that's all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:45:33 am by Morrison » Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2007, 03:03:52 am »

I do think the satellite pictures under the salt desert look too repetitive to be cities.  I would agree that they were previous "workings" of salt mining, collecting, gathering!!!

Scientists have drawn maps showing how they think the world looked in each of the differferent "ages".  We automatically assume these maps are correct and carry on.  However, even tho we know about plate tectonics, etc., we don't really know the lay of the land before the great cataclysm that seems to have almost destroyed the earth, the time when the earth stood still, and then started rotating in the opposite direction.  We are also finding that "humans" existed a lot farther back in history than what scientists have been dating our existance so far. 

We assume scientists are correct, afterall, they've studied for years to learn their trade, but they too, can be wrong.  We assume the earth was all one land mass in "the beginning".  That "beginning" was millions of years ago.  Help me out Rocky, how old does the Bok Saga make us?  If Atlantis existed, it was before the great cataclysm even, and remnants of it seem to be all over the place.  Perhaps civiliztion back then didn't call this planet earth.  Maybe this planet was called Atlantis because of all the water. 

The point is, we seem to think that since Plato is the only one who wrote about Atlantis, that WHAT he wrote is the Bible on Atlantis.  I think Plato himself didn't have a clue.  I'm sure he didn't actually.  Even Solon didn't have a clue until the priests enlightened him.  The priests probably didn't have any first hand knowledge either.  They were getting it from the written records. 

Having a bit of my own "science fiction" moment - What if this supposed city was actually a flying machine? What if it "appeared" that the city sunk because it disappeared, but actually just took off?  What if an earthquake did happen and it was expected so the thing flew off, and the earthquake left a muddy mess, and people actually thought the place sunk in the mud? 

But getting back on track here, I see no reason not to consider S. America as a possibility for a part of Atlantis since the land mass of the earth was very, very different back then. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: