Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:20:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis  (Read 19588 times)
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 10:50:09 pm »

air photo with Platos original geometry. The inner central island is five stades of 600ft in diameter and the rings of water and land are in the correct proportions using a "stade" of 300ft. Download in pdf format

As to the perfectly circular canals we had imagined based on popular drawngs, I looked up Platos words again and he said in the beginning..... "Near the plain at a distance of 50 stades (from the sea) there stood a mountain that was low on all sides. And Poseidon, to make the hill impregnable broke it off all round about; and he made circular belts of sea and land enclosing one another alternately, some greater, some smaller, two being of land and three of sea, which he carved as it were out of the midst of the island." Critias 108E-121C (the Jowett translation reads "Poseidon ....breaking the ground enclosed the hill all round, making alternate zones of sea and land larger and smaller, encircling one another") And that was what we found, except that the sea had dropped and the "zones of sea" were now sandy bottomed depressions.

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 10:53:02 pm »

views of former "belts of sea"

sandy deposits in canal-like depressions show former inner and middle belts of sea on western side.

"There were three rings of water and two of land"
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 10:55:15 pm »

Inner canal on the northern side.
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 10:57:13 pm »

In the wet season, Pampa Aullagas becomes an island

So here is a site that has all the factors that Plato mentioned, firstly it is in the centre of the level rectangular plain at a distance of 50 stades from the sea. It has the required red, black and white stone. It has underground hot and cold springs. It is a route centre at the southern end of the lake.

But most remarkable of all, the site has been sunk by earthquakes and a Bolivian legend called
"The Legend of the Desaguadero" tells of a city on the edge of a lake, punished by the gods and submerged by the sea, in exactly the same manner as Plato抯. Furthermore, Poseidon the Greek name for the god of the sea who created the rings of water and land in Atlantis was the equilavent of Tunapa, in Aymara or Pachacamac also known as Viracocha in Quechua, the Bolivian name for the god of the waterways who created the ringed formation at Pampa Aullagas. In the Inca legend, Pachamama, wife of Pachacamac had twin offspring, just like the wife of Poseidon who Plato said had five pairs of twin sons.

The Aymara kingdoms which existed on the Altiplano also existed in pairs, so there can be no doubt that the story of Atlantis had it's origins in in a Bolivian legend.

Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 11:00:11 pm »

Artist's impression "Atlantis on the Altiplano" by Major Lee Smart

remains of Atlantis, "the mountain that was low on all sides."

Looking into a section of the giant canal 1 stade wide which Plato said ran right around the plain. The canal is fed by an underground spring and has a ribbon of water even in the height of the dry season.

http://www.geocities.com/webatlantis/
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 12:51:11 am »

Those are awesome pictures Morrison. 
When I was in Sarmast's forum, I proposed that there was a "blueprint" for cities - some original pattern that was followed whenever a city was built, allowing for future development.  I'm really starting to think it's true Smiley  I don't know if you read the Urantia Book, but it does say in there that especially concerning the Garden of Eden, the garden is always built to the same pattern as on Edentia (the planet that Adam and Eve come from).  Sounds like a sci-fi scene but if you've read the UB you'll understand.  The beings that oversee developing planets have guidelines they have to adhere to very strictly, and it would not surprise me to find that this design of the 3 rings of water was used because it allows for the canals to be later used for shipping (when that becomes invented) as well as irrigation.  If you haven't read the UB, this will be confusing for you.
Qoais
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 11:50:12 pm »

Hi Qoais,

Yes, I have read parts of the UB Book, mostly as a curiosity than for any spiritual beliefs - I believe that God exists, simply that humanity's attempts to define him are inadequate at best.

The idea of the circular city with the rings of water is an idea that has been around us for some time, isn't it? In terms of this particular circular city, the aspect of the theory that has always given us the most trouble is the fact that Plato's passage through the canals is only supposed to measure some 5 1/2 miles, while this one (further inland) measure in the hundreds.  I don't believe that that disqualifies it (perhaps the city was someplace else), but it does give one pause. Unless all aspects of a theory can be satisfactorily explained, it is insufficient. 

Morrison
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 02:47:39 pm »

Hi Morrison
When you think about it, we only have Plato and Cayce mentioning Atlantis. 

It could very easily be that Solon got a "story" of some far off land and took it home to write poems about, and later it all got confused.  He WAS considered a most learned man and maybe he was carrying on to impress people by writing about this fabulous land he'd heard of.

Anyway, according to Cayce too, Atlantis was an island which broke up several times and then sunk into the ocean.  And Cayce says that when the signs indicated that things were going to go bad, some of the people went east to Egypt and some went west to the Americas.  If you're already in America, how do you go west to America?  Just a thought. 

Then we have that bone of contention about part of the land being named after Atlas' brother, etc. etc. Gades. Does the ancient S. American language have a name that means "rich in sheep"? 

If we're talking of elephants being mastadons, this would be waaaay back, right? 

Why do you suppose Plato gave soooo much information on Atlantis - an unknown - and didn't give hardly any detail about this "famous battle"?  Maybe he (originally Solon) was being used as a tool to keep a history alive.  Just threw in the battle, as you say, as a "build" upon the real story.

The Tibetan Lama, Lobsang Rampa, in his book, mentions  that the earth was so damaged with the nuclear weapons and worse, that the world was basically unrecognizable afterwards. (I almost hate to say this - he says {I think} that Atlantis is under Tibet)) That the land masses now are nothing like they were then.  Supposedly the world stopped spinning on it's axis, and then started rotating in the opposite direction.  Can you imagine how wierd that would be for the people who survived?  Seeing the sun come up in the east instead of the west?  No wonder they were so paranoid about marking the stars and solstices!

Cayce's description of Atlantis would put it - before the earth tilted on it's axis, somewhere in the vicinity of modern Mexico, Florida, with S. America - as it was then, being Lemuria.  If the pyramids in S. America were built before the earth titled, it seems strange that they'd still line up with the solstices and stuff the way they do.  Therefore, they must have been built afterwards, by the remaining Atlanteans who had the knowledge.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:58:33 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 03:03:11 pm »

There is a description given by Saint Germain, in the second of Guy Ballard's books, of a city in South America (perhaps in Amazonia) which seems to me now to be far older that when Atlantis is stipulated to have been.  I will try to find the reference.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:59:05 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 12:14:23 am »

Have you read The Mayan Prophecies by Adrian G. Gilbert & Maurice M. Cotterell?

What I find really amazing is that the Maya had the same beliefs as the Tibetan Lamas:

From the book:

The Maya believed that each part of the microcosm was only one piece of the larger macrocosmic universe.  Each individual was likewise a self-same piece of creation.  This interpretation extended to the 'self' and in so doing each individual was seen as a tiny piece of oneness which begat the perception that 'I am you', and 'you are me'.  This was further epitomized with their pantheon of gods representing the opposing forces of nature; both the nature of the physical Earth and the nature of man along the spectrum of duality of opposing forces, such as day and night and birth and death.  Night would become day, as surely as the day must become night.  Good would in time become bad, (through excess) as surely as bad would become good (following aversion to pain and suffering).

I wonder who was teaching all this on both sides of the world?  Grin  It's really amazing that they knew about the universe.  The Europeans too, knew there was a universe and yet thought the world was flat.  Talk about not being "ready" for knowledge. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 02:22:30 am »

"The Europeans too, knew there was a universe and yet thought the world was flat.  Talk about not being "ready" for knowledge. "

Wonder how much that had to do with the Roman church?  Hmmmmm?
Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:17 am »

Hi Rocky
Ain't that the truth?  I wonder what happened to the Maya tho?  I mean before the Spanish arrived.  They did have those cities and pyramids, but it doesn't seem like anything "new" was developed for a long time.  Once their "teacher" went away, they didn't seem to keep up the good work.  Turned into having human sacrifices which was totally opposite what they'd been taught. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59:32 am »

There is a description given by Saint Germain, in the second of Guy Ballard's books, of a city in South America (perhaps in Amazonia) which seems to me now to be far older that when Atlantis is stipulated to have been.  I will try to find the reference.

I found one reference to it which said that it existed 70,000 years ago......
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 07:03:47 pm »

Does it say where?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »

Hi Qoais,

I actually don't place as much stock in the Cayce readings as some here.  I find them interesting, know that the man has a reputation for accuracy, yet, until we see some more evidence of Atlantis (as he envisioned it), I would say that it is all up in the air.

It would be interesting to see a map of how he envisioned the world, does anyone have one?

As for mastadons (and for that matter, horses), both existed in the Americas in 10,000 bc - the time that Plato sets Atlantis. 

I actually don't know that horses and elephants were simply an elaboration (Plutarch says that Plato embellished the Atlantis story).  I'm also not so sure that Atlantis is as old as Plato says it was.  There is evidence that there were connections between the Americas, Europe and Africas, but I will be the first to admit that all the pieces haven't satisfactorily come together for any theory yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: