Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:02:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient South America & it's Connection to Atlantis  (Read 19584 times)
Morrison
Superhero Member

« on: January 24, 2007, 02:36:30 am »

The intent ot this thread is to explore ancient South American culture, dispel current thought about it's antiquity and prove it's linkage to that most hallowed of the names of lost civilizations, Atlantis.

SIMILARITIES WITH ATLANTIS:

Plato sets Atlantis not only beyond the Pillars of Hercules but in the Atlantic Ocean. That would seem to totally write off a Mediterranean based Atlantis, no matter which country it is set in. It may also write off both the Morocco and Spain theories, too, sad to say, depending on how well the Greeks knew their geography. I’m guessing they knew a great deal more about it than what people here seem to give it credit for.

Which leaves the Atlantic itself: no sunken landmass in the Atlantic, I agree with that as well as the notion that the Atlantic Islands commonly said to be remnants of Atlantis (Azores, Canaries, etc.) may well be too small. I’d also suggest that Cuba is too small to be Atlantis, too, and that the Antarctica theory is a bit way out there.

So does that leave us completely out of luck?

Hardly.

South America matches, almost word for word, Plato’s dialogues. It has been overlooked as a possible candidate, because of a cultural bias, but there is no place in the world that matches it better.

*We have hundreds of ancient cities covered in undergrowth, pyramids all over the place.

*South America, as a continent, is certainly "larger than Asia and Libya combined," at least.

*We have the Altiplano, who’s dimensions match almost totally those of Plato’s large rectangular plain.

*We have the Andes Mountain range, some of the tallest in the world.

*Ancient canals unearthed in Peru, Plato, too spoke of a network of canals.

*The majority of South America is “sheltered from the Northern Plains,” as Plato says.

*Evidence of cocoa leafs, a plant that only grows in South America found in mummies of Egypt(proof that ancient people from each side of the Atlantic had contact with one another).

*The Guanche pyramids, which most closely match those in South America than those in Egypt.

*Evidence of a Pre-Clovis culture in the Americas, pushing settlement there back past 13,000 bc.

*The Kircher map of Atlantis even resembles South America.

As I said, there is a Mediterranean bias in the forum, but the geography certainly favors South America. In my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: