Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:32:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Once Upon a Time in America...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once Upon a Time in America...  (Read 414 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 21, 2007, 02:38:47 am »

Once upon a time, America was an example all the rest of the world aspired to. Once upon a time, America took the best examples that ancient civilization had to offer and learned from them, yes, and the worst, too. Once upon a time, America stood for something - a people willing to pay any price, share any burden. A people that saved the world, that inspired the world, not by the dread it could create through it's military, but the ideals it spread in it's founding.

I ask,

What happened to that people? Where did we go wrong, and how can we get it back again?

I ask,

Did the example we set even exist at all, or did it only exist, all in our minds?

The struggle of the ages now lays upon our shoulders. I wonder if we are up to it, as we face just as many challenges from within as without.

We have lost our way. Our greatness may not be gone, but I have a sense it is fading. Eac thing has it's time on the world to rise, to flourish and to die. It is a cycle that keeps repeating itself. Has the beginning of the end come now, yet we have yet to see it..?

Cheers,

Dawn

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

zaphod

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:17:53 am »

Once upon a time in America people used to take responsibility for their own actions, we as a people have gone down hill because that is no longer happening.

It has become too fashionable to play the victim. Instead of just sucking it up and getting on with business, they have to play the "oh, poor little ole me" game. Until this nation get's its collective head out of the hole it allowed itself to dive into, there will be no gain.
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't know what anything "is", I only know what it seems to me at the moment" -  Robert Anton Wilson
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:19:41 pm »

Hi Zaph,

I don't think that people not taking responsibility for their actions is what is wrong with America.  What is wrong with America is that it is now being controlled by large coporations that have made profit more important than doing what is right.  Add it all up, and that is America's biggest problem, that and the politicians that allow it to happen.

We wouldn't be in Iraq, for instance, if it wasn't about "profit."
Report Spam   Logged
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 02:50:43 am »

I think America's image around the world grew tarnished when we launched a pre-emptive war in Iraq.  Big mistake. I could see invading Iraq again if they had invaded Kuwait again, I was all for the first Gulf War. This one was just oine bs reason concocted after another to get our mitts on Iraq's oil money,  Sorry, but it's true.
Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
zaphod

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:41:03 am »

Hi Jennifer,

I would have to disagree with you slightly on this one, case in point, the recent case of the man fired from his job for watching **** while at work on the company computers.

Instead of taking it like a man and owning what he did was wrong, he has to come up with a whiney story "I'm not responsible, PTSD made me do it", please, if he is congnizent enough to think up that lame excuse, then he is in enough control to know that what he did was wrong and stupid. He deserved to get fired with no monetary compensation at all. The large corporations didn't make him persue his habits at work, it's just another case of "I'll do it until I get caught, then cry foul when I am.".....pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't know what anything "is", I only know what it seems to me at the moment" -  Robert Anton Wilson
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:19 pm »

Lots of people don't take responsibility for their actions.  Is it cause they are irresponsible or simply that people don't want to admit they were wrong?

A place I worked at not only had a guy fired for looking at ****, but two people were also fired for having sex together on the job.  People just don't know how to behave at work these days.
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 02:50:46 am »

The Illuminati and its promotion of liberalism.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
KTCat

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:49 pm »

Dawn, I tried to address this very same issue in the post below. We have to do something, and taking responsibility for what goes on in our country is probably going to be our only reasonable course of action.

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1981.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Live Long and Prosper, but please be kind to each other...
Carole
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:20:47 am »

I would say that America lost it's way, but that isn't quite true.  America never has never found it's way, It is simply a collection of people who's words never matched their actions. 
Report Spam   Logged

"To preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic."
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »

Yeah but we have got to come together to get the fascist Illuminati out of politics before we become just like Communist-China with their North American Union plan.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 11:25:08 pm »

I would say that America lost it's way, but that isn't quite true.  America never has never found it's way, It is simply a collection of people who's words never matched their actions. 

Yet the innocent, suffer world wide for the same reasons. Power corrupted using lies, and driven by nothing more then greed. Yet when the world was still black and white, it was a nicer place to live then some. Now, it's pretty much the same everywhere, and the systems are collapsing before our very eyes.

Sure that doesn't sound like a positive thought on my part but it's what I beleive I'm seeing.
Why would I support it by voting?

Volitzer, I agree the secret society should be eliminated from the power.
Yet it will take more, then a singal action to occur.
Before you take on the devil, you first have to make him stand by removing his throne.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:33:01 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:12 pm »

For one thing we have to educate the constituency.

Good thing we are at this point now halfway thru 2007 wayyyyyyyyyyy before the 2008 elections.  It may take this long for terms like Illuminati. false-flag operations, Bohemian Grove, Molech, and other such terms to become part of the overall American vocabulary.

I'm hopeful but it is a shame we're not impeaching the executive branch rather than just stifling their agenda in their remainder term.   Angry Angry Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: