Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:40:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Oak Island Inscription (Quote)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oak Island Inscription (Quote)  (Read 5691 times)
Mia Knight

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2008, 10:36:17 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 02:51 PM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi smiley - while you and brig are in censor patrol mode, would you kindly review my posts in "art and literature through the ages", esp the one where i use keith as a model for a character in chapter 11 of my "masonic interlopers series"?

much appreciated. and by the way, isn't it funny how the one crying insult is insulting right and left? even stooping so low as to use sexual orientation in his attacks?

and what took you guys so long? i suppose anybody interested in oak island would want to visit laughingstock rising first?

oh and before i forget - see ya later keith. been nice knowing you and watching you on your slippery slope ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2303 | From: arlington, va. | Registered: May 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2008, 10:37:01 pm »

Keith Ranville

Member # 3190

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 03:09 PM                   
The troll Ignore list  Roll Eyes

[ 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ranville ]

--------------------
Atlantis Rising: oakislandtreasure.co.uk rude behavior Complaint Dept.This rude ignorant behavior on Atlantis Rising

press here to make a complaint:
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000857

Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2008, 10:37:42 pm »

Enforen
Member # 4773

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 04:54 PM                   
Hi Keith,

One day you will find yourself answering for that unfounded accusation of racism.

Posters, Keith is merely attempting to once again deflect your attention to the truth.

For those following along, you must agree that I have never uttered a racial slur at Keith or towards anyone else. I defy anyone to find a posting throughout the entire internet which says otherwise.

Keith, people are aware that we once had a close relationship and that I FREELY provided you much assistance. I have posted screen captures of my email client which shows our pleasant and cordial conversations along with the help I provided.

With that said, and the proof I have posted, do you really think anyone believes your claims of racism? Really...

Keith, I am very disappointed with the level to which you have sunk. I hope this has been worth the price of how others perceive you for the rest of time. What we write here today will still be accessible through google cache by our grand children. I for one am proud to have brought the truth about your scam to the general public and for persevering through your foul mouthed venomous attacks.

--------------------
Please visit the Birch Island Illusion at
http://www.birchislandillusion.blogspot.com/

Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:15 pm »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 03-05-2007 05:09 PM                   
Must be pretty pathetic and bored to spend your time stalking another individual and attempting to slur his name.

Leave him alone...the truth will always rise to the top. It makes you look petty and your credibility is currently nil because of your actions.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:36 pm »

Orion von Koch

Member # 2038

posted 03-05-2007 05:25 PM                   
I agree with big and Enforen...this is a little over my top...lets get back to thinking.
Posts: 5018 | From: Deep, Deep West Texas | Registered: Jun 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »

TemplarScribe

Member # 4781

Rate Member   posted 03-05-2007 06:25 PM                   

quote:
Originally posted by Smiley4554:
I have been informed that there is some insults being thrown around.

Yes, well, that's the understatement of the day. (:^D)

quote:
I am addressing eveyone on this particular topic. I have read this last page, at this time, and I am requesting that any and all stop immediately.

How about those of us who haven't started yet? Can we get in a few cheap shots before the door slams down?

quote:
I will also inform Brig of this. At this point, consider all who have posted on this topic pre-warned. Do not make us issue any warnings publicly and privately.

I'm actually quite surprised no warnings have been issued before this point, publicly or privately. But considering the posters here, and the language that's been tossed about, I'd bet the mortgage, Smiley, that your professional, polite but stern warning will not be enough. I wish it were so, but I've seen this thread up close. I'm certain that your continued presence, as well as Brig's, will be necessary to police future posts here. Just a gut feeling I have. Call it intuition.

I do sincerely hope this puts us back on topic once more. Perhaps we can get back to the basics of the Ninety Foot Stone, the Stone Triangle, and other anomalies on Oak Island, and how they may or may not point to a possible treasure location.

TemplarScribe

[ 03-05-2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: TemplarScribe ]

--------------------
"Every great thinker is someone else's moron."
-- Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"

Posts: 24 | From: Three Islands West of Birch Island | Registered: Jan 2007   

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000026;p=9
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:57 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 06:45 PM                   
well if that doesn't sum it up.

but who doesn't like a good soap opera? i feel like george who slayed the dragon.

give me some more psuedo-intellectual sheep, for sacrifice even. i here it's now fashionable in orthodox circles ... over there, where a lot of our tax dollars go.

ahem.

--------------------
the truth hurts, but lies hurt more

Posts: 2311 | From: arlington, va. | Registered: May 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:17 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 06:47 PM                   
do you know what level of discourse will happen to us now that you've invited smiley.

do you?

think walmart ... arkansas ... and a sleepy likttle way of playing a southern tune.

--------------------
the truth hurts, but lies hurt more

Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:36 pm »

johnee

Member # 1580

posted 03-05-2007 07:30 PM                   
Oye…not too much of the dragon slaying, if you don’t mind.
Who rattled your cage?
I will report you to moderator.
…after I’m done looking into that volcano.
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:57 pm »

Enforen
Member # 4773

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2007 07:59 PM                   
TemplarScribe,

How’s this?

The inscription stone could have been nothing more than a hastily scratched inscription stone. The workman who removed the stone from Smith’s fireplace said the inscription was visible in the 1850s. BTW, a partition wall had to be first removed to gain access to the stone. Then by the 1870s, Creighton's son (who gave a statement to Blair) said he clearly recalls seeing the stone as a boy (1870s) but there were no characters carved or painted on the stone, except for the JM initials. We know from the same statement the stone was very hard.

It sounds to me like Smith was hiding or protecting the stone in his fireplace, but behind a partition, since 1805. The stone was reported to be very hard, thus in only ~20-30 years of exposure and handling, the characters were totally removed.

This 20 to 30 year span of wear and tear on hard stone indicates the characters could not have been deeply cut.

Therefore, it is of my opinion the stone was hastily prepared, and certainly not part of a pre-meditated plan which would have the message to last through the ages.

The stone triangle, is most likely post Pit 14 activity and in all likely hood post 1860s operations. The area exactly at the triangle was the dump ground for Pit 14(?) and perhaps others diggings. Original shoreline and inland for ~100ft between the triangle and swamp was very low with minimal slope. The terrain between the shore and MP was drastically altered through mine tail deposits even prior to the 1931 aerial photo set. It is unlikely for the triangle to have been of original construction as the shoreline area in this location was raised by ~2ft with the mine tails. The 1931 aerial photoset clearly shows the new slope in the area. This slope remained the same until the late 1960s. The triangle was surveyed and photographed, but never having been reported as excavated, thus if the triangle were visible in the 1890s and in the 1950s, on ground ~2ft higher than pre Pit 14 work, it could have not existed in the same ground prior to Pit 14 and thus not part of the original construction.

With that said, and in all fairness, it is possible the loose soil immediate the triangle suffered higher rates of erosion from being immediate the 1890 and onwards shoreline, thus removing the mine tails and once again exposing the stones.

Additionally, you may notice that all stones of interest on the surface of Oak Island are smooth, yet the stones of the triangle are not, and they would be the only stones which are not smooth.

I suggest you source out the Arlik Walton material from the 1960s. Send me an email and I’ll send you part of the work.

Cheers

[ 03-06-2007, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: Enforen ]

--------------------
Please visit the Birch Island Illusion at
http://www.birchislandillusion.blogspot.com/

Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:17 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 03-06-2007 06:28 AM                   
n4n - this makes me think about the colonial days and brick or tile from england being used as ballast, and vice versa to replace the weight of slaves on the ships.

so, if a large treasure and all the pit workings were off-loaded, what would be used for ballast upon leaving? also, due to the amount of work that went into the pit, is it safe to assume that camps were set up somewhere on the shore or further in? that possibly being the case, where might residual dump artifacts be most likely located?

any signs of un-natural vegetative patterns possibly associated with use of raw materials in the operation? if i recall correctly, oak was the wood used towards subsequent layers below ... i don't suppose there are any indigenous oaks nearby, or am i mistaken on that?

seems to me that a lesson in practicality would help in unravelling this mystery. that and a lot of other research and deductive reasoning, of course.
Posts: 2311 | From: arlington, va. | Registered: May 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:37 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-06-2007 08:42 AM                   

quote:
I'm actually quite surprised no warnings have been issued before this point, publicly or privately. But considering the posters here, and the language that's been tossed about, I'd bet the mortgage, Smiley, that your professional, polite but stern warning will not be enough. I wish it were so, but I've seen this thread up close. I'm certain that your continued presence, as well as Brig's, will be necessary to police future posts here. Just a gut feeling I have.

I agree. However, I have no real interest in this particular topic, or I would have been here before.

So, just to make everything easy, I am shutting this topic down, and you will find a copy of this in our read-only archives.

[ 03-06-2007, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Smiley4554 ]

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

Posts: 5608 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Mia Knight

« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2008, 10:42:30 pm »

Great, high-spirited discussion!  I never realized that Oak Island was such a controversial topic!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: