Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 04:46:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth (Original)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth (Original)  (Read 15149 times)
Brandon
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 12:51:14 am »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 06-22-2006 09:06 PM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
humans may be responsible, but we don't know it. there are so many other possible causes, and the history of the earth bears witness to the instability of temperature, both regionally and globally. The glaciers shrink in one part of the world, grow in another. Deserts come and go. Oceans rise and fall. Such is the circle of life (queue cheesy Elton John music).

I will say that whether man is responsible for "global warming" or not, our behavior and treatment of this planet is reprehensible, and the motivation behind this treatment makes it evil. We may well be the only race in the universe that has sold their home planets welfare and environment for cheap fossil fuels (due to laziness and a lack of will). we are a sad group, indeed.

however, considering the scale of time we are referring to, i am not sure that making a prediction based on a 400 year timespan is going to yield anything accurate or meaningful.

so, i will not believe the global warming schpiel, but will wholeheartedly agree that it is irrelevent in the big picture, as the behavior in question is grotesque regardless.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: