Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 07:58:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Should the avatar stars value be changed?

Poll
Question: Should the avatar stars value be changed to 1000 to reach "hero" status?
Yes - 1 (6.3%)
No - 7 (43.8%)
I don't care. - 6 (37.5%)
Keep current values but make additions at 500,1000,10000. - 2 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the avatar stars value be changed?  (Read 2207 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: March 18, 2007, 08:46:12 am »

I know this is a little childish but I've become fond of this forum now  and I think it should take a little longer before you can acquire Hero status.

One forum I visit requires 500 posts of you before you reach Hero Status. I think it should be set at 1000 .

Someone start a poll .
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:49:56 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:02:05 pm »

HEY!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:20:23 pm »

Hey Mark,

You're welcome to run a poll, but I think that view will be in the minority!  Originally, it did take 500 posts to become a hero member here, too, till Dawn, Veronica and I decided to change it.

The reason? Well, sure some people would reach that fairly quickly (a lot of us had over a thousand at AR), but some people who say things just as valuable (if not more) can only chime in occasionally and would take forever to reach that point.  We also didn't like the "rating" system over at AR, where a person could be rated down simply because they had a lot arguments with other people.

The idea behind this forum is to make a place less argumentative, more fair, and more academically minded than AR and most of the other places on the web. That's why some people were not invited and why we have taken pains to make things more fair for everyone who wants to participate!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Mark of Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:19:38 pm »

Hehe  ,sorry rock  Grin   

I hear ya Brooke , I've no problem with it staying the same ,'twas just a thought

Yeah the question of quality over quantity is important,, I do try to make my posts contain info or links that others may not be aware of ,...and keeping the arguments constructive.

And this forum definitely feels more 'free' .

I noticed that it seemed alot of the antagonism on AR involved Georgeos Diaz-Montexano .I don't really know the history of why it became bitter . I take it that he's one of those that wasn't invited..I havent seen him around here.

Oh, I dont see how to start a poll,can we all start one ?
Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 06:45:01 pm »

Hey Mark.

At the bottom of this topic, there's a button that says "add poll."

No Georgeos wasn't invited.  People interested in reading is work know where to go - AR, where it is all over the place, drowning out everyone else's. From our standpoint, it didn't make much sense to invite any of the known troublemakers from  AR cause we wanted to make this site better than AR is, we didn't want to duplicate the dynamic they had going on.

I honestly don't find his work anymore scientific than anyone else's, and I find his attitude a bit presumptuous. I am just floored at how much respect he is given considering how little actual results his work has produced.  Or maybe I am just missing something..?

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 09:22:55 pm »

Mark and Brooke,

I don't pay much attention to people's statuses, but I think we should encourage quality over quantity whenever possible.  As you know, there are members on the other board who post short sentences every five minutes depending upon what happens to be passing through their mind while they are logged on.  I certainly hope that doesn't happen here.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 10:57:41 pm »

I agree with all that's been said Tom and Brooke ,

.If there are troublemakers I can't see how you would fix it with out banning though.It all seems great at the moment 'cause this forum is brand new ,I just hope it stays that way.It depends on the individuals we get here obviously. I would like to think of this place as a repository for rare and valuable info about Atlantis .There are other topics of course but I do view most of them as being indirectly related to Atlantis studies .

If Georgeos asked for and got special treatment ,that would get my hackles up.It sounds like he is too sensitive when people  criticise his theory.I think if you are going to study Atlantis and publicise a theory about it,you'd better have a thick skin,that should go without saying ,but so many theorists will not tolerate 'dissent' even if it is a legitimate questioning of the idea. Also ,if Georgeos should read this and be offended, that would be even more pathetic.

ok.
 , thanks for babysitting me Brooke ,I looked around for a 'make poll' thingy ,I am hopeless ,just ask Gwen ,it took me ages to figure out how to post pics,and then only after she set it up for me.lol

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 11:10:13 pm »

Mark, I set up your poll for you, I don't know why that option wasn't present here as usually it is.

Personally, I would have had no objections to inviting Georgeos here save for the fact that he asks for special treatment, and he (or his minions) were always quite disruptive in the past.  Frankly, they aren't worth it.  We all had our disagreements with them while we were at the old forum, I don't see where they have ever uncovered anything remarkable archaeologically speaking, nor do I buy into their version of the translations. I honestly don't see whatever separated him from other Atlantis theorist. 

This Atlantis forum means to present a diversity of different theories, not just one. I hope you can appreciate the reasoning behind that.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 11:19:40 pm »

Thanks Felecia

I was just about to set mine up but it said you cant have two polls on the same thread,heh ,you just beat me to it.

Yeah ,I am all for having any theory of Atlantis on here .Personally I dont like the Edgar Cayce  and Rudolph Steiner ideas but that is why there is a different section for the New Agers and a separate section for Platos Atlantis and so on .

Someone said that it seemed Diaz-Montexanos theory was all over AR .I do think we need to atleast stay on topic a little bit.It doesnt have to be strict or anything.Just a little respect all round goes a long way . I acknowledge that there may be scientific value to Edgar Cayces Atlantis ,I don't see any evidence but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist . I have learnt to never really rule anything out 100%.
Report Spam   Logged
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:40:53 am »

I believe that Mark is onto something here.

However, rather than raise the bar higher for "hero members," I suggest a new category once one reaches 1000 posts"

"God Members"

Think of it, those few of us who achieve godlike status could then begin wars against one another for control of the universe. Each of us could have our worshippers, have temples created in our honor and set about writing myths that concern us.

If that isn't power, I don't know what is.

Sarah
Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 03:10:44 am »

Hi Sarah

I think your onto something there Sarah, what do you want to be the Goddess of?

I think we should have a thousand be Legendary hero, the go to demi-god, then god.

You can't jump straight from hero to God, just like that.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:54:59 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Mark of Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 05:09:18 am »

Sarah ! 

you are a genius !   Wink    why didn't I think of that ?!   , unknown ... brilliant ! , really make it so you gotta be in for the long haul , you gotta post on here for 20 years to reach God status ,surely ?

Yep ,so keep the current sytem but just make additions at 1000 ,5000? and ...10000? 

Afterall, we gotta have something to live for Tongue

OK  it's agreed then  Tongue   Yay  ,I just made Hero Status !! ,first step to world domination . Smiley

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:12:36 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 07:22:31 am »

Hi Mark

Yah thats the idea... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 12:47:17 pm »

Then GOD w/CHERRY on TOP!!!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 03:39:42 pm »

DEAR  BROOKE,

Sad  I'd like to resend my Paper of 9 Mb to this Forum, via your Email, since Dawn & Allison are too busy to do this,  but I have not got your Email-address because it is hidden, maybe you can send me your corresponding email address by private mail, so that I can send my 9 MB XLS Microsoft-document to it?
Alas I have no MS-WIN.Zip at hand so I cannot send it in installments.

ABOUT  dear GEORGEOS,

Sad  I keep forgetting what he does in real life, but he has a friendly grudge against the Scientific establishment in 1999 he published his Paper on Cape Spartel isle as the whittled Down  captal isle of Atlantis since nobody is used to that extreme Spartel-theory.   

He enlisted Collina-Girard in cahoots to promote his Spartel Case in the Press by quasi accusing Collina-Girard of Copying his 'discovery', in a quasi Polemic battle between two learned opponents that fooled the Scientific world by a clearly impossible or fake Theory in 2003, that any  marine-geologist can easily refute!. . .

Besides it should be clear to the better reader that Atlantis was located within an extinct Crater the size of: Aden Crater!

But,   He seems a nice man and If he wants to waste his valuable time at this, that is his own affaire.   He virtually started the present "Atlantis-Hype & Quest and that is "Merit" enough !

And the whole scientific establishment fell for it,  Lock, stock and barrel, I credit him to have started the Atlantishype by his wrong diagnosis, that enabled you and me to communicate on this Atlantis Forum website!

Since the Spartel HOAX was not enough, he iniciated the First( and last!) MELOS-Conference -2005 on the Location of Atlantis, where 55 atlantologists had to subscribe to a protocol with 25 Atlantis reference-Points pre-locating it as an island in the middle of the Atlantic!

So some dopes indeed positioned their wild idea of an Atlantic-isle in Brazil, Mexico; bahamas bimini, Eirland at the perifery! and Antartica ( They left-out Ice-land for unclear reasons.)

Although the conference itself was a success, the transcripts never seem to have materialised.   instead GEORGEOS, has opened up his own Atlantis Website with the unoffical transcipts of nearly ALL of the participants, that is very suspect since nobody else had access to them.

So that circomstance justifies my hunch dat he also was in cahoots with the ( Greek!)organizers of this  'World-çonference' for which strancely enough NOBODY from the oldest Atlantis-Website: "Bernardo@Atlan.Org" was invited.

I have made one or two posts on his website stating that by the law of Eustatics and the mentioning of King Cecrops as the contemporary greek King at the destruction of Atlantis, no island in the mouth of the Pllars at Spain could have been changed into  Plato's mud sheol, and that I have better proof of the port of Aden as the original Atlantis.

The third time that I wanted to enter I received the message that I was banned from his NEW-Website.  So you realise that I was not pleased that I was banned with only 2 messages, to show, without commentary!   I may have forgotten to log in that third time or Georgeos was afraid that I would disproof better than the others his false theory!     Sad  Quien Sabé ??

Alas I have completely forgotten what the EmailAddress of this new Website was, can you come by it?

Sincerely  Sad   "BlueHue" Sad
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: