Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:52:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do you think about Georgeos Díaz-Montexano theory!

Poll
Question: Do you think his theory is based on serious scientific research?
NOT AT ALL - 17 (50%)
NOT REALLY - 8 (23.5%)
MAYBE - 3 (8.8%)
YOU CAN SAY THAT. - 4 (11.8%)
YES FOR SURE - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Georgeos Díaz-Montexano theory!  (Read 19214 times)
nikas
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:02:33 pm »

Ok guys, I think it is time to evaluate this guy Georges Díaz-Montexano. I have followed his conversations with other members of AR forum. As I see many were bunned from that place because of him.
I really want to find out who this guys is. If his theory stands I want to give him a chance, otherwise I want the truth to be revealed. Most of you know him better, as I have been memver of AR only for brief of time.
I am discussing one of the clues given by Plato in timaues and George shows an Image where he points MUD in Spain. I used a better software (World-wind) instead of google earth (used by him). His response:

Nikas:

You one never gets tired to falsify data...

First you compare two photos: one true, seizure with satellite "NASA Terra Daily", that is to say, with service of Satellite in real time, that is, true photos, without manipulation, that is the one that I use, with another seizure of a program where the sea, from the line of the coasts is erased, or replaced by a layer of color done with one progaramde edition of photos.

If somebody wants to know if really there is mud, or there is no mud, during almost all the year in the coasts of the Gulf of Cadiz, near the Straits of Gibraltar, it only must dedicate itself to see - every day of the year - the photos of the service of “NASA terra Daily”, at the end of the year will verify as most of the year exists mud in the coasts of Cadiz, being days in which the mud is really impressive, mainly in the months of more amount of rains.

They are not clouds!, it is mud, and any person can verify this true scientific fact, only seeing the hi-res photos that I offer, small and manipulated nonphotos like whom she offers Nikas, where cannot be appreciated extended details.

If you also observe - every day of the year - the sea that surrounds to the coasts of Malta, with the service of “NASA Terra Daily”, you see as occurre all the opposite, that is, never there is mud in the sea that surrounds to Malta, nor in the sea that surrounds to Sicily.

On the other hand, all the texts of the antiquity - I repeat: ALL! - they credit the existence of this pelagus of mud in the Atlantic, fundamentally after passing the Pillars of Hercules, but in the coasts of Iberia, as it affirms Avienus (that it uses texts of very old travellers).

All - I repeat: ALL! - the references of the antiquity, only speak of mud in pelagus Atlantic, in no other pelagus of the Mediterranean mud speech. And still nowadays, it continues throughout being a typical and permanent characteristic the year of the Atlantic coasts of Andalusia, in Iberia Nèsos.

This is an unquestionable fact! that any person can confirm every day only observing the photos, or if she once prefers it per week, through service of “NASA Terra Daily”.

How can you be so manipulator and so falsifier of the truth?, How can you falsify and manipulate the scientific facts, and not to feel no shame to do something so unworthy?
How can someone just call somebody else manipulator. When I tell him that I used this software. What George doesn’t know; both Google and Nasa used the same satellite images to for their software. TERRA-SATELLITE.
I am saying…ahahaha…world wind and he is accusing me of manipulation!
Look at this image:
http://www.superatlantis.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/mud_gorg.jpg.w300h309.jpg
The one on top is the one provided by me (W-WIND)
The other under it is Google earth provided by George.
Look what he is calling mud, something that is like a current of the ocean……look on my image you can see that is a perfect, undisplaced land. Its just the part that got submerged:
Look at this image:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=&z=9&ll=36.042437,-5.660706&spn=1.510147,3.4552&t=k&om=1
it’s from the same software that goerge uses. There is a function that you can have like clauds and sea current. Do you really see the same thing that he sees? He called me a manipulator. The links above are from google, how can I manipulate them.
He said there is no mud in MALTA. Are u kidding me? Look at this image…mud displacement;
http://www.superatlantis.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/arg10.jpg.w560h335.jpg
I want you guys to really read and judge not with your ego but with common sense1
Regards,
NIKAS
WWW.SUPERATLANTIS.COM
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 01:01:03 pm »

The best evaluation I have seen of Georgeos is the following article.  Although it is several years old it remains true and informative.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctfeagans/atlantis.htm
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:19 pm »

I just got the 3rd and last warning from smiley. George calls me a manipulator offends me and because of that I am warned (I did prove him wrong about something). So I tell them to kiss my......and left once and for all. I will never visit that site anymore. I am done. Actually, lately the site has gone down. you see only George arguing with himself, apparently Grin Grin, and some others once in while...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:44:57 am »

welcome nikas

I was just over at Atlantis Rising and saw the lastest squabbling. heh ,I admit i find it amusing... .getting warnings!?  Roll Eyes "Youv'e got til the count of three...!!  that forum is pathetic .        .. Things should be interesting and a little colorful with nikas around .

where is Georgeos ?  I would have thought he would be here too

Personally if someone is hurling insults I completely ignore it .I only care for things of scientific value  and sharing of valuable info that others may not be aware of.  The arguments are a means to an end .

No prizes for guessing which category you chose in the poll nikas  ..."NOT AT ALL"  hehe  ,you tell me what u chose and I will tell what i chose.. Wink
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:23:10 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 05:43:09 pm »

Hi Mark. Listen you do have to understand that I am not a person that likes to fight and argue. Nevertheless, did you see me have any confrontation with anyone else over there? SEVENS doesn’t count…..He is my friend I just like to tease him. This guy GEORGE is a total disgrace. Makes you want to get out of your clothes. Did you ever have a little sis when her attentions are always to get into your nerves? I don’t know; by repeating your comments or whatever. Yeah? Well that little sis is an angle compare to George. You say this he will say that. What ever you state if it doesn’t fit his theory YOU’RE wrong, you’re a manipulator you’re this and you’re that. If he becomes angry you get a warning from smiley or brig….
He was telling me that I don’t speak Modern Greek. How can I put up with it? I mean I am a graduate from Greek university. Study ancient Greek as well as philosophy. How bad can I be to not know Modern Greek? Even the village uneducated Greek idiot will know few things more than someone who is just using some dictionary.
PLEASE MEBERS OF THIS FORUM DO NOT ATTEND THAT SITE ANYMORE. LET’S TEACH THEM A LESSON!!

Mark I voted not really... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:54:50 pm »

Well,

You sure have my sympathies, Nikas.  In my opinion, Georgeos' research isn't very scientific at all, and the C Feagans article that Tom posted highlights just how unscientific it all is!  He is an over-inflated ego that, for some inane reason, has always impressed the two administrators over there.

The mods have run that site into the ground and most of us who come here actually did all come from AR, but left even prior to Georgeos posting there.  I'm sorry, but neither one know what they're doing.  Most forums try to accomodate their members, they seem content to drive them all away (with the exception of Georgeos, of course, who they are apparently too impressed with).  A pity!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Mark of Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:47:54 pm »

hey  nikas ,Brooke

I voted 'YOU CAN SAY THAT'  .  I should give my reason .. he does use Platos dialogues and he atleast doesnt use psychics to acquire evidence as far as I am aware .So I guess the generally low standard of scientific rigour that you get with Atlantology in general manages to give Georgeos a pass.  That is not good logic i just realise.  Embarrassed  I pass him on being scientific ...because ......coz...  I can't remember now.. Embarrassed     yeah just coz he follows Plato .. Smiley  and his logic is mostly 'straight'.

Then again I do frown upon the claim of artefacts underwater off Spain without showing any signs of an archaeological dig ,or mapping .And I am not sure of his 'translation' of Plato ,,so I take the translation stuff fairly lightly ,but do consider it.

Because I am no expert on ancient languages I have to trust in the translators and I measure them against eachother and try to take an all round approach ... About the contentious "bigger than Libya and Asia"  line , I am content to say ,'it's vague enough as it is without worrying about translations and definitions of ancient regions names ' so  I just say ,ok it was a big Island .not much else can be said for sure on that front..

So I am sceptical when He insists it is such and such a meaning...
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 11:22:31 pm »

Look Mark, I understand that you do have to approach everything with caution. But still use some common sense. This guy has been around for over 15 years. If he had something reliable he would have made it. If there is something that old around Spain someone would have found something. Malta on the other hand is shredded by mystery. Underwater temples. The oldest freestanding buildings.
I worked for couple of years but just few months ago I completed my work and trying to convince scientific organizations that it did exist. Colombia University and Maltese official are very enthusiastic about my work.
I was reading Strabo (The roman writer) about the Amazons and the area around the pillars. Only Malta fits that description. I never read him before but now I am more than convinced that I indeed have discovered Atlantis. It’s just a shame that no one is taking my work more seriously.
Ok ignore my theory, assume I am wrong. Just by common sense where can it be? Spain?!?! They were “dissented” from Gods. They have to be in the center of the “world”. Where was the center at that time? Mediterranean Sea (Even though was called by different names) and where is the center of the Mediterranean Sea? Around Sicily.
Now he is saying that NISOS means Peninsula? Why? otherwise it doesn’t fit his theory. I never heard anything more absurd. NISOS is and it will always be an Island. I have a copy of the original writings and translations from different languages. They all agree on that; Island!!!
Now Plato states PRO TU= BE fore. and it’s the priest damn it talking, they are in Egypt so even if the pillars are in Gibraltar they have to be on the inside before you reach that harbor. George is saying that is before you reach pillars from outside. What……the hell…………is he talking about? Why would the priest complicate things? Especially in Greek, both ancient and Modern is much easy to say behind or after the pillars. Just by these comments I disregard his work. The guy is a joke!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 05:23:36 am »

I will just say that the word 'Nesos'  that is used by Plato to describe Atlantis ,I agree, is  'island'  .All the major published translations are unanimous that it means island .

I need to check what Strabo says about the Amazons and the pillars .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:25:16 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:45:29 am »

Tom H.

I just followed your link above:

http:/home.earthlink.net/~ctfeagans/atlantis.htm

and found something you and I discussed in Mysteries of Atlantis/Migrations, p.2.

re: Reading 315-4 M27 - 6/18/34.

In the article about GDM, in the ENTER JACQUES COLLINA-GIRARD section:

"........After looking at geological data, JCG noted that several shallow shoals were
present off of CADIZ, which would have been above sea level approximately
11,000 years ago......"

Very interesting!  It seems E.C. was right!

"See" you over there.

Love and Peace,
Bianca
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:49:39 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:59:16 pm »

Mark,

Boreas has posted extensive linguistic data regarding nesos meaning "penninsula" as opposed to "island"... Even today, "nez" in French means "nose", bearing that root, as something "sticking out"...I will search for it, it was also posted her recently.

I found :

Island or Peninsula?

Plato's expresion "larger than Libya and Asia" seem to refers to the areas of Libya and "Asia Minor", that being todays Libya, Egypt and Palestine/Israel. In that case Platos text clearly points to an island OR a peninsula of subcontinental size. In Platos words the nature of this land is expressed as a "NHSOS" or "Nêsos". The issue today is of our understanding of this Greek word "Nessos", which root (obviously) is "Nes".

If we go back to the oldest Indo-European language known the expression "NES" relate directly to the Latin/English expression "penninsula". In Northern Europe "NES-A" means "nose" - and the relation between the nature of a nose can be recognized in the conture of a land, whose face to the sea have an extention  , strectching out through the water.  Whatever this water is a lake, a sea or an ocean such "nose" of the land is always called a "nes".  Thus you may find placenames all througout Scandinavia ending with "- nes" o "naes". One of Georgios students one mentioned the Greek name "Nessos Allas", - which I refer to the Chronian Sea and The Gulf of Vineland.

Today we know that during ice-time the entire sub-continent of Fenno-Scandia have been an island. When the ice-caps finally disappeared the old seafloor between Finland and Russia quickly arose from its ice and water. Consequently we got a "new land" - in the form of an aluvial plain between Finland and Russia. Today this area is populated, cultivated and named "Carelia" - being a huge area of lush lowland between the Chronian Sea and The White Sea. Connecting the old Atlantean island with the Russian continent the lands progression made the Scandinavian NES. The result may still be seen, as present Scandinavia is - in fact - a VERY large Penninsula - or "Nhessos".

Larger than Egypt and Asia?

During ice-time we find that Fenno-Scandia actually WAS an enormous island - at the size of "Egypt and Asia together". As the ice-age ended cataclysmically - this entire area was overrun by giantic massives of frozen water.  When the surviving Atlanteans and their agriculture - started to reach southern Europe, the sub-continent of Fenno-Scandia had become a penninsula. And it is still bigger than the present area of Libya, Egypt and Asia minor - all together.

The island of Gotland has been explained to be the single one place were this arctic culture was escaping the cataclysms of the ending ice-time. In boats. With all the domestic plants and animals that later came to be shipped to Crete - and further around the globe...

Rockessence once noted that the old Greeks used the term Nhesos to name the Arabian Penninsula, as well as the Iberian land. Thus we may conclude that in classic Greek the term NHESOS was used to describe also large penninsulas. The semantic studies of Georgeos de Montexano has shown that the term "Nêsos" actually had been used to express the realm of an "peninsula". On the western side of Europe we find the latin equivalent "insula" - in the context of  "pen-insula". In NW Europe this is called "half-island" (olde English),  "head-land" (classic English) or "peninsula" (French-English).

Back to old Greek, Perseus Tufts translation of Plato seem to agree;

nêsos , Dor. nasos , hê, island, Il.2.721, etc.; en tai megalai Dôridi nasôi Pelopos, i.e. the Peloponnese, S.OC696; makarôn nêsoi, v. makar; hai n. the islands of the Archipelago, Ar.Eq.1319, X.HG4.8.1; kai pôs gunê . . nêson amphiennutai; Anaxil.35 (cf. perinêsos): heterocl. gen. pl. nêsaôn Call.Del.66

2. land flooded by the Nile, PHib. 1.90.7 (iii B.C.), etc.; opp. êpeiros, PGiss.60 (ii A.D.); nêsoi potamophorêtoi POxy.1445.13 (ii A.D.); so of alluvial land in Tab.Heracl. 1.38.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aentry%3D%2370770

In northern Europe the word "Nes" was always connected to what in modern English is called "Headland" or "Penninsula". But - the history behind the english language and the word "island" can be traced back through the way of migration - the one that once brougth the Indo-European culture and language to the Brittish Isles.

Ey-land and Islanders, Pelagos and the Pelagesians

Originally the word for island constisted of ONLY one letter - describing one clear sound of the Norse Aphabet with the primary association to their nature - as the basic element of the people that populated the northern arch-i-pelagos'. Thus the sound and letter is written "ö" (sounding like "oe"). The letter "ö" is also a direct, graphic picture of what the sound is ment to relate to; the circle O represent the (ring-) land, while the two dots is a symbolic picture of (two) islands - existing "outside" the perifery of a (main)land.

In Finland and Sweden they still say and write "Ö", - such as in the geographical name of "Ö-land", Swedens second largest "island-land". According to Dr. Felice Vinci the Greeks wrote "Ö" as
"Eu", like in Eu-bo-ea, where "bo" means living/home and "ea" connotates to ar-ea. But - they stil use "pela-go" as the common word for island, which - btw - gives a hint of the origins of the firts Greeks, called Pelgasians. With the most ancient monuments of the entire Mediterranean, Knossos of Crete, in mind we may agree that this pelago was the cultural birth-place of the Hellenic culture, before these "islanders" spread the Hellenic culture througout the Pele-po-NESOS and thus mainland Greece.

West of the Baltics the Gotic Norwegians changed to "öy". Further west it became "ey" - as in "Orkan-ey".  Even further west we find "ei" - as in Ice-land and on the Feroes. Ultimately we get "ai" in Old English - that today is written "I" with a mute "s".  The "evolution" of the northern languages are also showing a very simple and clear logic as it follows the migrational spread of the populating migration - from the strands of the Baltic to the shores of the Atlantean islands; from the Nordic spelling:
ö-öy-ey-ei-ai  to the modern, "latin-english" spelling "Is".

Reflection of an ancient mother-tongue?!

Back in west-coast Scandinavia they still call that very same form of land "half-ey" or "naes", while the Baltic population still call it "ness" or - most commonly; "NES".

Considering the strong relations that have been proven to exist between the earliest boat-culters of the Baltic and the Mediterranean area, there is a similar connection between the mythos of the Baltic AS-HEL culture and the ancient HEL-AS culture of the "Middle-Ocean", today known as the Medi-terran-ea.

Thus we may expect that the old Greek spelling "NHS-OS" (read; "nessos") relates to the same semantic impact of the old Scandianvian word "NES". Which still is pronounced NAES, meaning "penninsula" or "nose" - of the old mother-tongue found in all Scanidnavian populations.

Finally we may conclude that among the penninsulas that is big enough to equal Libya, Egypt and the Levant all together must be at least the size of todays Iberia, Arabia or Fenno-Scandia. Since modern satelites have revealed that no such land-mass exists on any ocean-floor, we may have to keep looking for a penninsula that have been sinking AND rising again, - already.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:59:43 pm by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
nikas
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 06:24:08 pm »

First OF all is νησος, NISOS (read nisos as in latin) not NESOS. So it’s NIS not NES.

Peninsula= Χερσόνησος.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/peninsula

Don’t listen to people like GDM. If there was a big island in Gibraltar he would say that nisos means Island. He is just fitting Plato into his theory.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 06:43:24 pm »

Peninsula
1. an area of land almost completely surrounded by water except for an isthmus connecting it with the mainland. 

This is why I can't understand why Iberia is called a peninsula.  It may look like a nose, but an isthmus is a narrow neck of land.  To me, Spain does not have an "isthmus" attaching it to the continent, it just narrows a bit there.  So in Plato's works, would he use the description of a "nose" as peninsula.

Nikas - what's the difference between NIS and NES?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 06:53:43 pm »

Hi
When Solon was being told the story - the priest said something like:

"...and the island of Atlantis was similarly swallowed up by the sea and vanished; this is why the sea in that area IS TO THIS DAY impassable to navigation, which is hindered by mud just below the surface, the remains of the sunken island" (Desmond Lee)

Georgeos says that Plato did not use the word navigation.  He says Plato means that people could WALK "pass by" the place.  This is not logical.  Why would Plato say people could or couldn't walk by a peninsula?  Plato is talking about the mud in the water being impassable right?  But today, the area around the straits IS passable although I guess shallow at some points of the year.  So in Solon's day, the mud was still impassable.  How long do you think it takes the mud to become passable again?  Personally, I don't think it would take 10,000 years and more.  So perhaps this battle was in the early -600"s?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Mark of Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 07:43:34 pm »

It could be a peninsula technically ,or it could be an island ..I just take note that all the published translations say it is an island.

Yes Qoais, the so-called Iberian peninsula has a massive 'isthmus' if that's what it can be called ..

Gwen said something to me which I think is relevant here. If Atlantis was a peninsula, Why not a peninsula connected to Morocco instead of Spain .After all ,Plato says the extremity of Atlantis faced Gadeira (Cadiz way) so it makes sense that it was on the opposite side of the 'Straights' and facing Spain.

Also ,Diodurus seems to allude that Atlantis could be associated with 'Libya' and not Spain.

So I guess Gwen gets precedence for this view. Gwen, you got a theory of your own !!  Wink  In all my study of Atlantis I dont recall there being a specific theory that Atlantis was a peninsula of Morocco.

** A note on one of the pages of Critias in my copy reads, " For Critias' contemporaries Asia was defined by the Nile and the Hellespont,and Libya enclosed the entire coast of Saharan Africa west of the Nile.Thus, with Europe, these were the other two parts of the known world. "

It does seem that only the coastline is meant .And Egypt is separate, not part of Libya and not part of Asia.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:57:54 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: