Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:10:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Library of Alexandria (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Library of Alexandria (Original)  (Read 10739 times)
Raven

« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:14 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 01-01-2006 07:55 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suggest trying not to sleep ! lmao !

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.
E.C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1820 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-01-2006 08:11 PM                       

Hi Gil,
we have a Jewess bigot here too blinded like a rabid dog; all agiated by her delusions and foaming at the mouth .......

Jewish Bigotry....

Dear Gil:

I have heard some awful things in the AOL Jewish chatroom. When TWA, Flt. 800 went down, one person typed, "Who cares? They were all goyim." I witnessed the same kind of responses during the Oklahoma City bombing.

It seems to me that I "see" Jewish people, in chat rooms, who truly believe they are superior, only because they are Jewish. Why is this? Is it, simply, taking on an attitude of superiority when one feels inferior and using Judaism for that superiority? These kinds of Jewish online people, with the ghetto mentality, practice the same discrimination and bigotry that they complain about others are doing to them.

Sincerely,

P

Dear P:

Thank you for writing--the comments you described made me sick. Every once in a while, I too have heard some of this kind of chatter and find it totally inexcusable and disgusting!

I want to believe this kind of behavior represents only a small number of Jews. Why do some Jews speak and think this way? I don't know. The best answer I can come up with is that they carry with them the baggage of many centuries of persecution at the hands of gentiles. There is no doubt that the pain and death inflicted upon us by non-Jews has left deep scars on many Jews--but that to me does not justify at all the kind of revolting behavior you wrote about.

Beyond that, maybe your suggestion is correct, that when a person is feeling inferior they cut down others. Or perhaps, to convince themselves that they are superior, they elevate themselves artificially. I am really not sure.

I do know this--if this is what "choseness" means--I WANT NO PART OF IT! If God wants Jews to be "a light unto the nations" and "a nation of priests" then to my way of thinking any Jews who acts this way toward non-Jews is desecrating God's name.

Beyond any ideas of God and/or choseness, I agree with you, Jews--of all people-- should know that such bigotry and discrimination is just plain wrong. On top of all these points, from a purely practical perspective, this type of behavior--only encourages bigotry and discrimination toward us.

I will end with my sincere hope and belief that most Jews would share my disgust over the examples you emailed to me.

Thanks for writing,

Gil

http://www.beingjewish.org/jewishemail/resp0709.html
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2008, 01:14:11 pm »

+Faith+

Member # 2886

Member Rated:
   posted 01-01-2006 08:15 PM                       
This topic isn't even remotely about the Library of Alexandria anymore, is it? A pity.

--------------------
(Psalms) 31:5,
"Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:01 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-01-2006 08:29 PM                       
Understanding Sarah
or
Perhaps Thou protests too much

Jewish Studies

THE JEWISH PROBLEM

(With a special message to my Jewish readers.)

by Eric Thomson

28 June 2000
Marx remained a Jew, though he hated to admit it. In this respect, his use of a German name, his denial of his identity, revealed Marx to be a typical Jew, with a typical Jewish inferiority complex. But instead of coping with the problems which the Jew perceives as the bases of his inferiority, the Jew acquires an equally exagge-rated form of megalomania, accompanied by delusions of grandeur, and its fellow-traveller, paranoia. This unholy trinity completes the typical Jewish psyche.

Karl Levy, alias Marx, was anti-Jewish in many of his statements, to the extent that he hated certain physical and behavioral traits which he identified as Jewish, i.e. negroid features and crass materialism. In one essay, Marx concluded that Jews could only become emancipated citizens of civilization when they had emancipated themselves from their obnoxious traits. Despite his virulent opinions, Marx remained a Jew, though he hated to admit it. In this respect, his use of a German name, his denial of his identity, revealed Marx to be a typical Jew, with a typical Jewish inferiority complex. But instead of coping with the problems which the Jew perceives as the bases of his inferiority, the Jew acquires an equally exaggerated form of megalomania, accompanied by delusions of grandeur, and its fellow-traveller, paranoia. This unholy trinity completes the typical Jewish psyche. In the German film, "Erbkrank" ("Hereditary Illness"), based on Weimar Republic statistics, the Jews, who were a small minority of German society, comprised a disproportionately large percentage of the insane asylum population. The Weimar Republic was very such a 'Jewish paradise', so 'poisecution' (sic) would not be a factor in driving Jews crazy, any more than it would be a factor in the Jews' promised land of USZOG. Certainly Jewish heredity is a factor in Jewish insanity, but Judaism inculcates mental illnesses via its tenets and rituals.

(1) Inferiority: The Jew can never do enough or have enough. He must always have "more", as Jew labor leader Samuel Gompers declared. The Jew is often ashamed of his Jewish origins and his ugliness; hence, the Jewish penchant for name-changes and nose-jobs. The Jew sees himself as 'the eternal victim' of persecution, although he is more likely to be the persecutor, rather than the persecuted. This reverse-thinking is a typically Jewish delusion.

(2) Megalomania/delusions of grandeur: The Jew is the "chosen, creature of Yahweh, his tribal god. Since all women and all Goyim are deemed to be without souls, the Jew is the only male creature on the planet who is deemed to have a soul. The world and everything in it are deemed to be the Jew's property, including the Goy 'livestock', who are to be used and abused as the Jew sees fit.

(3) Paranoia: Because the Jew thinks of himself as a 'noble knave', an 'omnipotent victim' who is 'exalted and despised', as well as 'protected and persecuted', he projects his own hostility toward the universe in general and the Goyim in particular. As rabbis have declared, "Der Olem ist ein Golem" (the universe is a monster). The Goyim supposedly hate the Jew, and are always out to 'get' him, and the Jew usually 'proves' the correctness of his belief by means of his own aggressive and obnoxious behavior! Anyone can confirm the truth of such a paranoid belief by assuming that "everyone wants to hit me", therefore, "I shall hit them first!" Just go into a bar and start punching people. In short order, you will discover that they will respond by hitting you, which 'proves' you were 'right'! Paranoia often has sado-masochistic overtones. The paranoid, i.e., Jewish personality, wants to lash out at his perceived enemies, but he often feels the urge to be punished by those toward whom his hostility is directed. Usually, he identifies with those who strike back at him. Hence, the Jewish penchant for dressing up and acting out their Hollywood Nazi fantasies. If this be paranoid-schizophrenia, the Jew makes the most of it!

The quintessential Jewish writer, Franz Kafka, expresses his assurance that his protagonists will be inevitably found out, caught and punished. He describes the Jewish fate, from which there 'is no escape'. It is indeed, "hard to be a Jew", but seemingly impossible to escape from the jewishness one despises in oneself.

Before all my Jewish readers jump to paranoic conclusions and stop showering me with their praise and donations, I shall declare that I am in full agreement with the observations and revelations of Marcus Eli Ravage, who described Goyim quite accurately, especially Christian Goyim. We are indeed foolish, credulous and thoughtless in our dealings with you. Your positions of power and influence in our societies proves your assessment of us is at least 99% accurate. We can also be stupid, greedy, mindless brutes, especially toward other Goyim.

Although we accuse Jews of instigating our internecine slaughters, that by no means absolves us of our guilt nor of our responsibility in the perpetration of world wars and other such atrocities. If you lend me money to push someone else off a bridge, and I accept your bargain, I cannot justly consider myself your victim. The one I pushed off the bridge is certainly my victim, and only indirectly is he your victim. You have told many of us to 'go jump in the lake'. The fact that many of us do it is our fault, not yours. It is one thing to say, 'the devil made me do it', but it is quite another thing to admit that the devil made me want to do it! Yes, the Goyim, especially the Whites, have a lot of growing up to do.

"The Babylonian Talmud"warns that "a lie kills three persons: the liar, the one who is lied about, and the one who believes the lie." The truth of this statement has been amply demonstrated over the centuries, since it was written. Fantasies based upon lies were goading the herds of hysterical Goyim into stampeding to their deaths in such disasters as the Crusades and the recent world wars, but Goyim are not the only victims of fantasies based on lies.

Jews have shown astounding patience in awaiting the arrival of their fictitious messiah for some 4,000 years, whereas Christians have awaited their fictitious entity, "Jesus ben Yahweh", for a mere 2,000. One may as well await the advent of "The Great Pumpkin".

Another example of "Waiting for Godot" is expressed in "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" and their precursors, including "The Babylonian Talmud". Like the 'messiah', the 'final victory' of Jewish power is always 'just around the corner', and it will always remain so! Jews have attempted to explain the non-advent of Jewish power and/or the messiah by claiming that the culmination of Jewish power will bring the messiah, or that the advent of the messiah will bring about the culmination of Jewish power. The reason this can never be lies uncomfortably close to home in the Jewish psyche, as any 'righteous Gentile' can tell you.

Certainly, the Jewish scheme to subvert, enslave and slay the Goyim under a Jew World Ordure (sic) is clever and practical, if only it were not the Jews who have tried to achieve it! The reason for these centuries, nay, millennia of failures to subvert Goy states and establish Jewish 'order' is obvious: The Jew cannot stand order! He can ruin, but he can never rule, for the Jew is a congenital subverter and corrupter who cannot stop himself from undoing his own work upon the attainment of his power. The Jew has held the reins of power in the ancient world: Egypt, Athens and Rome. The juggernaut of states and empires fell under Jewish control by means of gold, but all the Jew could do was drive it over the nearest cliff. The Jewish adventure in Egypt reveals the jewish incapacity to rule, even with the full co-operation of the Jews' Goy subjects. This incapacity is both embarrassing and tragic: embarrassing for the Jew and tragic for the Goyim. In recent times, the Jew has shown that he has neither learned from his past experiences, nor has he changed for the better in regard to ruling over the Goyim.

The Khazar-jewish nation subverted the Russian Empire, then conquered it, only to ruin it by shortsighted looting and polluting of its vast, rich territory. The outcome of jewish misrule was the transformation of this mighty empire into a dismembered, impoverished, political-economic cripple, a mess of warring bandits, which the Chinese are watching with greedy anticipation.

Israel is another embarrassment. At least, if I were a jew, I would be embarrassed by the failure to make Israel into a viable state, such as Switzerland. The early Zionists claimed that Israel would be a state of, by and for Jews, only. Jews would perform all the jobs, including manual labor and farmwork. Under Jewish management and labor, Israel would be prosperous and powerful, the shining example for the Middle East and the world. Alas, the reality is otherwise: Israel is a dependency, a beggar-state, which must rely upon handouts and tribute from the U.S.A. and Germany. Instead of expelling the native Arabs, the Jews insisted on keeping them to do all the 'Goy work'. Israel is pretty much a concentration camp for a growing Arab population, and Israel's existence is the outcome of another Big Lie: the lie that Jews ever lived without a host people!

Jews are called parasites, but you aren't very good in your parasitism, for you are not content to live off your host's substance, quietly and insidiously, as do real parasites. The Jew parasite eventually triggers a violent reaction in his host peoples and is ejected. This process has been repeated throughout the countries of Europe, especially where the Jew has attained the most power and influence.

The relations between Jews and their Goy host peoples is one of ambivalence, because the Jew is ambivalent. Even in the Torah, the Jew cannot decide whether to enslave us or slay us. We are called'cattle', and we are exploited as such, but then the Jew changes his mind and treats us as if we, were his human opponents, rather than his 'livestock'. No wonder we are confused, whenever our Jewish shepherds attack their own flocks of productive 'sheeple'. Why do Jews kill their golden geese and their best milk cows? My guess is that you don't believe your own lies about us. You claim that we envy you. Would real cattle envy their herdsman? Your inconsistent behavior reveals that you cannot convince yourselves about our status.

You have one more chance to ensure your survival and prosperity, here in the U.S.A., which the economist, Werner Sombart, described as "the distilled essence of Judaism". The Goyim here look up to you. The Freemasons want to be your slaves. The Christians either tolerate you or love you. All the workers and the wealth of this land are at your service. White Goyim willingly served your interests in all the country's wars. By means of your propaganda, you have succeeded in identifying your interests as "America's interests". Our form of government is very much as you outline in "The Protocols". The United States was very much the product of your thinking and your instigation, as parroted by such 'useful idiots' as Thomas Jefferson. The Goyim overwhelmingly admire you and wish to emulate you. They are grateful that you have come to govern us with your 'wisdom'. Obviously, they like to see you in positions of power and influence. Goyim like to buy kosher products, because they believe they are 'better' than those which 'merely' meet FDA standards, and they don't mind paying 'a little extra' for the 'privilege'.

White Goyim really do love you. Our hatred for you exists 99% within the realms of your own diseased imaginations. Even I do not hate you, but I will defend my interests, which may or may not conflict with yours.

All of the above raises the question: Why are you so determined to defile and destroy this country, whose Goyim have complied with all your wishes, so far? Marcus Eli Ravage stated that we can do nothing to satisfy you. Neither our productivity nor our extinction would appear to satisfy you. This dilemma means that The Jewish Problem is really your problem, not ours. We do not oppose you; you oppose yourselves, as you have done from the beginning. You are eternally the doers of your own undoing. To see things from your viewpoint: How can a farmer be undone by his own livestock? Your own view of us makes you out to be a bunch of bungling, incompetent fools. Rabid fools, at that.

Mark Vonnegut wrote of the insidious nature of mental illness in his autobiographical book, "Eden Express". Where the sufferer begins and the illness leaves off is impossible to ascertain. His schizophrenia was cured by a high-protein diet, which is not to say that other forms of mental illness are similarly curable, especially those engendered by indoctrination.

As you observe, I have done my best to see the world through your eyes, and now, I invite you to see things through mine, the eyes of an Aryan. My view of the universe is quite congenial. If the universe were hostile, I would not exist, nor would you. I do not combat Nature. I am sustained by Nature, as you are, even when you claim to 'conquer' Her. I am at home on this planet. My fellow creatures all have their roles in the scheme of things. I do not fear or loathe other life forms. I respect then as teachers and I appreciate their beauty and their virtue. I am no more ashamed of being a predator, a meat-eater, than they are. In human conflict I am always prepared to win, lose or draw. All my opponents I consider 'worthy' in their own right, regardless of the weapons and tactics they choose to use against me. In struggles with opponents I neither forgive, nor do I bear grudges, for neither are relevant to me when the question is one of survival. For me, death is natural and inevitable, sooner or later. This awareness enhances the value of my life and makes the moments precious. I am therefore reluctant to spend my limited time in the pursuit of material possessions,including money. I seek quality instead of quantity, and I admit my inability to put a price on a sunset or a birdsong in the morning. I am stirred by the swells of the sea, and the wind in my face, as it makes the pines whisper, for such things remind me of my connection with the universe. They fill me with energy, inspiration and strength, as well as peace of mind. I am revolted by the bleating sheeple in the Christian fart-halls, as I am by the wailing and haggling in the synagogues. I enjoy others' company, as well as my own, just an I appreciate conversation and silent contemplation. I do not wish to insult nor demean those with whom I share differences of opinion. Rather, I seek to inform and to be informed. Everyone has something to teach not regardless of his wealth or lack thereof, and regardless of his academic achievements. I am not interested in ruling others, unless it is absolutely necessary, and I have no wish to ruin anybody, for ruin is usually brought upon oneself, without my assistance. I despise confidence tricksters, in comparison to armed robbers, who steal the victim's money, but not his trust. I believe that duty is sacred and that the desire for 'something for nothing' is both immoral and foolish. If I trip on the stairs, I know the fault was mine, and not the 'malevolence' of the universe. I care nothing for your 'god', nor for your ways. I do not wish to take over your rackets, nor do I wish to be victimized by them. I do not intend to play sadist to your masochist, nor vice versa.

For just one moment, imagine that you are not nearly so inferior, nor as important as you have been indoctrinated into thinking. In this moment, your paranoia will subside. Without prejudice, examine the many rules and tenets of Judaism, and you will recognize them as manifestations of compulsion neuroses. Dr. A. F. Stein described Judaism as "a group fantasy", which would apply to any people's religion. Fantasy is derived from dreams. That makes it incumbent upon all of us to "dream better dreams", in the words of Mark Twain. I sincerely hope you get well, soon. Mazel tov!

THE LUNATICS OF ZION
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jewish Studies - Home Page

http://www.ety.com/HRP/jewishstudies/mental1.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:35 pm »

zaphod

Member # 2456

Member Rated:
   posted 01-01-2006 08:43 PM                       
Hey guys, Alexandria? Library? Possible locations of such? Anyone still remember this topic?   
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:57 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 01-01-2006 08:45 PM                       
True, to waste knowledge is a pity such as Aristophanes opened the door to Hades for Socrates.

I understand where other's say the Library is,and some of the maps they draw. I just need to re-read and absorb what the old authors were saying to better understand where it may be with Google Earth.

Some say southwest some say northeast, most say royal district...., or the Ships in the harbour set fire to it, near the shore?, or flying embers elsewhere?.

Luckily we know where the old district is...

Sadly, a new civilization is there to cover the harbors aged tracks like Critias....

I would say either way, that old impending doom of warfare was prevailent, so I would jest to say that the most important books secretly escaped according to fates of the muses, say to Sicily, or Naucratis, or The Oracle of Ammon.......or all after, became a secret in itself.

In other words, dismantled and hidden from time by fate of the line of blood from brine.

Happy New Year Faith

I'll be sure to keep in touch when I find the library. 

What do you feel was the real outcome for Alexandria?

--------------------
.111.[R].Riven The Seer and Royal Bloodline to Atlantis.[R].111.

Posts: 4073 | From: Azores Atlantis Isles. | Registered: May 2003   
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2008, 01:17:33 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 01-01-2006 09:05 PM                       
And a Very Happy New Year to You Jean Starling.

May your beauty grace the pages of time.

Thanks for those cool pictures of the Atlanteans in Americas.

I saved every one!

So little time, so many discoveries to be made... Smiley

--------------------
.111.[R].Riven The Seer and Royal Bloodline to Atlantis.[R].111.

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2008, 01:18:05 pm »

+Faith+

Member # 2886

Member Rated:
   posted 01-01-2006 09:23 PM                       
Happy New Year to you, too, Riven!

You asked about the final outcome for the library.

Welli, in my opinion, the Muslims were responsible for the final destruction of it. It makes sense, they had a habit of destroying or looting all the previous artifacts in these lands from the pre-Christian era. The statue of Zeus was carted off, later to be destroyed in a fire, as were the pieces of the Colossus of Rhodes, which was supposedly carted away with one hundred camels and then melted down by the Muslims. Any knowledge by people of Islam was considered useless and so it was typical of them to destroy it. It's fashionable these days to blame the Christians, but the Muslims were far more likely responsible.

--------------------
(Psalms) 31:5,
"Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2008, 01:18:42 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 01-01-2006 11:42 PM                       
Your words don't offend me, Absonite, each response you give here only shows how bigoted you are. Anti-semetic, too, I take it? Well, there's a revelation.

Anyway, to spare this topic any further abuse, I have opened a new one wherein I will show those interested parties what the Urantia Book truly is (although I doubt few are even interested in it), while you can continue to protest that it is the path to greater enlightenment.

Good luck with that.

[ 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Sarah ]

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2008, 01:19:21 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 01-02-2006 12:30 AM                       
Truth is your speach Faith;

The Muslims were a factor from 1000.bC along with the Phoenicians to the edge of Europe and Morroco and the dreaded Fez caps.

The True Christians would never destroy such works, especialy Rome and Greece, only a traitor would.

But it doesn't seem that the Assyrians would pose a great threat to the library also, for I revealed how Darius allowed Uadjahor-Resne, to preserve Sais and the Temple of Neith.

The archaeological evidence clearly shows the merging of Assyrian Sumer with Egypt, so much so, the Assyrians thought themselves Egyptian.

The biggest threat would have to be Constantine and The Black Priests, a culture different than the Sumer Assyrians ca 330.aD.

quote:
Of Constantine's sons the eldest, Constantine II, showed decided leanings to heathenism, and his coins bear many pagan emblems; the second and favourite son, Constantius, was a more pronounced Christian, but it was Arian Christianity to which he adhered. Constantius was an unwavering opponent of paganism; he closed all the temples and forbade sacrifices under pain of death. His maxim was: "Cesset superstitio; sacrificiorum aboleatur insania" (Let superstition cease; let the folly of sacrifices be abolished). Their successors had recourse to religious persecution against heretics and pagans. Their laws (Cod. Theod., XVI, v) had an unfavourable influence on the Middle Ages and were the basis of the much-abused Inquisition. (See PERSECUTIONS; CONSTANTINOPLE; ROMAN EMPIRE.)

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04295c.htm

The Nicene Creed
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11049a.htm

quote:
Soon after the Council of Nicaea new formulas of faith were composed, most of them variations of the Nicene Symbol, to meet new phases of Arianism. There were at least four before the Council of Sardica in 341, and in that council a new form was presented and inserted in the Acts, though not accepted by the council. The Nicene Symbol, however, continued to be the only one in use among the defenders of the Faith. Gradually it came to be recognized as the proper profession of faith for candidates for baptism. Its alteration into the Nicene-Constantinopolitan formula, the one now in use, in usually ascribed to the Council of Constantinople, since the Council of Chalcedon (451), which designated this symbol as "The Creed of the Council of Constantinople of 381" had it twice read and inserted in its Acts. The historians Socrates, Sozomen, and Theodoret do not mention this, although they do record that the bishops who remained at the council after the departure of the Macedonians confirmed the Nicene faith. Hefele (II,9) admits the possibility of our present creed being a condensation of the "Tome" ( Gr. tomos), i.e. the exposition of the doctrines concerning the Trinity made by the Council of Constantinople; but he prefers the opinion of Rémi Ceillier and Tillemont tracing the new formula to the "Ancoratus" of Epiphanius written in 374. Hort, Caspari, Harnack, and others are of the opinion that the Constantinopolitan form did not originate at the Council of Constantinople, because it is not in the Acts of the council of 381, but was inserted there at a later date; because Gregory Nazianzen who was at the council mentions only the Nicene formula adverting to its incompleteness about the Holy Ghost, showing that he did not know of the Constantinopolitan form which supplies this deficiency; and because the Latin Fathers apparently know nothing of it before the middle of the fifth century.

Another factor is that Alexandria did not perish like Naucratis, instead, it grew.

That could have been the cause for these extremist religions to burn down Alexandria or hide it from us with Arian intervention.

Then again, what happens to Christianity?

The same thing that happened to Paganism and Venus and Women.

They become suppressed like Atlantis.

Those people, had the power to re-write the Bible, let alone a Library.

Another thing is certain also, one of the major Study areas around the time of Alexander and 332.bC, was Syracuse,Italy, where greats like Plato, and Chalcidius, and later Augustus and Emperors of Rome studied to learn initiated secrets of the Pythagoreans.

It is possible that Plato wrote Timaeus here when he was also trying to juggle the precarious balance of Dionysus and Carthage.

So much of what was hidden in Alexandria should be with us, out there hidden, very much the same as Timaeus was hiding Atlantis, for the initiates.

Then we have the Great Library at Aleppo, which I wouldn't doubt would have books bound by true blood.

So if most of those books are out there, in different languages, then the secret books should be preserved, along with Thoth's.

I could not see how these men could not possess the Book of Thoth by now....

Then again, seems like they don't.....  hee hee.
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2008, 01:20:11 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 01-02-2006 12:48 AM                       
Phoenicia.

It is only in the East, my dear Faith, that men are truly ashamed of their Women to veil their faces in public and ridicule.

Dark, evil, such as the true meaning of Hebre..

dull, boring, simple.

In the West, we are not afraid to Love our Women and praise them, for we are human.

Think about that.

That's the kind of heart, which would destroy a library of history.

[ 01-02-2006, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Riven ]
Posts: 4050 | From: Azores Atlantis Isles. | Registered: May 2003   

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000534;p=5
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2008, 01:25:40 pm »

Europa

Member # 2616

Member Rated:
   posted 01-02-2006 03:16 AM                       
Happy New Year to Riven, Jean, George, Sarah, Faith & everyone!

Let's lighten the mood a little around here:

quote:
Ancients Rang In New Year with Dance, Beer
By Jennifer Viegas, Discovery News

Dec. 30, 2005 — Many ancient Egyptians marked the first month of the New Year by singing, dancing and drinking red beer until they passed out, according to archaeologists who have unearthed new evidence of a ritual known as the Festival of Drunkenness.

During ongoing excavations at a temple precinct in Luxor that is dedicated to the goddess Mut, the archaeologists recently found a sandstone column drum dating to 1470-1460 B.C. with writing that mentions the festival.

The discovery suggests how some Egyptians over 3,000 years ago began their New Year, which for them started around the end of August to coincide with seasonal, desired flooding that drenched farmlands where they would grow crops, such as barley and wheat. The Festival of Drunkenness usually occurred 20 days after the first big flood.

While drinking and dancing are part of many modern New Year's celebrations, the early Egyptians probably would have disapproved of the partying because they viewed such activities in a very different light.

"The Festival of Drunkenness was not a social occasion for them," said Betsy Bryan, who led the dig. "People did not come to enjoy themselves. They drank to enter an altered state so that they might witness the epiphany of a deity."

Bryan, who is chair of the Near Eastern Studies Department at Johns Hopkins University, added, "In general, the ancient Egyptians frowned upon drunkenness, but they would come together to drink for a specific purpose."

She told Discovery News that written references to the festival date to several thousand years ago, but the writing on the newly discovered sandstone column drum is one of the first pieces of evidence to directly link the festival to an Egyptian leader and to a temple location.

In this case, the leader is the female pharaoh Hatshepsut, who reigned for close to 20 years in the fifteenth century B.C. The column reads, "She (Hatshepsut) made it (the temple) as a monument for her mother Mut Mistress of Isheru, making for her a columned porch of drunkenness anew, so that she might do as one who is given life forever."

The findings are published in the new book "Hatshepsut: From Queen to Pharaoh," which contains writings that were compiled by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The book coincides with an exhibit on Hatshepsut that currently is at San Francisco's de Young Museum.

According to Bryan, the Festival of Drunkenness began with attendees appeasing a lion goddess deity, such as Mut, with red beer that received its color from red ochre.

A myth called the "Destruction of Mankind" suggested that if a goddess became drunk on red beer, she would no longer slaughter humans. The ancient Egyptians, therefore, believed that the colorful brew was associated with salvation.

Liturgical psalms used during the festival suggest that the goddess — probably depicted on a statue — was enthroned in the temple and then transported through a hall before being carried to the temple's front court. It was here that celebrants became inebriated, sang, danced, engaged in sexual activity, and waited to see the goddess.

"One commonality with modern celebrations is that they would have a 'designated driver' who was supposed to stay sober throughout the event to make sure that others were taken care of," said Bryan.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20051226/drunkegypt_arc.html

[ 01-02-2006, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Europa ]

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2008, 01:27:37 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-02-2006 06:31 AM                       
Riven,

I doubt that they truely hate their women, the answer lies deeper than that. I think it lies in their koran and their societal roles and beliefs and tradition. What is amazing is that the women have put up with it for so long. The Jews treated their women just as bad, as probably did most societies. They treat them as slaves instead of equal partners. Even in America it is only recently that women have had somewhat equal rights.
Men and women are inherently different with different roles endowed by their creator. The development process is an ongoing one and even here we are still producing "Jaded" mindsets of rabid feminism. The process is still evolving as women are still seeking their identity and proper roles in society. The muslims are at least a thousand years behind the rest of the world.

Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2008, 01:27:56 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 01-02-2006 07:52 AM                       
Actually, Mohamad with the Koran improved for the most part the role of woman in those days.(as sad as that may sound). Before the Koran, with all the warring tribes, woman were left husbandless, and woman were totaly dependent on man,so mohamad instituted the culter of multi-wives (women didn't work) to take care all these widows.There is more, and some things were done to the detrement of woman, but most historians would say over all, Mohamad had benefited woman.

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.
E.C.

Posts: 1820 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Raven

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2008, 01:29:40 pm »

Herr_Saltzman

Member # 2738

posted 01-02-2006 10:11 AM                   

quote:

The Muslims were a factor from 1000.bC along with the Phoenicians to the edge of Europe and Morroco and the dreaded Fez caps.

The True Christians would never destroy such works, especialy Rome and Greece, only a traitor would.

The biggest threat would have to be Constantine and The Black Priests, a culture different than the Sumer Assyrians ca 330.aD.

It is only in the East, my dear Faith, that men are truly ashamed of their Women to veil their faces in public and ridicule.

Dark, evil, such as the true meaning of Hebre..

That's the kind of heart, which would destroy a library of history.

Riven, how could the Muslims be a threat from 1000 BCE, when Islam was only founded in c.600 BCE?

And so, you think the true meaning of Hebrew is "dark and evil"?

And only the Muslims could destroy the library, according to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria#Destruction_of_the_Great_Library

Read.

quote:
 There are also allegations dating to medieval times that claim that Caliph Omar, during an invasion in the 7th century, ordered the Library to be destroyed, but these claims are generally regarded as a Christian attack on Muslims, and include many indications of fabrication, such as the claim that the contents of the Library took six months to burn in Alexandria's public baths.

quote:
 There is a growing consensus among historians that the Library of Alexandria likely suffered from several destructive events, but that the destruction of Alexandria's pagan temples in the late 4th century [by Christians] was probably the most severe and final one.

--------------------
Cheers, and Good Mental Health,
Herr Saltzman

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001530;p=10

Posts: 1245 | From: Vienna, Austria | Registered: Sep 2005   

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000534;p=5
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: