Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:12:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Library of Alexandria (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Library of Alexandria (Original)  (Read 11745 times)
Raven

« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-01-2006 08:11 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Gil,
we have a Jewess bigot here too blinded like a rabid dog; all agiated by her delusions and foaming at the mouth .......

Jewish Bigotry....

Dear Gil:

I have heard some awful things in the AOL Jewish chatroom. When TWA, Flt. 800 went down, one person typed, "Who cares? They were all goyim." I witnessed the same kind of responses during the Oklahoma City bombing.

It seems to me that I "see" Jewish people, in chat rooms, who truly believe they are superior, only because they are Jewish. Why is this? Is it, simply, taking on an attitude of superiority when one feels inferior and using Judaism for that superiority? These kinds of Jewish online people, with the ghetto mentality, practice the same discrimination and bigotry that they complain about others are doing to them.

Sincerely,

P

Dear P:

Thank you for writing--the comments you described made me sick. Every once in a while, I too have heard some of this kind of chatter and find it totally inexcusable and disgusting!

I want to believe this kind of behavior represents only a small number of Jews. Why do some Jews speak and think this way? I don't know. The best answer I can come up with is that they carry with them the baggage of many centuries of persecution at the hands of gentiles. There is no doubt that the pain and death inflicted upon us by non-Jews has left deep scars on many Jews--but that to me does not justify at all the kind of revolting behavior you wrote about.

Beyond that, maybe your suggestion is correct, that when a person is feeling inferior they cut down others. Or perhaps, to convince themselves that they are superior, they elevate themselves artificially. I am really not sure.

I do know this--if this is what "choseness" means--I WANT NO PART OF IT! If God wants Jews to be "a light unto the nations" and "a nation of priests" then to my way of thinking any Jews who acts this way toward non-Jews is desecrating God's name.

Beyond any ideas of God and/or choseness, I agree with you, Jews--of all people-- should know that such bigotry and discrimination is just plain wrong. On top of all these points, from a purely practical perspective, this type of behavior--only encourages bigotry and discrimination toward us.

I will end with my sincere hope and belief that most Jews would share my disgust over the examples you emailed to me.

Thanks for writing,

Gil

http://www.beingjewish.org/jewishemail/resp0709.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: