Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 05:14:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Library of Alexandria (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Library of Alexandria (Original)  (Read 10660 times)
Raven

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 01:21:35 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 07-28-2004 07:30 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom
you just wrote.
"I have enjoyed reading about the available evidence for the existence and destruction of the great library of Alexandria. It amazes me that for such a great institution of knowledge and learning we do not know where the building existed, "
Well Tom besides your following my outstanding post with this Edgar cayce claptrap,.... It really amazes me that I just posted the location of the library......
"By the fourth hour after landing they were settled near the eastern end of the long and broad avenue, one hundred feet wide and five miles long, which stretched on out to the western limits of this city of one million people. After the first survey of the city's chief attractionsÖuniversity (museum), library, the royal mausoleum of Alexander, the palace, temple of Neptune, theater, and gymnasiumÖGonod addressed himself to business while Jesus and Ganid went to the library, the greatest in the world. Here were assembled nearly a million manuscripts from all the civilized world: Greece, Rome, Palestine, Parthia, India, China, and even Japan. In this library Ganid saw the largest collection of Indian literature in all the world; and they spent some time here each day throughout their stay in Alexandria. "

Now Tom what about this don't you understand?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: