Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 03:47:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Library of Alexandria (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Library of Alexandria (Original)  (Read 11579 times)
Raven

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 01:18:24 pm »

Anteros

Member # 1984

Member Rated:
   posted 07-27-2004 09:57 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magic Engineer said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a friend who is going to study to be an archeologist...and according to him, some archeologists theorize that the Library of Alexandria wasn't in Alexandria at all! ...That being said, it's possible we might one day find the TRUE library, and find even greater riches...

I think this attitude probably springs from Clive Cussler's book "Treasure." It has inspired lots of people to think maybe a part of the library exists somewhere, much like "Atlantis, the Antediluvian World," by Ignatius Donnelly has inspired so many people to look for evidence of Atlantis. True, Cussler's book was a novel wheras Donnelly says, "That the description of this island given by Plato is not, as has been long supposed, fable, but veritable history."

But who knows, really? I'd love for it to be true, especially if we could find the lost works of Archimedes. Wouldn't that just Rock?!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: