Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:09:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CAT ISLAND

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAT ISLAND  (Read 1526 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 11:38:18 pm »

Concentric circles and the five 1/2 mile long canal are a good start, but are there other details to support this claim?  Is this where the sonar images of buildings have been taken, for instance? I may have missed the details in the article, but how deep are the circles located, and how large are they?

Also, I noticed that Ron Smith works for an investment company:

http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/aspdotnet/databrowsing/empDetails.aspx?menuChoice=emp&empid=984353458&geogArea=0604000113

Is this Atlantis venture viewed as an investment opportunity by him, or is he looking for some sort of funding?  Does he have any academic credentials?

Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Horus

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 02:58:32 am »

Hi Des,

You are a good investigator!  Ron owns a land title company and is skilled in cartography because of that.  Atlantis in the Bahamas is a hobby for him.

He had a site up at platosatlantis.com but has taken it down or disabled it... however there are still some pages floating around which I have direct links to. 

PALACE LOCATION

Long Rocks

I have a bunch of prints of the formation somewhere that still need to be scanned in. 

Ron had also hired Mike Arbuthnot of Team Atlantis to inspect the site and they took photos. 

Team Atlantis Long Rocks

Unfortunately, Mike didn't look at anything that Ron asked him to, partied it up with his friends, dove on a wreck, and basically took Ron for a $9000 ride!  Sad
He spent very little time on site that is miles in size.

It's on APEX/TAO's agenda to go back eventually but lower priority than Bimini.  Personally, my sense is that it is artificial, but I'm not so sure that it was Plato's Atlantean capital.... Undecided

Blessings,
Paul
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:29:18 am by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:50 am »

Bahamas Atlantis Search

Long Rocks

In a recent article in Atlantis Rising, archaeologist Bill Donato asserted that a formation near Cat Island in the Bahamas could have been Atlantis. The formation, called "Long Rocks," has been the site of numerous dives operated by commercial dive operators as well as the location of an expedition conducted there a few years ago to look for the remains of Atlantis. Large digital charter maps of the area, produced by the US government, show that the few curved rock formations there just don't fit any of the circular patterns described by Plato. In addition, the expedition that was conducted in the area (as well as work by other divers) found nothing of real significance there. An examination of the larger and more accurate maps of the area of Long Rocks makes it difficult to understand where the idea comes from that asserts that the rock formation "fits Atlantis perfectly."

Donato, one of the most consistent and respected researchers in the Bahamas, has conducted numerous expeditions in the Bahamas. He has made several important and intriguing finds indicating that an ancient culture may well have been in the region during the last Ice Age. He hopes to mount an extensive side-scan sonar and sub-bottom profiling of large areas of the region.

On the Yahoo! group, "Halls of Atlantis," Paul Bader announced on August 11 that he had become a Director of Donato's organization and they had immediate plans to visit Andros Island. The purpose is to find and inspect the underwater cave petroglyphs diver Herb Sawinski found there in 1972. Bader also reported that one of their team members was currently at Cat Island inspecting Long Rocks. Bader also announced the need for funding to support a submarine expedition to Bimini to inspect "what appears to be ruins off of Bimini located in 1998 with sidescan sonar."

http://www.mysterious-america.net/atlantisinsider.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:37:01 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Horus

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 11:26:55 am »

Yes I remember when Greg Little wrote the above in 2004 and here are the key points to consider about that blurb as they pertain to the Long Rocks by Cat Island:

1) He has never been there and doesn't plan to go -ever. I questioned the open-mindedness of that decision, but it became evident that this was made because he favored his own satellite discovery of the Bay of Cazones at Zapata, Cuba as the likely site for Plato's center city of Atlantis in support of his close friend Andrew Collin's Atlantis = Cuba hypothesis.  But that feature at Zapata shows no concentric circles at all(!) -none on any of the space photos I've seen:

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/photo.pl?mission=ISS006&roll=E&frame=6302&QueryResultsFile=119445517680882.tsv

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/photo.pl?mission=ISS004&roll=E&frame=7359&QueryResultsFile=119445532070362.tsv

I see a somewhat roundish natural peninsula but that is all.  It measures 4.6 miles in diameter on NASA's Worldwind in contrast the outer ring of Plato's center city of Atlantis is 3.2 miles.

2) Greg is not a cartographer or possessing of such skills.

3) The "commercial dive operators", or recreational divers rather, that he mentioned were not looking for ruins, doing subsurface excavations etc. or considering the entire feature of the Long Rocks.  In other words, they weren't qualified to assess the feature's artificiality.

4) Ron Smith who is a cartographer by virtue of his ownership of a land title company has measured them with Maptech maps and the arcing bands do extend into circles which do match Plato's dimensions! I posted a link to this research earlier in this thread and Desiree copied out the maps, diagrams, and photos into a different thread.

5) The site was surveyed in 2002 by archeologist Bill Donato who contends that overall, the parallel arcing bands and remnant coral heads indicate an artifactual structure that merits closer investigation. This will take considerable time because the site is MILES in size!

6) Considering that Cayce identified the Bahamas as remnants of Atlantis, that the Grand Bahama Bank itself matches many of the characteristics set forth in Plato's Critias, and artifactual features are being found all over this Bank, such context lends strong probability of artifactuality to this formation.

Anyway, I'm sure Greg would be thrilled if we found any ruins there and likewise I will be happy if he and Lora manage to turn up anything when/if they explore the Bay of Cazones in Cuba. 

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:16:09 am by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: