Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:25:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Anti-Semitism...Is it Ever Justified?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Semitism...Is it Ever Justified?  (Read 5727 times)
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 04:22:35 am »

Tom Hebert1
Member # 2835

posted 03-08-2006 07:38 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Brooke:

quote:
Originally posted by Sarah:
I may be a little too close to this topic to see it properly, but offhand, I would say, "no."

I'm open to views to the contrary, though.

Absonite, care to weigh in on this?

Nope, Sarah, I can't think of ANY REASON for someone to be Anti-semitic!
So I guess it's case closed!!!

Not to worry. It will be as soon as Smiley finds out about it. 
Posts: 914 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2005   

Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 04:23:32 am »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-08-2006 08:01 AM                       
Sara, et al, I will permit this to remain open while I am waiting for an answer from Hillary, but will keep a careful watch on it.

If ANYONE begins to abuse this particular subject, it will be shut down - and/or deleted.

Please be warned.

And, please, do not call anyone a "bigot" (OR ANYTHING ELSE) whether in jest or seriousness - or your posts will be IMMEDIATELY DELETED!
[/i]

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

Posts: 5588 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 04:24:07 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 08:26 AM                       
Smiley instead of shutting it down, is it possible, to just edit the post that are out of line?

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 04:24:36 am »

Broodstryder
Member # 3024

Rate Member   posted 03-08-2006 08:58 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by johnee:

"Nothing annoys Jews so much as to be told that other people have suffered," says Liebman and Cohen. "Not a few American Jewish spokesmen have bristled at the use of the words holocaust and even genocide to describe tragedies that have befallen other minorities and nationalities."

This might annoy some people,

What exactly makes this genocide more important or more of an atrocitiy than any of the other genocides that have occured in the six thousand years of written history?
Posts: 14 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Mar 2006
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 04:25:18 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 03-08-2006 09:29 AM                       
Sarah

Member # 2812
Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2006 02:46                       
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I urge the Moderators not to close, edit, alter or move this.
Let's let the bigots have their say.
I'm here, unoffended, and I'm not going anywhere.
Come get me.

--------------------
Urantia Book Decoded:

. such a nasty; arrogant; blind little jewish girl.

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 04:25:53 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 03-08-2006 09:44 AM                       

BEFORE THE COURT OF SANHEDRISTS

184:3.1 It was about half past three o'clock this Friday morning when the chief priest, Caiaphas, called the Sanhedrist court of inquiry to order and asked that Jesus be brought before them for his formal trial. On three previous occasions the Sanhedrin, by a large majority vote, had decreed the death of Jesus, had decided that he was worthy of death on informal charges of law-breaking, blasphemy, and flouting the traditions of the fathers of Israel.

184:3.2 This was not a regularly called meeting of the Sanhedrin and was not held in the usual place, the chamber of hewn stone in the temple. This was a special trial court of some thirty Sanhedrists and was convened in the palace of the high priest. John Zebedee was present with Jesus throughout this so-called trial.

184:3.3 How these chief priests, scribes, Sadducees, and some of the Pharisees flattered themselves that Jesus, the disturber of their position and the challenger of their authority, was now securely in their hands! And they were resolved that he should never live to escape their vengeful clutches.

184:3.4 Ordinarily, the Jews, when trying a man on a capital charge, proceeded with great caution and provided every safeguard of fairness in the selection of witnesses and the entire conduct of the trial. But on this occasion, Caiaphas was more of a prosecutor than an unbiased judge.

184:3.5 Jesus appeared before this court clothed in his usual garments and with his hands bound together behind his back. The entire court was startled and somewhat confused by his majestic appearance. Never had they gazed upon such a prisoner nor witnessed such composure in a man on trial for his life.

184:3.6 The Jewish law required that at least two witnesses must agree upon any point before a charge could be laid against the prisoner. Judas could not be used as a witness against Jesus because the Jewish law specifically forbade the testimony of a traitor. More than a score of false witnesses were on hand to testify against Jesus, but their testimony was so contradictory and so evidently trumped up that the Sanhedrists themselves were very much ashamed of the performance. Jesus stood there, looking down benignly upon these perjurers, and his very countenance disconcerted the lying witnesses. Throughout all this false testimony the Master never said a word; he made no reply to their many false accusations.

184:3.7 The first time any two of their witnesses approached even the semblance of an agreement was when two men testified that they had heard Jesus say in the course of one of his temple discourses that he would "destroy this temple made with hands and in three days make another temple without hands." That was not exactly what Jesus said, regardless of the fact that he pointed to his own body when he made the remark referred to.

184:3.8 Although the high priest shouted at Jesus, "Do you not answer any of these charges?" Jesus opened not his mouth. He stood there in silence while all of these false witnesses gave their testimony. Hatred, fanaticism, and unscrupulous exaggeration so characterized the words of these perjurers that their testimony fell in its own entanglements. The very best refutation of their false accusations was the Master's calm and majestic silence.

184:3.9 Shortly after the beginning of the testimony of the false witnesses, Annas arrived and took his seat beside Caiaphas. Annas now arose and argued that this threat of Jesus to destroy the temple was sufficient to warrant three charges against him:

1. That he was a dangerous traducer of the people. That he taught them impossible things and otherwise deceived them.

2. That he was a fanatical revolutionist in that he advocated laying violent hands on the sacred temple, else how could he destroy it?

3. That he taught magic inasmuch as he promised to build a new temple, and that without hands.

184:3.10 Already had the full Sanhedrin agreed that Jesus was guilty of death-deserving transgressions of the Jewish laws, but they were now more concerned with developing charges regarding his conduct and teachings which would justify Pilate in pronouncing the death sentence upon their prisoner. They knew that they must secure the consent of the Roman governor before Jesus could legally be put to death. And Annas was minded to proceed along the line of making it appear that Jesus was a dangerous teacher to be abroad among the people.

184:3.11 But Caiaphas could not longer endure the sight of the Master standing there in perfect composure and unbroken silence. He thought he knew at least one way in which the prisoner might be induced to speak. Accordingly, he rushed over to the side of Jesus and, shaking his accusing finger in the Master's face, said: "I adjure you, in the name of the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Deliverer, the Son of God." Jesus answered Caiaphas: "I am. Soon I go to the Father, and presently shall the Son of Man be clothed with power and once more reign over the hosts of heaven."

184:3.12 When the high priest heard Jesus utter these words, he was exceedingly angry, and rending his outer garments, he exclaimed: "What further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now have you all heard this man's blasphemy. What do you now think should be done with this law-breaker and blasphemer?" And they all answered in unison, "He is worthy of death; let him be crucified."

184:3.13 Jesus manifested no interest in any question asked him when before Annas or the Sanhedrists except the one question relative to his bestowal mission. When asked if he were the Son of God, he instantly and unequivocally answered in the affirmative.

184:3.14 Annas desired that the trial proceed further, and that charges of a definite nature regarding Jesus' relation to the Roman law and Roman institutions be formulated for subsequent presentation to Pilate. The councilors were anxious to carry these matters to a speedy termination, not only because it was the preparation day for the Passover and no secular work should be done after noon, but also because they feared Pilate might any time return to the Roman capital of Judea, Caesarea, since he was in Jerusalem only for the Passover celebration.

184:3.15 But Annas did not succeed in keeping control of the court. After Jesus had so unexpectedly answered Caiaphas, the high priest stepped forward and smote him in the face with his hand. Annas was truly shocked as the other members of the court, in passing out of the room, spit in Jesus' face, and many of them mockingly slapped him with the palms of their hands. And thus in disorder and with such unheard-of confusion this first session of the Sanhedrist trial of Jesus ended at half past four o'clock.

184:3.16 Thirty prejudiced and tradition-blinded false judges, with their false witnesses, are presuming to sit in judgment on the righteous Creator of a universe. And these impassioned accusers are exasperated by the majestic silence and superb bearing of this God-man. His silence is terrible to endure; his speech is fearlessly defiant. He is unmoved by their threats and undaunted by their assaults. Man sits in judgment on God, but even then he loves them and would save them if he could.

4. THE HOUR OF HUMILIATION

184:4.1 The Jewish law required that, in the matter of passing the death sentence, there should be two sessions of the court. This second session was to be held on the day following the first, and the intervening time was to be spent in fasting and mourning by the members of the court. But these men could not await the next day for the confirmation of their decision that Jesus must die. They waited only one hour. In the meantime Jesus was left in the audience chamber in the custody of the temple guards, who, with the servants of the high priest, amused themselves by heaping every sort of indignity upon the Son of Man. They mocked him, spit upon him, and cruelly buffeted him. They would strike him in the face with a rod and then say, "Prophesy to us, you the Deliverer, who it was that struck you." And thus they went on for one full hour, reviling and mistreating this unresisting man of Galilee.

184:4.2 During this tragic hour of suffering and mock trials before the ignorant and unfeeling guards and servants, John Zebedee waited in lonely terror in an adjoining room. When these abuses first started, Jesus indicated to John, by a nod of his head, that he should retire. The Master well knew that, if he permitted his apostle to remain in the room to witness these indignities, John's resentment would be so aroused as to produce such an outbreak of protesting indignation as would probably result in his death.

184:4.3 Throughout this awful hour Jesus uttered no word. To this gentle and sensitive soul of humankind, joined in personality relationship with the God of all this universe, there was no more bitter portion of his cup of humiliation than this terrible hour at the mercy of these ignorant and cruel guards and servants, who had been stimulated to abuse him by the example of the members of this so-called Sanhedrist court.

184:4.4 The human heart cannot possibly conceive of the shudder of indignation that swept out over a vast universe as the celestial intelligences witnessed this sight of their beloved Sovereign submitting himself to the will of his ignorant and misguided creatures on the sin-darkened sphere of unfortunate Urantia.

184:4.5 What is this trait of the animal in man which leads him to want to insult and physically assault that which he cannot spiritually attain or intellectually achieve? In the half-civilized man there still lurks an evil brutality which seeks to vent itself upon those who are superior in wisdom and spiritual attainment. Witness the evil coarseness and the brutal ferocity of these supposedly civilized men as they derived a certain form of animal pleasure from this physical attack upon the unresisting Son of Man. As these insults, taunts, and blows fell upon Jesus, he was undefending but not defenseless. Jesus was not vanquished, merely uncontending in the material sense.

184:4.6 These are the moments of the Master's greatest victories in all his long and eventful career as maker, upholder, and savior of a vast and far-flung universe. Having lived to the full a life of revealing God to man, Jesus is now engaged in making a new and unprecedented revelation of man to God. Jesus is now revealing to the worlds the final triumph over all fears of creature personality isolation. The Son of Man has finally achieved the realization of identity as the Son of God. Jesus does not hesitate to assert that he and the Father are one; and on the basis of the fact and truth of that supreme and supernal experience, he admonishes every kingdom believer to become one with him even as he and his Father are one. The living experience in the religion of Jesus thus becomes the sure and certain technique whereby the spiritually isolated and cosmically lonely mortals of earth are enabled to escape personality isolation, with all its consequences of fear and associated feelings of helplessness. In the fraternal realities of the kingdom of heaven the faith sons of God find final deliverance from the isolation of the self, both personal and planetary. The God-knowing believer increasingly experiences the ecstasy and grandeur of spiritual socialization on a universe scale -- citizenship on high in association with the eternal realization of the divine destiny of perfection attainment.

5. THE SECOND MEETING OF THE COURT

184:5.1 At five-thirty o'clock the court reassembled, and Jesus was led into the adjoining room, where John was waiting. Here the Roman soldier and the temple guards watched over Jesus while the court began the formulation of the charges which were to be presented to Pilate. Annas made it clear to his associates that the charge of blasphemy would carry no weight with Pilate. Judas was present during this second meeting of the court, but he gave no testimony.

184:5.2 This session of the court lasted only a half hour, and when they adjourned to go before Pilate, they had drawn up the indictment of Jesus, as being worthy of death, under three heads:

1. That he was a perverter of the Jewish nation; he deceived the people and incited them to rebellion.

2. That he taught the people to refuse to pay tribute to Caesar.

3. That, by claiming to be a king and the founder of a new sort of kingdom, he incited treason against the emperor.

184:5.3 This entire procedure was irregular and wholly contrary to the Jewish laws. No two witnesses had agreed on any matter except those who testified regarding Jesus' statement about destroying the temple and raising it again in three days. And even concerning that point, no witnesses spoke for the defense, and neither was Jesus asked to explain his intended meaning.

184:5.4 The only point the court could have consistently judged him on was that of blasphemy, and that would have rested entirely on his own testimony. Even concerning blasphemy, they failed to cast a formal ballot for the death sentence.

184:5.5 And now they presumed to formulate three charges, with which to go before Pilate, on which no witnesses had been heard, and which were agreed upon while the accused prisoner was absent. When this was done, three of the Pharisees took their leave; they wanted to see Jesus destroyed, but they would not formulate charges against him without witnesses and in his absence.

184:5.6 Jesus did not again appear before the Sanhedrist court. They did not want again to look upon his face as they sat in judgment upon his innocent life. Jesus did not know (as a man) of their formal charges until he heard them recited by Pilate.

184:5.7 While Jesus was in the room with John and the guards, and while the court was in its second session, some of the women about the high priest's palace, together with their friends, came to look upon the strange prisoner, and one of them asked him, "Are you the Messiah, the Son of God?" And Jesus answered: "If I tell you, you will not believe me; and if I ask you, you will not answer."

184:5.8 At six o'clock that morning Jesus was led forth from the home of Caiaphas to appear before Pilate for confirmation of the sentence of death which this Sanhedrist court had so unjustly and irregularly decreed.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p184.htm

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 04:26:31 am »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 03-08-2006 10:12 AM                       
Just curious on this one by Broodstryder:
quote:
''What exactly makes this genocide more important or more of an atrocitiy than any of the other genocides that have occured in the six thousand years of written history?''

And it will be helpful if you post the sources for this national government sanctioned genocide policy dating from the time-frame you mentioned.

No one is denying millions upon millions have died in wars, reprisals, out-right hatred, or just plain criminal activity but you have to remember the state sanctioned aspect of it. I'm not talking abut rogue elements within a government, I'm talking national policy as a determining factor in eliminating an entire race of people. And with that you can see Jews and Gypsies as a people were earmarked for elimination. Sure, the other nationals alongside the Jews and Gypsies in the camps perished as well because of political views or possible threats to established order but they weren't doomed to be for murdered simply because of who they were—that will be the Jews.
We don't need to lose sight of this important distinction either.
Posts: 2644 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002 
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 04:27:09 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 10:25 AM                       
Absonite just for the sake of debate, lets pick this apart

UB,
We have persistently sought peace, but the leaders of Israel will not have it. By rejecting the truth of God and the light of heaven, they are aligning themselves on the side of error and darkness.

So this does make them look bad, yes?

UB,
Jewish nation, even to these very men who now seek my destruction. And even now would my Father receive these blinded teachers and these hypocritical leaders if they would only turn to him and accept his mercy.

UB,
Generation after generation have we sent our prophets to teach and warn them, and generation after generation have they killed these heaven-sent teachers.

UB,
but when you have once filled up your cup of impenitence, and when once you have finally rejected my Father's mercy, this nation will be left to its own counsels, and it shall speedily come to an inglorious end.

UB,
, I solemnly warn you that you are about to lose your position in the world as the standard-bearers of eternal truth and the custodians of the divine law.

UB,
Remember, this is the sin of these rulers:

UB,
But how will your rabbis justify themselves since they profess to talk with God and then presume to reject and destroy him who comes to reveal the Father to the worlds?

So it does blame the rabbis, for Christ's death, yet without Christ's death there would be on atonement, so I see it as no need to blame that which is predestined.

Lots of Woe upon yous in the UB, yet Christ taught forgiveness.

UB,
are you witness to yourselves that you are the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets. Go on, then, and fill up the cup of your condemnation to the full!

I can see how this could turn people against the Jews as a people.

UB,
175:1.21 "Woe upon you, children of evil!

UB,
175:2.1

175:2.2 ,

and,
175:2.3

the above three passages do help clear things up a tad.

God who made a covenant with Abraham, and the plan to make the children of Abraham the light-bearers of truth to the world had been shattered. The divine covenant had been abrogated, and the end of the Hebrew nation drew on apace.

Who Killed Jesus? Jews or Romans?

[Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.]

who killed Jesus is irrelevant. If you're a devout Christian, Jesus would tell you not to blame but to forgive.

The first Christians were Jews who appealed to other Jews to accept Jesus as the Jewish Messiah. Their preaching thus did not condemn the Jews too harshly, laying most of the blame on the Romans. When the Jews rejected conversion, many early Christians turned against the Jews and looked for converts in the vast Roman Empire outside Judea. Their preaching therefore was careful not to condemn the Romans too harshly, but it was OK to blame Jews.

John's Gospel, which was written around 60 years after the death of Jesus, primarily addressed a Gentile community in Asia Minor. His audience almost certainly had no idea of the theological differences between Pharisees and Sadducees, or of the political tensions between the Hasmonean kings and the priests of the Temple. Therefore, John's Gospel often refers to those who were involved with the death of Jesus as simply "the Jews"--an expression that was to have tragic consequences as later Christians took that phrase as "gospel" and began to refer to Jews as "Christ-killers."

John Dominic Crossan wrote, "As long as Christians were the marginalized and disenfranchised ones, such passion fiction about Jewish responsibility and Roman innocence did nobody much harm. But once the Roman Empire became Christian, that fiction turned lethal."

1. Why did the high priest have Jesus arrested?

We don't know exactly; we can only speculate. First let's deal with two common theories.

a) The high priest thought Jesus was preaching armed revolt against the Romans. This view derives from John 18:33-38, a discussion about what kind of "king" Jesus claimed to be. From a historical perspective, however, it seems unlikely. If Caiaphas and Pilate thought that Jesus was trying to lead an armed revolt, they would also have arrested and executed all his followers and co-conspirators. We have evidence that they did this with at least two other threatened armed rebellions, those of Theudas and "the Egyptian," mentioned in both Josephus and Acts. Since Jesus' followers were not executed, it is unlikely that the high priest thought Jesus was urging armed rebellion.

(b) Jesus had theological differences with the Pharisees. This popular view is based on a misunderstanding of the beliefs of the Pharisees.

Without going into the Pharisaic sect, however, the very notion of a

theological dispute leading to execution is silly.

Jews certainly did sometimes kill each other, but not over legalistic disagreements.

The disputes between Jesus and the Pharisees were within the bounds of normal debates, such as happened frequently during Talmudic and rabbinic times.

Jesus opposed the Pharisees' views of what foods should be tithed. Such criticisms are not matters of life and death.

As additional indication is that the last chapters of the gospels do not even mention the Pharisees.

They are conspicuously absent from the stories of Jesus' arrest and trial.

If the reason for Jesus' arrest was the dispute with the Pharisees, surely they would have appeared at the trial.

The conclusion of most scholars is that the Pharisees had nothing to do with Jesus' arrest and execution.
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mjesuskill.html

well, if you want to read more.

[ 03-08-2006, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Ishtar ]

--------------------
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 04:27:41 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 03-08-2006 10:29 AM                       

Rwanda

Ten years ago some of the worst atrocities in the history of mankind took place in the country of Rwanda--and in an era of high-speed communication and round the clock news, the events went almost unnoticed by the rest of the world. In only three months, one million people were brutally murdered.

I could not help thinking that if during the Holocaust there had been images of Nazis herding Jews into the concentration camps on the nightly news nobody would have done anything either (but if a whale is trapped in an ice flow in the arctic a rescue mission shall be sent). Stories such as this emphasize the small number doing good against the large number doing evil, but there is always that even larger number signifying all the people who do nothing and assent to the evil by their silence.

[ 03-08-2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 04:28:12 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 10:32 AM                       
Yes, by who?

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 04:28:59 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 03-08-2006 10:40 AM                       
Examples Of Genocide From The Last 100 Years
October 29, 2004 12:47:44
EXAMPLES OF GENOCIDE FROM THE LAST 100 YEARS
The Daily Herald-Tribune (Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada)
October 27, 2004 Wednesday Final Edition
The stain on humanity that has come to be known as genocide has a long
history. Here are a few events from the last 100 years that have been
labelled genocides:

Ottoman Empire (1915)
More than one million Christian Armenians were forced from their homes
into the Syrian desert by the Muslim government of the then-Ottoman
empire, along the way to face slaughter and starvation. Decades later,
Third Reich dictator Adolf Hitler is said to have been inspired by the
events. He was quoted as saying: "Who, after all, speaks today of the
annihilation of the Armenians?"

Russian Revolution (1917-21)
Amid political upheaval that saw the fall of the czarist regime and the
rise of communism, organized mobs waged pogroms against Jewish
communities at the cost of more than 60,000 lives.

Stalinist Soviet Union (1931-33)
Under the banner of communism, landholdings and crops of prosperous
Ukrainian farmers were seized. Up to 10 million in Ukraine were driven
out to starve to death.

Nazi Germany (1939-45)
Hitler's "Final Solution" in the quest for a pure Aryan nation
accounted for the deaths of some six million Jews and tens of thousands
of other "undesirables." Many were gassed and then incinerated in death
camp furnaces.

Cambodia (1975-79)
The Khmer Rouge communist party was responsible for the deaths of more
than 1.5 million Cambodians through execution, slave labour and
starvation. The country recently agreed to a UN-supported plan to bring
surviving leaders to trial.

Bosnia (1992-95)
The breakup of Yugoslavia, as individual republics -- Croatia,
Slovenia, Macedonia and Bosnia-Herzegovina -- sought independence,
brought the wrath of the Serbian government, leading to widespread
exterminations. Some 18,000 victims have been discovered in mass
graves. Ex-Serb president Slobodan Milosevic is currently before an
international war-crimes tribunal on charges including genocide. Other
military aides have been indicted.

Rwanda (1994)
Some 500,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were slaughtered by Hutu
extremists in political strife. More Tutsis were massacred this summer
in a UN refugee camp in neighbouring Burundi.

Sudan (current)
An estimated 300,000 people will die by year's end as residents of
western Darfur region are forced from their lands. Many have been
slaughtered; many more face starvation and disease. The Arab-led
central government has been blamed for supporting the genocide.

[ 03-08-2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 04:29:35 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 10:42 AM                       
I think I will just post this here for good measure.

Scholar: Archaeology rebuffs effort to erase biblical Israel

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=20259

Revisionist scholars in Europe are ignoring a wealth of archaeological evidence in seeking to discount and, ultimately, erase belief in the biblical Israel, noted archaeologist William Dever said at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 04:30:04 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 10:44 AM                       
Yes Abs, it is an ugly planet, mans inhumanity to man.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 04:31:07 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-08-2006 10:47 AM                       
The topic title is,
Topic: Anti-Semitism...Is it Ever Justified?

So why all the off topic remarks, this is about the Jews, specifically, if we want to discus genocide in world history, lets start a topic on the subject.

[ 03-08-2006, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Ishtar ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 04:31:32 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 03-08-2006 11:13 AM                       
i was answering andrew , he doesn't seem to know or care whart else is going on except sarah's pet peeve of the day.

if these two are really so concerned with genocide and it's effects let them get on a plane tomorrow and do something about it in the Sudan. That genocide is happening today.

But, no ,, they are moral cowards sitting behind their keyboards whining about something they can do nothing about which happened 60 years ago.

Pathetic

[ 03-08-2006, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: