Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:43:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What would be the Greatest find? (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be the Greatest find? (Original)  (Read 17304 times)
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2007, 12:21:58 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-05-2006 01:47 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/778d/

Grin

that was to easy Para.

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2007, 12:22:16 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 01:50 PM                       
My computer is being stupid right now so it's difficult to view that page >.<

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2007, 12:22:42 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

Rate Member   posted 03-05-2006 01:56 PM                       
Interesting that you would say that Neko. I have a cousin, my age, who is still a practicing Psychiatrist. We have had lengthy discussions about some of his patients (no names are ever given). He says not all lunatics are obvious. Some of them are so convincing that it's scarey.He's firmly convinced that many of the worlds leaders have serious psycological hang-ups.He thinks that if the right lunatic ever takes over a major power we will have World War three. He beieves the new leader in Iran is emotionly unstable and could touch-off a war in that region which could, as you well know, engulf the rest of the world. The guys picture was on the front of last weeks Newsweek. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, he looks nuts. Notice the eyes.
Posts: 9885 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002 
Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:05 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:04 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Brig:
Interesting that you would say that Neko. I have a cousin, my age, who is still a practicing Psychiatrist. We have had lengthy discussions about some of his patients (no names are ever given). He says not all lunatics are obvious. Some of them are so convincing that it's scarey.He's firmly convinced that many of the worlds leaders have serious psycological hang-ups.He thinks that if the right lunatic ever takes over a major power we will have World War three. He beieves the new leader in Iran is emotionly unstable and could touch-off a war in that region which could, as you well know, engulf the rest of the world. The guys picture was on the front of last weeks Newsweek. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, he looks nuts. Notice the eyes.

Sometimes I wonder if being a world leader makes someone nuts. Look at the Crazy Caesars some of them were okay before they became emperor. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" (hope I said that right). The scary thing about psychopaths is that most of the time you don't know, charming people is their game. Look at Ted Bundy for instance people couldn't believe someone so charming was a psychopath. It's very scary.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Posts: 1425 | From: Shreveport, La | Registered: Oct 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:25 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-05-2006 02:09 PM                       
Who in their right mind would want to be a leader?

--------------------
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:48 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:12 PM                       
Interesting.
From the above link:

The simplest and most popular cosmological model today predicts that you have a twin in a galaxy about 10 to the 1028 meters from here. This distance is so large that it is beyond astronomical, but that does not make your doppelgänger any less real. The estimate is derived from elementary probability and does not even assume speculative modern physics, merely that space is infinite (or at least sufficiently large) in size and almost uniformly filled with matter, as observations indicate. In infinite space, even the most unlikely events must take place somewhere. There are infinitely many other inhabited planets, including not just one but infinitely many that have people with the same appearance, name and memories as you, who play out every possible permutation of your life choices....

NEEEE>............

[ 03-05-2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ParaNormalIAm ]

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2007, 12:24:22 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:14 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Deborah:
Who in their right mind would want to be a leader?

I wouldn't it, it would drive me crazy (my point exactly)

Para: This reminds me of a painting I saw of Lord Vishnu. He's floating on the cosmic waters and there are universes springing from him. Not galaxies but universes. I believe I mentioned that Hindus believe in multiple universes in the Eastern Mysteries thread  Wink I just love how ancients are right through Divine intervention.

[ 03-05-2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: nekozuki ]

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2007, 12:24:54 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:25 PM                       
Ok here is a discovery that will have evolutionist take note:

The Hobbit?

The simplest and most popular cosmological model today predicts that you have a twin in a galaxy about 10 to the 1028 meters from here. This distance is so large that it is beyond astronomical, but that does not make your doppelgänger any less real. The estimate is derived from elementary probability and does not even assume speculative modern physics, merely that space is infinite (or at least sufficiently large) in size and almost uniformly filled with matter, as observations indicate. In infinite space, even the most unlikely events must take place somewhere. There are infinitely many other inhabited planets, including not just one but infinitely many that have people with the same appearance, name and memories as you, who play out every possible permutation of your life choices....

http://homepage.mac.com/sparrowsfall/iblog/B2087645656/C935510781/E663189971/

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2007, 12:25:25 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:28 PM                       
I believe I mentioned that Hindus believe in multiple universes in the Eastern Mysteries thread I just love how ancients are right through Divine intervention.

On that note: why are the hindo gods blue?

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2007, 12:26:04 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-05-2006 02:31 PM                       
tatoos?

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2007, 12:26:33 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:32 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by ParaNormalIAm:
I believe I mentioned that Hindus believe in multiple universes in the Eastern Mysteries thread I just love how ancients are right through Divine intervention.

On that note: why are the hindo gods blue?

Only Vishnu and his incarnations are blue. It symbolizes that he is as eternal as the blue sky and the ocean waters. His incarnations such as Rama and Krishna were not actually blue. They have them with blue skin in their art to show they are incarnations of Vishnu

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2007, 12:26:54 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:35 PM                       
Cool, and thank you

[ 03-05-2006, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: ParaNormalIAm ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2007, 12:27:16 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-05-2006 02:36 PM                       
yeah if they actually had blue skin I would be worried lol.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2007, 12:27:38 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-05-2006 02:40 PM                       
there are blue people

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Chelsea Noveau
Superhero Member

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2007, 12:28:07 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-05-2006 02:42 PM                       
http://www.life.uiuc.edu/bio100/bluepeople.html

I am trying to find a picture

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: