Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:50:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Nordic Aliens (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nordic Aliens (Original)  (Read 9199 times)
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2008, 11:38:59 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 10:26 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's stay on the topic here, please. It sounds like it is just about to get interesting.
I had an idea for a comment I was about to add to this thread, but since it seems more suitable for my thread on God, I think I shall add it over there instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:20 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 10:50 PM                       
Mars, I hope you realize that you're arguing with a twenty-two year old. She probably still listens to people like Britney Spears (that's actually "listens", not "looks at" like most of us do).
I realize that there have been pre-1900 sightings of flying saucers, yet they were sparse at best and how many of those accounts were reliable? Certainly, we can't question the witnesses any longer. The Bible accounts that Jennie puts forward are all the more laughable. For one thing, we can't even be certain how much of the Bible is true and how much simple stories. For another, the events happened so long ago they are entirely unverifiable. I could say the same thing about the ancient Sumerian tablets, more myth, and that's all.

This whole topic is very easy to unravel.

Flying saucers: the result of the government testing experimental planes, then trying to cover it up. Most of the recent pictures have been faked.
You'll notice the upsurge photgraphic evidence - at the exact same time that technology was more able to produce better fakes.

Alien abduction: mostly the ravings of people who are either crazy or on hallucinogens. I don't doubt that some of them actually believe what they were seeing. Then, people also used to claim to see leprechauns, too, and there aren't any vast segments of society extolling them.

Crop circles and cattle mutiliations are also things that people have vainly tried to link with the alien phenomenom. But there is no evidence that one is linked with the other and most of these things have been proven to be manmade anyway.

In short, the case for aliens is long on wishful thinking, short on actual evidence.

Next Jennie or someone will want to bring up the "alien autopsy" thing or some other silliness. As W.C. Fields used to say, there is a sucker born every minute.

Posts: 357 | From: ancient Athens | Registered: Nov 2004   

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:38 pm »

Stacy Dohm

Member # 2189

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 11:01 PM                       
Aristotle, do you believe in any of the things we're discussing here?
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:55 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 11:12 PM                       
There are no miracles. I believe in work, toil and death, not necessarily in that order either.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2008, 11:40:14 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 11:16 PM                       
I figured you would say all that, but I doubt you've done any real research about any of this, Aristotle. You're just trying to be negative as possible to spoil it for everybody else. Sure there are a lot of nutcases out there when it comes to U.F.O.'s, but if even ninety percent of the alien reports turn out to be garbage, there's still about ten percent out there that you can't explain, and that nobody can explain.
If they are all a load of junk answer me this:

Why do all the abduction victims end up seeing pretty much the same thing?

Also, what aircraft has the government ever invented that can move around like the flying saucers can?

And what about the phenomenum of missing time that is present in so many abductions?

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2008, 11:40:36 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 01-26-2005 11:18 PM                       
By the way, I like Led Zep!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:05 pm »

Trevor Proffitt

Member # 2175

Member Rated:
   posted 01-27-2005 12:36 AM                       
Obviously, there has to be some other life in the universe. It's a huge universe, only a fool would think that we exist here alone. I suppose the question is this, is it advanced enough to contact us? Has it ever contacted us?
Just because the Milky Way Galaxy itself appears to be devoid of life (at the moment) doesn't mean that there wasn't life out there once. Mars, for instance, has the look of a world scarred by some catastrophe. I also believe that the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter might be the remains of a dead world.

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:31 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-27-2005 03:34 AM                       
Hi all. I have been away for a few days. Did anyone even notice?
To all who did, thank you; my warmest greetings to you all. To all who DIDN'T, screw you too

Aristotle, Glad to see you've come back to play. You've made a joke, I hear  (right Mars?)
(Dang, I must have missed it!)

quote:
There are no miracles. I believe in work, toil and death, not necessarily in that order either.

All good and well -- provided you are able to back your assertions. Many in this thread have added what information they can, be they theories (mostly), or something more solid (albeit debatable). You, on the other hand, inform us that these are all incorrect without so much as a trial. (note I am insisting you both examine the evidence, and provide a defence of your own work against it -- like everyone else.)

I am in no mood to comment in any real way right now, so, perhaps I'll be back tommorrow, instead.

take care all,

Au 'voir

Posts: 1626 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:51 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

Rate Member   posted 01-27-2005 04:39 PM                       
Aristotle: Point of correction that statement "Theres a sucker born every minute" is actually attributed to P. T. Barnum; though I can see Willy using it. It was ole W.C. who said."Of course I like children...it all depends on how they're cooked".
Posts: 10078 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:23 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2005 02:30 AM                       
I stand corrected, Brig. Like most here, I didn't bother to double check my references before posting them. Fields' sucker reference actually comes from the title of his movie, "Never Give a Sucker an Even Break."
To Bluducky:

quote:
Many in this thread have added what information they can, be they theories (mostly), or something more solid (albeit debatable). You, on the other hand, inform us that these are all incorrect without so much as a trial. (note I am insisting you both examine the evidence, and provide a defence of your own work against it -- like everyone else.)

Bluducky,

I believe that the problem here is that you are asking me to prove a negative. It would seem to me that the onus is on the U.F.O. enthusiasts to make their case, and, as I have pointed out, they have failed to do so. Where are all the crashed alien craft, and why aren't scientists studying the bodies? That is what would fall into the category of "proof." If science can examine something and classify it, then it can be called "proof." In addition, very little that has been shown in this forum can be called "solid." Most of the theories you cite actually fall into the category of "opinions," and, in cases like Jennie's (and perhaps your own), wishful thinking.

When all else fails, it is usually the simplest explanation that is the correct one, not the one that is the most fantastic. The sooner some of you realize that and that we are, at best, a cosmic accident, most likely alone in the universe, meant only for toil, drudgery and then death, the better.   Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:49 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2005 02:33 AM                       
To Jennie:
All alien abuctions see the same thing (perhaps they've all been taking the same hallucinogens)

Flying saucers don't move like any other planes (it's a wonder what special effects can do these days, isn't it?)

Missing time (perhaps they need new watches)

Don't worry, Jennie, I don't expect you to understand other explanations to all of these things, I know you're only twenty-two.

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2008, 11:43:15 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2005 02:51 AM                       
Rather a drab view of the world, wouldn't you say?
Bluducky, I always notice when you're not here, except, of course, when I'm not here myself.

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2008, 11:43:47 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-29-2005 12:52 AM                       

quote:
 I believe that the problem here is that you are asking me to prove a negative. It would seem to me that the onus is on the U.F.O. enthusiasts to make their case, and, as I have pointed out, they have failed to do so. Where are all the crashed alien craft, and why aren't scientists studying the bodies? That is what would fall into the category of "proof." If science can examine something and classify it, then it can be called "proof." In addition, very little that has been shown in this forum can be called "solid." Most of the theories you cite actually fall into the category of "opinions," and, in cases like Jennie's (and perhaps your own), wishful thinking.

Aristotle, well said and well noted.

However, I haven't asked you to prove any negatives at all.

Noting the highlighted text in your quote, I can readily TELL you where their 'evidence' is, although, I can't prove that, nor can they. (I hope you're following)

UFO phenomena require a whole different breed of proof, because their proof, simply does not exist to the open public. (as is plain to all)

How can we know if they are telling the truth, when so many claim that this 'proof' is taken away from them? How can we tell if there really are aliens if all the evidence is hidden away from view?

The simple point i'm making is that we cannot know for sure if they are telling the truth, as they have no control of their evidences, so HOW can they possibly show it to you?

Simple answer -- it can't be done. But, this by no means negates the existence of UFOs/aliens, and if you're as scientific as you like to suggest, then I'm sure you will agree.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty, and given the circumstances, you cannot rightfully call them wrong, can you?

(it may be possilbe to prove them wrong on a strictly scientific level, such as astronomy, and demonstrable, known sciences, but NOT for physical proof ,which is lacking)

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:24 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-29-2005 01:42 AM                       
PS: thank you Dawn, it's nice to be noticed  Smiley
(and I notice you, too. yet again, I notice everybody...)

Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:51 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 01-29-2005 07:49 PM                       
I notice when you're gone, too, Bluducky, you are one of the few sane (and nice) ones here.
Aristotle,

It would be one thing if you actually looked at the evidence (or even read a book about any of the things we're discussing here), then your opinion might mean something to me, but you clearly haven't even done that. Ducky is right, you don't go point by point, you don't take any scientific viewpoints, hell, you don't even do any work on it at all, you just say it's all crap and that's that.

Are you married? Cause I bet your wife doesn't put up with that crap, if you even have a wife.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: