Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:49:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Nordic Aliens (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nordic Aliens (Original)  (Read 9197 times)
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2008, 10:50:57 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 06-25-2006 10:19 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" or "A Midsummer Night's Nightmare"? - continues

A mythical "Dragon Ship" was involved in the birth of "Merlin the Magician" and the legend of King Arthur. Many later English Kings, like Henry VIII, insisted on the depiction of "Dragon Ships" floating in the sky in paintings by the master who rendered their portraits or depicted their lives on canvass and to connect themselves with Merlin and Arthur. I saw one such painting relating to Henry Tudor's birth during a visit to Hampton Court (Anne Boleyn's childhood residence), where her ghost still periodically makes apparitions. Curiously, in Anne's "visitations" to Hampton Court she usually appears "with her head on right" whereas, when her apparition revisits The Tower of London, where she was executed by decapitation, she is usually seen carrying her head in her hands.

Read Lewis Spence's "British Fairy Lore" and/or W. Evan-Wentz's "The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries." W. Evan-Wentz also translated the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" into English. Read works of Evan-Wentz's, one sees "The Big Picture," as well as, the connection to Nazi occult research and mysticism.

The mysteries of the Flannan Islands off the coast of Scotland from where 3 lighthouse keepers disappeared without a sign in 1900 could be related to Alien Abduction activities:

"Incredible theories sprang up: one of the men went insane and killed his colleagues before throwing himself off the island; a sea-monster dragged the keepers to a watery grave; and finally, a much later theory claimed that the men were abducted by aliens." http://heritage.scotsman.com

Consider this strange stanza from a poem about the strange incident, "Flannan Isle" by Wilfred Wilson Gibson. The entire poem may be read at the following link: http://heritage.scotsman.com

"And, as into the tiny creek
We stole beneath the hanging crag,
We saw three queer, black, ugly birds -
Too big by far, in my belief,
For guillemot or shag -
Like seamen sitting bolt upright
Upon a half-tide reef;
But, as we neared they plunged from sight,
Without a sound or spurt of white.

(Underlined emphasis, mine) This account sounds remarkably like sailor's sightings of "water UFOs," specifically one sighted by the Royal Navy in the 1950s and reported in Flying Saucer Review by Gordon Creighton.

After learning the of the true nature of Celto-Brithonic Fairy Lore, I used say to people:

"I shall never feel insulted if anyone ever calls me a "Fairy," knowing now what they really are.

I advise you the reader and I warn you..."Don't play with Puck!"

I emphasize that I "used to say I would not be insulted" if someone called me "a fairy" till my girlfriend heard the comment and, pointedly, inquired:

"Oh? You're not insulted to be called one of those 'fearsome, malicious and vindictive creatures who protect their 'turf' by sickening people, blinding them, killing them and/or driving them mad'?"

That's why I love my little "pixie."

So, I changed my mind again (I am insulted for a different reason) but I am sure the reader understands what I meant to say. "Fairies" are definitely not "Tinker Bell types." Banshees, leprechauns and goblins are closer to their true nature (and disposition).

Henry Fuseli - "The Nightmare"

I always wondered why the Royal Navy called the flimsy, cloth-winged biplanes that attacked and damaged the KM Bismarck in May 1941 by the appellation "Fairy Swordfish." We used to laugh at that name as kids in 1961 but I don't laugh anymore, understanding the real meaning of "Fairy" (and they eventually sunk the Bismarck with their lucky hit).

Of course, there is no doubt regarding the Bard's interest and fascination with the paranormal and the occult (demonstrated quite openly in "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "Mac Beth," "Hamlet" and hinted at in other works). For example, in "Julius Caesar":

"Calphurnia begs Caesar to stay home for fear of danger (based on a foreboding dream and the night's storm). Holy priests pluck the entrails of an animal and find no heart in it, another bad sign. Caesar declares he will stay home, to calm his wife's fears. Decius, though, convinces Caesar to come to the senate. On the way, the soothsayer Artemidorus tries to warn Caesar of impending death, to no avail." Hence, the saying:

"Beware the Ides of March!"

Read "Julius Caesar" at the following link: http://www.online-literature.com

Every writer's belief system colors his writings and expresses his world view and so it is not surprising to find that William Shakespeare (nominally an Anglican) was raised a Catholic: http://www.adherents.com

On this Summer Solstice 2006, I wish all readers a "Sweet Midsummer Night's Dream" but beware "The Midsummer Night's Nightmares" of alien intrusions into your private lives and private affairs. Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Do not go "UFO Hunting" for "the hunter" may well find himself "the hunted" (as a Canadian named "Kevin" discovered in the Yukon many years ago). And do remember:

"The Light shines in the darkness but the Darkness grasps it not."

Now, I have warned you but I know that some won't listen, calling this hypothesis an "old wives' tale" and mere "superstition."

Ask Anne Boyleyn about "old wives."

"Oh, Lord! What fools these mortals be!"

Happy Summer Solstice 2006

http://www.ufodigest.com/midsummer3.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: