Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:54:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Forbidden Archaeology : masterpiece of science

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbidden Archaeology : masterpiece of science  (Read 2898 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: March 18, 2007, 06:07:05 pm »

Yep ,I think the 'deeper' readers noticed that. I wonder if Cremo has any plans on that front. I would have thought that was logically the next step to take.
    Instead, Cremo wrote "Human Devolution" . Putting forward a theory to kind of fill the vacuum caused by the potential implications of Forbidden Archaeology .And because it matched his Born-Again Hindu (for want of a better description) beliefs.

Here's a thought...Maybe Cremo and Thompson are not so different from the establishment scientists as it may appear.They launched into the massive undertaking that was "Forbidden Archaeology" initially because their own beliefs didn't match establishment views about human antiquity.(A bit of an over-simplification,but that is the gist of it).
  And I remember they pointed out that their belief for the age of the Earth just happens to match the scientific establishments view ie. 4.32 billion years. That is some Hindu cycle of time for the Earth or the regeneration of the Earth.  The academics say Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

So maybe that is why they feel no urgency to investigate geological history ,it doesn't conflict with their belief . "If it ain't broke ,don't try to fix it "

That said, Cremo and Thompson were led by their belief to conduct some great science so I think that's all that matters.

The problem is when your beliefs lead you to ignore clear scientific data.

I remember writing something to someone here that basically goes  ... at the end of the day it is healthy ,actually vital , that their be scientists with varied beliefs looking at the data from their respective points of view and being able to be heard in the halls of acadaemia.That would only do any good if acadaemia was not dominated by a single point of view.

Despite that ,I think it is a healthy little underground we've got going around and I dont think that I would change very much about the system even if I could. Any one of us here has the chance to make a name for themselves by making an important discovery of a "fact" that has been overlooked by professional scientists.It's just very hard to do it from the 'outside' though.

That's another thing that's so good about Forbidden Archaeology to my mind. The idea that two independant scholars from way out of left-field could shake to their foundations the sciences of Anthropology and Archaeology in their entirety.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:32:36 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: