Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:36:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The date of the Trojan War

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The date of the Trojan War  (Read 1288 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: March 16, 2007, 11:34:48 am »

Most of the classical scholars  dated the Trojan War to around 1200 BC and so that is where modern scholars also place it ,add to this the archaeology that reveals major invasions in that region around 1200 BC and it seems that they nicely closed the book on the question of when the Trojan War occured.

There is one Historian who says otherwise ,Herodotus.  He states that the Trojan War occured 3 generations after the death of King Minos ,the last of the Minoans was around 1450 BC .So I would say that according to this account the Trojan War occured around 1360 BC. There is also another reason why I believe this figure. Earlier in Herodotus when he is inquiring of the Egyptian priest about Helen ,they tell him that she was in Egypt while the war raged and in that time she was the 'guest' of King Proteus of Egypt . To cut a long theory short, I identify Proteus with Akhenaten who reigned around 1360 BC ,and that Helen is none other than Nefertiti .

This is a major theory I have and there is more to it that involves Atlantis ,but there is too much to it to explain here . This is just to get the idea out there.

So I am suggesting that a real Trojan War occured ,it happened around 1360-50 BC and so therefore the story must have been handed down in some form to Homer who lived about 500 years after the event.

Due to Homers account being so different from the story the Egyptians told Herodotus, Homer may have composed some of it ,but an account of it may have survived in Miletus ,Ionia. Miletus is not that far from Chios,the island Homer hails from. Miletus managed to pass unscathed through the destruction brought by the Sea Peoples. So we have some cultural continuity connecting the Bronze with the Iron age. It became a Greek city when Ionians from mainland Greece invaded it ,but they did not destroy it.They simply killed the men and married the women .The Greeks found Carian women just too lovely to kill apparently.The result is that maybe stories and even texts could have survived down to the time of Homer on nearby Chios.
Interestingly Homer spoke not in his contemporary Greek but in an archaic form of Greek that was commonplace in the late Bronze Age. hmmm ,maybe that's because he learnt much of the story from a text that was written in the bronze age and read to him by a teacher since afterall Homer was blind ..who knows?

Well I should stop now

I would love any constructive criticism..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:40:02 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »

Please take this in before working further on Homer and Troy....

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000927.html

The real scene of the Iliad and the Odyssey can be identified not in the Mediterranean Sea, where it proves to be weakened by many incongruities, but in the north of Europe. The sagas that gave rise to the two poems came from the Baltic regions, where the Bronze Age flourished in the 2nd millennium B. C. and many Homeric places, such as Troy and Ithaca, can still be identified. The blond seafarers who founded the Mycenaean civilization in the 16th century B. C. brought these tales from Scandinavia to Greece after the decline of the "climatic optimum". Then they rebuilt their original world, where the Trojan War and many other mythological events had taken place, in the Mediterranean; through many generations the memory of the heroic age and the feats performed by their ancestors in their lost homeland was preserved, and handed down to the following ages. This key allows us to easily open many doors that have been shut tight until now, as well as to consider the age-old question of the Indo-European diaspora and the origin of the Greek civilization from a new perspective."

http://vteam06.googlepages.com/shb  This is an essay by Professor William Mullen after the team of sailors from Bard College sailed Vinci's proposed Homeric route in the Baltic last summer.
Vinci's book is now being taught as a master class there in the coming semester.

Vinci's book was finally released in English:  http://www.innertraditions.com/Product.jmdx;jsessionid=FCD4E6FC28583F71AC3E9BEB1B50CEF6?action=displayDetail&id=2068&searchString=1-59477-052-2

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:35:29 pm by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Mark of Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:29:41 pm »

Hey rock ,

I started reading in one of the links you gave but came across a word that was censored. Duli****m

It came from Atlantis Rising which is no surprise..  I sent a personal Email through that site to someone about a Diodorus quote and had it censored because I mispelled 'Icthyophagi' as Icthyofagi .So they censored the fag part .hence Icthyo***i .  That is just stupid . I know why that happened too .

Anyway ,could you please tell me what that word Duli****m really is ?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:31:14 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:32:37 pm »

Dulichium!  Why the hell that could be censored is beyond me.... Later on I spelled it D U L I C H I U M  so it wouldn't get "caught".
Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Mark of Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »

Hahahahahah   this is cracking me up  ,  maybe 'chiu' is Basque for fag  ,lol   No? is it Minoan then ?  Cheesy

when I read your response rock, it just literally made me laugh out loud . you seemed baffled and pissed at the same time.

I think I just came up with another acronym -Literally Making Me Laugh Out Loud  -LMMLOL  ,since afterall when typing lol, does anyone actually laugh out loud anymore?  except occasionally?.

hmm that was way of topic , lmmlol ,,ok sorry that was lame but I just had to be the first to officially use it. :
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »

We've been making "Butties", the opposite of "Smilies" which I think are retarded...Here's one...

I fart in your general direction  OO00oooo...(_._)  (From Monty Python...)

or

Head up ass   (_@_)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:08:11 pm by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Mark of Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56:59 am »

LOL
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: